Property & Procurement Manager(1697 Views)
|Date Posted:||11 Jul 2012||Reference:||KBL/2012/022|
|Closing Date:||10 Aug 2012||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Month(s)|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Under supervision of Senior Administrative Officer (SAO) and contract Facility Manager, coordinate property maintenance request, coordinate property procurement requests and overall management of DHL shipping services;
• Management of transit accommodation for A-based Staff and official Australian government visitors – Heetal Hotel;
• Liaise with A-based staff in respect to cleaning services at A-based residences, Chancery and Annexe buildings;
• Prepare initial drafts of correspondences to landlords relating to leased Embassy property;
• Maintain and update property records e.g. residence inventories, attractive and portable items register and stock take of office equipment;
• Arrange and coordinate office equipment maintenance;
• Timely preparation of FMA001’s for payments relating to property expenditure;
• Other tasks as requested by SAO.
• Procurement of goods and services for staff from local suppliers and Australia;
• Timely preparation of FMA001’s for payments relating to the purchase of goods and services;
• Liaise with local mobile phone service provider (Roshan) – act as Point of Contact for enquiries and invoices;
• Liaise with contract Dish cable TV provider to register, renew and terminate Dish cable TV subscriptions for A-based staff residences, Chancery and Annexe buildings – act as Point of Contact for enquiries and invoices;
• Liaise with contract Internet providers to register, renew and terminate internet subscriptions for A-based staff residences; - act as Point of Contact for enquiries and invoices;
• Liaise with Government and Non-Government organizations e.g. MFA, Land department, Tax department, Customs, as required.
• Coordinate and provide advice on import/export consignments (Diplomatic mail bag, A-based personal effects).
• Provision of clear, accurate and concise advice to attached agencies at post on property, procurement and shipping concerns;
• It would be expected, that during the course their employment, the incumbent would gain a high level of understanding of the Australian Government Procurement Guidelines, the Finance Act and the Financial Management Manual;
• Other tasks as requested by the SAO.
The ongoing performance of the Property & Procurement Manager will be measured on the ability to:
• Provide high level advice and support to the SAO and contract Facilities Manager on local issues relating to Property and Procurement;
• Ensure that the Corporate Services section delivers excellent service to its internal clients on property and procurement related issues. Manage important liaison with Agency heads and Locally Engaged Staff (LES);
• Implement and monitor audit measures to ensure compliance with all legislation; policy; and Service Level Agreements which govern Property and Procurement activities;
• Coordinate administrative reporting as required by the Department such as Asset Stock-take, Service Level Agreement (SLA) Activity Survey, Hazard Identification Checklist, and other ad-hoc requests as assigned by the SAO;
• Coordinate professional translations from English into Dari and vice versa of property and procurement documents or information, including those marked X-In Confidence;
• Other duties as assigned by the SAO.
A successful Property and Procurement Manager would be:
• A highly motivated, independent thinker with an advanced ability to make and support strategic recommendations to management;
• Action-oriented and interested in seeking innovative solutions within the framework of legislation and DFAT policies;
• Effective at communicating, liaising and negotiating with the range of the Corporate Services sections stakeholders including LES, Australia-based officers, external service providers and DFAT Canberra.
The position is required to obtain satisfactory security and medical checks.
The Property and Procurement Manager will work 5 days per week from Sunday to Thursday (37.5 hours per week) from 08:30am to 16:30pm (longer working hours may be required according to work-load).
A tertiary qualification would be desirable, preferably in management, property, procurement or organisational theory as well as a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience.
Applicants must provide a Statement of Claims addressing the selection criteria below.
Statements should detail suitability to perform the duties of the position including personal qualities, experience, skills and knowledge relative to the selection criteria.
1. A demonstrated ability to lead teams;
2. A high level of ability to analyse complex issues and work independently, make recommendations and / or decisions, to work under pressure, manage workloads, balance competing priorities and meet deadlines.
3. High level organisational and management skills;
4. High level interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with an emphasis on liaison, communication, negotiation and stakeholder engagement;
5. Fluency in written and spoken English and Dari with proven experience in delivering high quality written reports in both languages.
6. A demonstrated ability to use a range of information technology software packages including the complete suite of Microsoft Office.
7. A commitment to and demonstrated capacity to implement the principles and practices of Workplace Diversity, Workplace, Health and Safety (WH&S) and Employee Performance policies.
8. A broad knowledge of the Afghan property market and practices would be an advantage.
Interested Afghan candidates with the required qualifications and experience should submit their Statement of Claims and their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All CVs should include the following information:
1. Name and contact details
2. Date of birth
3. Language skills
4. General skills
5. Relevant qualifications
6. Details of relevant work experience
7. Name, address, company name, phone number and email address of three referees
CVs will not be accepted or considered after the closing date.
You must be logged in to see the submission Email (if any).
|More jobs in this category|
|Admin & HR Manager at Afghanistan Institute of Banking and Finance||Kabul||20 Apr 2015|
|Admin to Executive Director at Afghanistan Institute of Banking and Finan..||Kabul||20 Apr 2015|
|Internship at CARE International in Afghanistan||Kabul||07 Apr 2015|
|Cooks at Arrow General Supplies Company||Kabul||20 Apr 2015|
|Business Development Specialist at GEO-CHEM Middle East - Afghanistan||Kabul||10 Apr 2015|
|System Administrator at Wise Global Group||Multi Cities||31 Mar 2015|