Marketing Officer(1008 Views)
About Ministry of Mines
The Marketing Officer will work in CNG Office under the supervision of CNGO Manager and support CNGO at MoM to promote CNG industry in carrying out the functions of marketing. The Marketing Officer will be responsible in supporting development and success of the CNG Office, reaching out to potential investors, giving interviews to press, and educating the public about the economic benefits of CNG. He/she will also manage the entire tender process for handing over the CNG station to private sector. The Marketing Officer will take responsibility for marketing campaigns to maximize the public awareness, maintain positive relationships with all venues and media partners to help achieve challenging targets. The Marketing Officer will develop, establish and maintain marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives.
|Date Posted:||16 Jun 2012||Reference:||MoM/CNG/025|
|Closing Date:||30 Nov -0001||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Marketing Officer will work under the overall guidance and management of CNG Office Manager who reports to the Minister of Mines and Director of Amu Darya and Petroleum Authority at Ministry of Mines. The Marketing Officer will be working in close collaboration with the staff of the CNGO, ADPA, and relevant departments in the MoM, MoCI, and Task Force for Business Stability and Operations and other stakeholders towards achieving the MoM vision of openness, transparency, responsiveness, productivity, and efficiency. He/she will be expected to perform the following tasks:
• To develop promotional opportunities and ideas from conception through to delivery.
• To manage the production of marketing materials, including leaflets, posters, flyers, newsletters etc.
• To arrange for the effective distribution of marketing materials.
• Ensure the CNGO’s message is distributed across channels and to targeted audiences in order to meet marketing objectives.
• To source advertising opportunities and placing adverts in the press – local, regional, on the radio/TV.
• To Liaise and network with a range of stakeholders including customers, investors, colleagues, suppliers, and partner organizations.
• To maintain and update customer database for growing market.
• To organize and attend events such as conferences, seminars, and exhibitions.
• To conduct market research such as customer questionnaires and focus groups.
• To establish and implement marketing plans and strategies.
• To evaluate marketing campaigns, monitor and analyze market trends.
• To monitor competitive activity in the sector.
• To contribute in developing pricing strategy, and in comparison with price of petrol and diesel.
• To build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on CNG delivery to customers, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
• To attend performances and other events as required out of normal office hours.
• Prepare daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports with analysis on the progress, challenges, and lessons learnt.
• Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Bachelor’s Degree in business administration with concentration in marketing. Master’s Degree will be a strong plus.
• With Master’s Degree 2 years of relevant experience and with Bachelor’s Degree 4 years of relevant experience is required.
• Relevant experience working with a government institution, non-governmental organization or international organization with at least two years in relevant position.
• Proven writing skills in Dari or Pashto.
• Proven track record in maintaining good work ethics, keeping files, and recording system.
• Demonstrated knowledge of computers, producing reports and formal presentations in English; aware of the techniques and modern technological tools.
• Maintains confidentiality of data and respects data dissemination policies.
• Have knowledge of a wide range of marketing techniques and concepts
• Be an excellent communicator
• Be able to respond well to pressure
• Be interested in what motivates people
• A strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
• Work well in a team and with a wide range of people
• Be proactive and able to take the initiative
• Be able to motivate and inspire a team
• Be well presented with a professional manner
• Be persuasive and diplomatic
• Have a good business awareness
• Be able to work within a budget.
• Good networking and teamwork skills.
• Strong English (written and oral communication skills); fluency in Dari and Pashto.
CVs including cover letter should be submitted ELECTRONICLY to email@example.com, Please include position title and vacancy No. in the subject line of the e-mail. Only short listed candidates whose background and experiences corresponds to the above criteria will be contacted for further consideration.
You must be logged in to see the submission Email (if any).
|More jobs in this category|
|Project Manager at Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of..||Kabul||01 May 2018|
|مدیر عمومی تدارکات at ATRA||Kabul||13 May 2018|
|مدیر کاریابی مرکز آموزشه.. at Omid Male VTC||Kabul||01 May 2018|
|مدیرعمومی لیلیه امید at Omid Male VTC||Kabul||01 May 2018|
|مدیر عمومی آموزشهای فنی .. at Omid Male VTC||Kabul||01 May 2018|
|آمر مرکز آموزشهای فنی و ح.. at Omid Male VTC||Kabul||01 May 2018|
|(مدیرعمومی لیلیه (اناث at Omid Female VTC||Kabul||01 May 2018|
|(مدیر عمومی آموزشهای فنی .. at Omid Female VTC||Kabul||01 May 2018|
|Internal Audit SME at MOIA||Kabul||04 May 2018|
|Internal Control SME at MOIA||Kabul||04 May 2018|
|Senior Credit Analyst at SME Client Support Afghanistan LLC||Kabul||05 May 2018|
|Assistant to Management at SME Client Support Afghanistan LLC||Kabul||10 May 2018|
|Fuel Distribution System Operator at JimCo International, LLC||Kabul||01 May 2018|
|Bulk Fuel Terminal Manager at JimCo International, LLC||Kabul||01 May 2018|
|مدیر پلان at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Corporat..||Kabul||27 Apr 2018|
|Business Development Specialist at GEO-CHEM Middle East - Afghanistan||Kabul||10 May 2018|
|Management Instructor at PDI at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Apr 2018|
|Programme Analyst at UNDP Afghanistan||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|Deputy Chief of Team - Advisors at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||27 Apr 2018|
|Examinations Assistant at British Council Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Apr 2018|
|Deputy Head of Technical & Coordination Unit at DACAAR||Kabul||05 May 2018|