Date Posted: Oct 07, 2012
Project Manager position with Onyx Construction Company (916 Views)
About Onyx Construction CompanyOnyx Construction Company
Builders & Developers
Onyx Construction Company is at the forefront of the construction industry in Afghanistan.
Currently, it has seven premiere development projects in Kabul: Bakhtawar Palace in Qasabi Street, Shar-e-Naw; Azizi Center in Char rahi Malik Asghar Square; Azizi Millie Palace in Dehmazang Square; Azizi Star in Kolola Poshtha; Azizi Plaza in Macroyan and Azizi Tower in Char-Rahi Ansari, Shar e Naw. Zanbaq Project (Onyx Office); Charahi-e-Zanbaq.
Onyx Construction Company boasts of a synergy between local and foreign architects and engineers. The expats provide the Afghans with the transfer of technology, knowledge and experience and the local builders implement the global standards in the construction industry.
Brick by brick, Onyx Construction Company is actively helping in the growth of Afghan economy and reshaping of the country’s landscape. Brick by brick, it is paving the way for the development of Afghanistan as a modern state in the years to come.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesSummary of Key Functions:
• Make sure each and every particular doings is performed as per drawings and technical terms.
• Report any inconsistency among the drawing and Scope of work to the site office.
• Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
• Strictly follow the work progress and make sure the schedule is properly followed, otherwise to have the ability to recovery and compensate incase of any unforeseen incidence.
• Ability to identity technical problems and their solution.
• Should have mutual understandings, so that he could provide more details and explanations on project goals.
• Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
• Supervises assistant managers, reviews their reports, checks on any reported difficulties, and corrects any safety violations or other reported deficiencies.
• Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
• Analyze means and methods of construction to increase productivity.
• Provide weekly updates to the main office, as required.
• Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
Qualification• Civil Engineer.
• Experience in project management.•
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Project Manager.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Well verse with construction requirements.
• Computer literate.
• Excellent English communication skill. (oral & written)
• Ability to deal with matters of strict confidentiality.
• Good organizational skills; ability to manage and prioritize tasks.
Submission GuidelineThe application comprises a one-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the post of Project Manager. For more detailed information about ONYX CONSTRUCTION COMPANY please visit our website: www.onyx.af
Please note that incomplete applications & applications received after the closing date (17/10/2012) will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for a written test and an interview.
Interested Afghans with the required qualifications and experience should fill in the application form online. And submit their applications electronically through our E-mail address: email@example.com
Onyx Construction Company (OCC)
Between Charahi-e-Haji Yaqoob & Charahi-e-Shahid apposite of Etisalat building Shahri Naw, Kabul, Afghanistan.
Mobile: +93 (0) 780187037