Date Posted: Mar 21, 2012
Regional Field Officer - CTG for IOM position with CTG Global Limited (977 Views)
About CTG Global LimitedCTG Global is a Personnel Management Service Company specialised in Recruitment, Management Consultancy,and Human Resources management services in countries experiencing or emerging from armed conflicts, natural disasters, or acute social and economic crises worldwide. CTG Global provides tailored personnel management support enabling a growing number of public and private sector agencies and individuals to achieve their objectives in complex and challenging environments. CTG Global clients in Afghanistan currently comprise government, UN agencies, non-government organizations (NGOs), and different businesses such a security companies.
As the leading inter-governmental organization, IOM Afghanistan prioritizes close coordination and collaboration with the humanitarian country team, the cluster mechanism, individual partner agencies and the GoA in its entirety to provide coordinated and complementary humanitarian action. IOM Afghanistan has deputy role at country’s Emergency Shelter (and NFI) cluster within the IASC mechanism. IOM is also a lead in the country’s IDP Task Force for Natural Disaster-induced IDPs (with UNHCR leading the Task Force for Conflict-Induced IDPs) and active member of Afghanistan protection cluster leading Natural Disaster Induced IDP. Importantly, IOM is an active member of HCT, and enjoys extensive cooperation with partner agencies such as UNHCR, OCHA and others. Furthermore, the humanitarian work of the Afghanistan Mission is supported by the IOM Geneva-based ‘Emergency and Post Crisis’ (EPC) unit which specializes in providing technical support and first class training opportunities
IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, be they refugees, displaced persons or other uprooted people. The IOM Constitution gives explicit recognition to the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement of persons. IOM works in the four broad areas of migration management: migration and development, facilitating migration, regulating migration, and addressing forced migration. Cross-cutting activities include the promotion of international migration law, policy debate and guidance, protection of migrants’ rights, migration health and the gender dimension of migration. IOM works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners.
Job SummaryGeneral Function: Under the overall supervision of the Program Manager and the direct supervision of the Officer in Charge (OIC), the Regional Field Officer will support the daily management and implementation of the HAP activities in the SE Region. This program seeks to ensure that the population affected by natural disasters is adequately addressed, and assistance, as appropriate, is provided (within the framework of IOM’s role in inter-agency response coordination mechanisms). In particular, the Regional Field Officer will:
Duties and ResponsibilitiesDuties and Responsibilities
• Support the implementation of the HAP in the South Eastern Region
• Support the OIC in liaising between HAP and the local authorities – in a first line ANDMA (Afghanistan Natural Disaster Management Authority), but also Provincial and District Governors, Chief of Police, ministerial officials, shura representative’s community leaders, etc.
• Develop a sound understanding of IOM administrative procedures and program reporting methods in order to assist the OIC in ensuring these are employed in accordance with programme requirements
• Ensure correct submission by HAP field staff of all documents/forms including Rapid Assessment Form, Family Assessment Form and all other relevant documents. Prepare the weekly and monthly reports and other documents as required Prepare administrative documents and tracking systems when needed Ensure office correspondence is maintained in good order (incoming/outgoing message filing etc.) and organize and manage filing according to program
guidelines, keeping reference systems for documentation related to the program Support the Program Management team in tracking financial expenditure of program grants
• Support field staff with the development of assistance packages
• Perform such other duties as may be assigned
QualificationThe successful candidate will be able to work without direct supervision, and will exhibit
personal commitment, drive for results, efficiency, flexibility, respect for diversity, creative
thinking and problem solving.
Submission Guideline•Interested Afghan National Candidates should submit their applications via e-mail, indicating on the SUBJECT line the title and vacancy number of the position applied for, to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications received after the closing date (31st March 2012) will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for an interview