Deputy Coordinator(814 Views)
The Lincoln Learning Center Deputy Coordinator in Mazar-i-Sharif will work under the supervision of the Lincoln Learning Center Coordinator and will be responsible for the day to day operation of the center and for helping conduct program activities such as speakers, movie shows, discussion groups, Computer classes, and English language classes. Work will be done in coordination with the staff of the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in Kabul and its implementing partner Social Development and Research Organization for Afghans (SDROA).
|Date Posted:||11 Oct 2011||Reference:||008|
|Closing Date:||31 Oct 2011||Work Type:|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Education||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Unknown||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||0 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 Month|
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist the Coordinator in management of the center â€“ Responsible for daily opening/closing and maintaining scheduled hours of operation.
2. Assist the Coordinator to ensure that everyone has access to the center and nothing prohibits them from using the services.
3. Assist the Coordinator with maintenance of the collection and equipment.
4. Assist the Coordinator to make sure software are up to date and NO illegal software is installed, and password protect computers.
6. Assist the Coordinator to create and conduct program activities to include speakers, discussion groups, cultural events, and regular classes in English, computer training and any other topic of interest to the local population.
7. Attract volunteers and diverse speakers for programs.
8. Assist the Coordinator to conduct outreach activities (e.g. fliers, event notification, visits to schools)
9. Participate in the online community of American Corners.
10. Work to improve operations and outreach to result in increased user attendance at LLCs and at programs.
Budget Management and financial reporting:
11. Manage center procurement as per standards.
12. Assist the Coordinator with all financial documents and see that all financial transactions are sufficiently supported.
13. Ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to.
14. Maintain files for vouchers and other departmental correspondence.
15. Other duties as assigned.
Experience: One to three years of work experience
Salary: 600 USD/month
1. Deputy Coordinator should be someone who is creative, energetic, reliable, and full of initiative.
2. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English, Dari and Pashtu.
3. Ability to maintain library programs and collections and access the resource needs of library users.
4. Skill in working with youth and providing youth training.
5. Computer skills including Microsoft Office applications and Internet research.
6. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from the U.S. Embassy, customers and the general public.
7. Some knowledge of the United States of America.
At least one year of university study in Social Sciences, although substantial or significant relevant experience may be substituted.
Please submit your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline. Only short listed candidates will be called for an interview. Please do not submit your certificates at this time and make sure you write the vacancy number on the subject line of your e-mail.
No email provided, please refer to Submission Guideline above
|More jobs in this category|
|Dean for NIMA at ASDP/DMTVET/MOE||Kabul||19 Sep 2015|
|Education Advisor at Social and Educational Services Organization||Kabul||10 Sep 2015|
|Provincial Manager at Social and Educational Services Organization||Multi Cities||10 Sep 2015|
|Student Mentoring Program Coordinator at American University of Afghanist..||Kabul||25 Sep 2015|
|ESL Instructor/Admin Assistant at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||10 Sep 2015|
|Education Manager & Trainer at SKO||Kabul||10 Sep 2015|
|English Instructor at ESO||Herat||04 Sep 2015|
|TOEFL Instructor at ESO||Herat||04 Sep 2015|
|Deputy Country Coordinator (DCC) at Shan Globe Consulting Company||Kabul||15 Sep 2015|
|IT Assistant at FHI 360||Kabul||05 Sep 2015|
|Country Education Monitor (CEM) at Shan Globe Consulting Company||Kabul||09 Sep 2015|
|Science Subject Instructors at ESO||Herat||04 Sep 2015|
|Student Affairs Specialist at ESO||Herat||04 Sep 2015|
|Project Coordinator at ESO||Herat||04 Sep 2015|
|Translator at FHI 360||Kabul||30 Aug 2015|
|Teaching and Learning Manager at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||31 Aug 2015|
|Strategic Planning and Research Manager at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||31 Aug 2015|
|Education and Technology Manager at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||31 Aug 2015|
|Dean of Managment Sciences Faculty at Jahan University||Kabul||10 Sep 2015|
|Institutional Development Consultant at ASDP/DMTVET/MOE||Kabul||30 Aug 2015|
|Lecturer (IT & Computer Science) at Salam University||Kabul||10 Sep 2015|