Marketing Officer(548 Views)
About Ministry of Mines
The Marketing Officer will work in CNG Office under the supervision of CNGO Manager and support CNGO at MoM to promote CNG industry in carrying out the functions of marketing. The Marketing Officer will be responsible in supporting development and success of the CNG Office, reaching out to potential investors, giving interviews to press, and educating the public about the economic benefits of CNG. He/she will also manage the entire tender process for handing over the CNG station to private sector. The Marketing Officer will take responsibility for marketing campaigns to maximize the public awareness, maintain positive relationships with all venues and media partners to help achieve challenging targets. The Marketing Officer will develop, establish and maintain marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives.
|Date Posted:||16 Jun 2012||Reference:||MoM/CNG/025|
|Closing Date:||30 Nov -0001||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Marketing Officer will work under the overall guidance and management of CNG Office Manager who reports to the Minister of Mines and Director of Amu Darya and Petroleum Authority at Ministry of Mines. The Marketing Officer will be working in close collaboration with the staff of the CNGO, ADPA, and relevant departments in the MoM, MoCI, and Task Force for Business Stability and Operations and other stakeholders towards achieving the MoM vision of openness, transparency, responsiveness, productivity, and efficiency. He/she will be expected to perform the following tasks:
• To develop promotional opportunities and ideas from conception through to delivery.
• To manage the production of marketing materials, including leaflets, posters, flyers, newsletters etc.
• To arrange for the effective distribution of marketing materials.
• Ensure the CNGO’s message is distributed across channels and to targeted audiences in order to meet marketing objectives.
• To source advertising opportunities and placing adverts in the press – local, regional, on the radio/TV.
• To Liaise and network with a range of stakeholders including customers, investors, colleagues, suppliers, and partner organizations.
• To maintain and update customer database for growing market.
• To organize and attend events such as conferences, seminars, and exhibitions.
• To conduct market research such as customer questionnaires and focus groups.
• To establish and implement marketing plans and strategies.
• To evaluate marketing campaigns, monitor and analyze market trends.
• To monitor competitive activity in the sector.
• To contribute in developing pricing strategy, and in comparison with price of petrol and diesel.
• To build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on CNG delivery to customers, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
• To attend performances and other events as required out of normal office hours.
• Prepare daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports with analysis on the progress, challenges, and lessons learnt.
• Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business administration with concentration in marketing. Master’s Degree will be a strong plus.
• With Master’s Degree 2 years of relevant experience and with Bachelor’s Degree 4 years of relevant experience is required.
• Relevant experience working with a government institution, non-governmental organization or international organization with at least two years in relevant position.
• Proven writing skills in Dari or Pashto.
• Proven track record in maintaining good work ethics, keeping files, and recording system.
• Demonstrated knowledge of computers, producing reports and formal presentations in English; aware of the techniques and modern technological tools.
• Maintains confidentiality of data and respects data dissemination policies.
• Have knowledge of a wide range of marketing techniques and concepts
• Be an excellent communicator
• Be able to respond well to pressure
• Be interested in what motivates people
• A strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
• Work well in a team and with a wide range of people
• Be proactive and able to take the initiative
• Be able to motivate and inspire a team
• Be well presented with a professional manner
• Be persuasive and diplomatic
• Have a good business awareness
• Be able to work within a budget.
• Good networking and teamwork skills.
• Strong English (written and oral communication skills); fluency in Dari and Pashto.
CVs including cover letter should be submitted ELECTRONICLY to firstname.lastname@example.org, Please include position title and vacancy No. in the subject line of the e-mail. Only short listed candidates whose background and experiences corresponds to the above criteria will be contacted for further consideration.
You must be logged in to see the submission Email (if any).
|More jobs in this category|
|Head of PDU at Good Performers Initiative (GPI)||Kabul||14 Aug 2015|
|Office Manager at Access Group International Inc||Kabul||18 Aug 2015|
|Recovery Officer at Onyx Construction Company||Kabul||05 Aug 2015|
|DEPUTY CHIEF OF TEAM - ADVISORS - MENTEE (LN) at Afghanistan Justice Sect..||Kabul||24 Aug 2015|
|Head of GCMU at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||04 Aug 2015|
|Operations Parcel Manager at State Corps||Kabul||25 Aug 2015|
|Deputy Coordinator Lincoln Learning Center Ga.. at SDROA||Paktia||12 Aug 2015|
|Supply Chain Management and Maintenance Train.. at Global Technology||Kabul||15 Aug 2015|
|Maintenance Management Trainers and Mentors at Global Technology||Kabul||16 Aug 2015|
|Chief Executive Officer at Pearl Horizon Consulting||Kabul||15 Aug 2015|
|Lincoln Learning Center Deputy Coordinator at SDROA||Herat||05 Aug 2015|
|Provincial Manager at CARD-F||Kandahar||05 Aug 2015|