Finance Consultant PCH(867 Views)
About Ministry of Public Health/Ministry of Public Health
The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) is tasked with a critical mandate; to deliver and promote sustainable and accessible health care services to the people of Afghanistan. Social and economic advancement can only be realized in a thriving and healthy society.
The success of the MoPH is heavily driven in its ability to plan and use allocated resources effectively. Effective financial management is therefore critical for sustainable development and is the primary tool that translates the MoPH development strategies into noticeable outcomes or service delivery. Good governance and democratic accountability relies on transparent management of the MoPH budget. Therefore, ineffective financial management undermines the effectiveness and efficiency of development interventions and hinders the country’s progress towards improved and sustainable health care.
MoPH finance directorate is going through a reform process and after reviewing the structure of finance directorates of other line ministries such as MRRD, MoE and MAIL, has proposed a new and standard structure that is approved by MoPH leadership, for this purpose MoPH needs a qualified staff as head of coordination and reporting unite, to take the responsibility of overall coordination and financial reporting of MoPH.
-Finance Consultant will have responsibility for oversight of all financial aspects of the PCH project, including but not limited to project management expenditures for PCH and project implementation expenditures of the grantee and contracted NGOs (partner NGOs). The Finance Consultant must be aware of and ensure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, MoPH and MoF policies, and any cost principles imposed by USAID (the donor). Holder of this position will work closely with PCH Sr. Finance Consultant and PCH Project Manager, particularly in relation to interface and reporting of financial information to MoPH.
|Data Posted:||19 Apr 2012||Reference:||PCH|
|Job Location:||Afghanistan||Work type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Contract Duration:|
|Funcational Area:||Health/Medical||Open Ended:||NO|
|Industry:||Salary range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract type:||Short Term||Closing Date:||30 Apr 2012|
Duties and Responsibilities
Financial Management (Payment and Budget control)
• Budget estimation for review B4 (budget form)
• Review of PCH annual allotments for each PCH Partners; Budget, Actual Expenditure and under spending
• Prepare budget for PCH project
• Participate in Budget review meetings, Budget negotiation, Computation of Budget Ceiling Amounts by Province for PCH
• Computation of Budget Ceiling Amount by province for PCH
Financial Monitoring /Audit
• Pre-award Survey for new PCH organization
• NGOs Finance Office Visits
• NGO Finance Office Follow-up Visits
• Field Visit of NGOs Offices
• Provide financial information for the auditor
• Follow up audit finding /questionable cost/disallowed cost
• Reconciliation of audit financial information with PCH record
• Prepare allotment and obtain the required signatures in MoPH
• Prepare M16 for each 45 days payment cycle and other operation running cost of project
• Timely prepare bank reconciliation and reconcile with the bank statement
• Ensure and regular following-up that, all payment vouchers (M16) are processed inside MoPH and submitted to MoF
• Ensure all expenditures and transactions are in compliance with the MoPH and Donor requirements.
• Review and reconciliation of the NGO budgets and expenditures with bank statements, cash books, and or transaction lists
• Maintain proper filing system for the PCH financial documents
• Data entry of expenses in the budget and expenses bookkeeping/accounting software as needed
• Generating of expenditure reports (monthly, quarterly and annually) in accordance with government and donor requirements
• Assist in developing a system for monitoring of expenditures
• Review and reconcile the NGO quarterly financial reports, including budgets, expenditures, bank statements, cashbooks, and or transaction listings.
• Any other job related task assigned by Sr. Finance Consultant
Reports to: PCH Senior Finance Consultant
• Must be Afghan National
• Graduation from Economic Faculty, BBA or equivalent education is required
• Three years working experience in the field of Financial Management or Accounting in NGO or Government.
• Working knowledge in Word, Excel and MS Access are required
• Ability to work ethically with confidential issues and documents of Finance Department
• Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
• Good written and spoken English skills and Local Language
• Good problem solving skills, team player and service orientation.
• Ability and availability to travel to provincial areas in Afghanistan as required.
Years of Experience:
(I) If any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. Application Form (Please mention in your email’s subject line the post title and vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions)
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Department, Second floor, PPR Consultancy Office at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Ab.Wasay Alokozai, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)- 786-175876
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process.
Please contact the person in charge (Mr.A.Wasay Alokozai) for confirmation.
You must be logged in to see the submission Email (if any).