Deputy Coordinator(1449 Views)
The Lincoln Learning Center Deputy Coordinator in Mazar-i-Sharif will work under the supervision of the Lincoln Learning Center Coordinator and will be responsible for the day to day operation of the center and for helping conduct program activities such as speakers, movie shows, discussion groups, Computer classes, and English language classes. Work will be done in coordination with the staff of the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in Kabul and its implementing partner Social Development and Research Organization for Afghans (SDROA).
|Date Posted:||11 Oct 2011||Reference:||008|
|Closing Date:||31 Oct 2011||Work Type:|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Education||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||International||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||0 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 Month|
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist the Coordinator in management of the center â€“ Responsible for daily opening/closing and maintaining scheduled hours of operation.
2. Assist the Coordinator to ensure that everyone has access to the center and nothing prohibits them from using the services.
3. Assist the Coordinator with maintenance of the collection and equipment.
4. Assist the Coordinator to make sure software are up to date and NO illegal software is installed, and password protect computers.
6. Assist the Coordinator to create and conduct program activities to include speakers, discussion groups, cultural events, and regular classes in English, computer training and any other topic of interest to the local population.
7. Attract volunteers and diverse speakers for programs.
8. Assist the Coordinator to conduct outreach activities (e.g. fliers, event notification, visits to schools)
9. Participate in the online community of American Corners.
10. Work to improve operations and outreach to result in increased user attendance at LLCs and at programs.
Budget Management and financial reporting:
11. Manage center procurement as per standards.
12. Assist the Coordinator with all financial documents and see that all financial transactions are sufficiently supported.
13. Ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to.
14. Maintain files for vouchers and other departmental correspondence.
15. Other duties as assigned.
Experience: One to three years of work experience
Salary: 600 USD/month
1. Deputy Coordinator should be someone who is creative, energetic, reliable, and full of initiative.
2. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English, Dari and Pashtu.
3. Ability to maintain library programs and collections and access the resource needs of library users.
4. Skill in working with youth and providing youth training.
5. Computer skills including Microsoft Office applications and Internet research.
6. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from the U.S. Embassy, customers and the general public.
7. Some knowledge of the United States of America.
At least one year of university study in Social Sciences, although substantial or significant relevant experience may be substituted.
Please submit your CV to: email@example.com before the deadline. Only short listed candidates will be called for an interview. Please do not submit your certificates at this time and make sure you write the vacancy number on the subject line of your e-mail.
No email provided, please refer to Submission Guideline above
|More jobs in this category|
|English Language Instructor at Bo Ali Seena English Language Center||Kabul||17 Nov 2017|
|Project Coordinator at Just for Afghan Capacity and Knowledge (JACK)||Kabul||29 Oct 2017|
|Course facilitator (trainer) at Just for Afghan Capacity and Knowledge (J..||Kabul||29 Oct 2017|
|English Language Instructor at Ama-E-Shamal Institute of spoken English||Kabul||15 Nov 2017|
|TOEFL Academic/Business Writing Instructor at Yasna Development and Suppo..||Herat||20 Oct 2017|
|TOEFL Academic/Business Writing Instructor at Yasna Development and Suppo..||Bamian||20 Oct 2017|
|NIMA Faculty (Refresher Courses) at ASDP/DMTVET/MOE||Kabul||20 Oct 2017|
|English Language Teacher at SDROA||Jawzjan||21 Oct 2017|
|BBA lecturer at Karwan University||Kabul||18 Oct 2017|
|ANIM Faculty (Violin & Viola) at ASDP/DMTVET/MOE||Kabul||19 Oct 2017|
|IT Officer at Ama-E-Shamal Institute of spoken English||Kabul||25 Oct 2017|
|Manager/Admin officer at Ama-E-Shamal Institute of spoken English||Kabul||18 Oct 2017|
|Call for Resume at Afghanistan Center for Excellence||Kabul||13 Nov 2017|
|BBA Lecturer at Jahan University||Kabul||31 Oct 2017|
|WIE - Scholarship Microsoft Office Certificat.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Kabul||01 Jan 2018|
|Adobe Creative Cloud Certification in digital.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Kabul||01 Jan 2018|