Date Posted: Jan 17, 2011
Fuel Operators position with Supreme Fuels (2765 Views)
About Supreme Fuelsa â€˜blue chipâ€™ liquid fuels service provider, widely-known for our ability to undertake the most challenging operations, anywhere in the world, under any conditions. We develop and implement customized supply chain solutions in demanding environments, efficiently and effectively providing critical commodities that assist our customers to achieve their goals and objectives. We provide a full suite of bulk fuel services: whether a rapidly-deployable bulk fuel supply chain and corresponding aviation refueling operation or a long term, state-of-the-art bulk storage facility.
Job SummaryConduct refueling activities in a safe manner and in compliance with Supreme Fuels Standard Operating Procedures.
To conduct all fuel handling and site duties in a competent and professional manner, maintain equipment and vehicles as trained; obey the directions of personnel placed in charge; undertake training as required to broaden operational focus.
The Fuel Specialist will undertake training at the discretion of management to broaden individualâ€™s operational deployment and personal development.
Duties and Responsibilities1. Prepare samples in compliance with the Supreme Fuels SOP and determine when to take what type of sample
2. Conduct Fuel Quality Checks in compliance with ASTM standards to ensure the fuel meets the set specification throughout the supply chain
3. Performs usage calculations and request service time and amount for tank filling.
4. Identify download, storage and issue tanks
5. Keep BRAG system up-to-date
6. Prepares and checks receiving and shipping documents
7. Conducts site inspections to ensure equipment is in required state to meet quality objectives as per the requirements of the facility checklist daily/weekly/monthly checks
8. Function as pump operator
9. Competently operate the meter
10. Record all quantities issued and received on the required documentation
11. Operate the FMIS system to record sales
12. Conduct end-of-day fuel reconciliation checks
13. Inspect the filters to ensure they function at an optimal level
14. Assist maintenance staff during filter element change out
15. Conduct refueling vehicle daily/weekly/monthly inspections to ensure the vehicle meets all QHSE and operational requirements and report inconsistencies to the supervisor
16. Drain all tanks, bladders and refuelers as per the set time interval
17. Conduct risk assessments on refueling tasks
18. Refuel rotary and fixed wing aircraft in compliance with the Supreme Fuels SOP ensuring that all QHSE requirements are met
19. Refuel generators and ground vehicles in compliance with the Supreme Fuels SOPs ensuring that all QHSE requirements are met
20. Immediately stop refueling if an inconsistency is identified
21. Maintain aircraft approach procedures and flight line driving rules and regulations
22. Report any unsafe acts, dangerous activities or non compliance with HSE Policies and Procedures to your supervisor
23. Provide first aid in case of a medical emergency
24. Provide adequate spill response that is compliant with the Spill Prevention and Response Plan in case of a spill
25. Provide adequate fire response that is compliant with the Fire prevention and Response Plan in case of a fire
26. Provide emergency response in case of insurgent attack
27. Maintain PPE
28. Maintain excellent housekeeping standards
29. Act in a professional manner when in contact with the customer
30. Inform the LOâ€™s of any customer concerns that have been raised
QualificationFluent English Speaker
willing to work long hours