Date Posted: Jan 09, 2013
CME Program Technical Officer position with Ministry of Public Health (911 Views)
About Ministry of Public Health-Under the leadership of the Gazanafar Institute of Health Sciences of MoPH in Afghanistan, there has been effort to establish and maintain high standards of educational quality in midwifery programs. for further improving this initiative, the Ministry of Finance (MoF), the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) and USAID signed an Implementation Letter #18 (Financial agreement), serves to amend the scope of PCH program to include a new component, involving MoPH contract for midwifery education services and related technical assistance.
Increasing the number of skilled health provider, particularly female providers are a key health intervention to reduce Afghanistan high levels of maternal and new born mortality. To increase the number of skilled female health providers working within public health sector, the MoPH developed a comprehensive approach for strengthening the midwifery education, including using competency based curriculum and establishing midwifery and nursing accreditation system for midwifery schools national wide.
In addition to the contracts for midwifery education, this new component of the PCH program also includes complementary MoPH contracts to procure technical assistance and support the midwifery education programs. Through the PCH project this technical assistance will include among other things, regular supportive supervision visits and refresher training to on-site to clinical instructors and school faculty to ensure high quality and standardized training program.
Job SummarySummary Scope of Work:
The Technical Officers will provide Technical Assistant (TA) to Community Midwifery Education (CME) USAID funded grantees, site visits and application of the educational standards, Support for refresher training of faculty and clinical instructors, Facilitate workshops, face to face meetings and roundtable meetings, review of quarterly technical reports and timely feedback, Provide technical support and coordinate with GIHS the development of new or amended training materials, Remain fully aware of all activities, initiatives and guidelines of the MoPH related to the midwifery and safe motherhood. She is also responsible for preparation of timely action plan and progress report to the GCMU/PCH CME unit.
Duties and Responsibilities1. Support and provide technical assistance to GCMU/PCH Community Midwifery Education (CME) grantees which consist of site visits and application of the educational standards based methodology for ensuring performance and quality improvements in midwifery education.
2. Support for refresher training of school and clinical instructors in the field of maternal and newborn health.
3. Facilitate GCMU/PCH/CME unit relevant workshops, face to face meetings and roundtable meetings with grantees.
4. Conduct regular monitoring mission and supportive supervisions to the provinces, based on annual monitoring/ supervision plan
5. Develop and implement a plan to build the capacity of new school and clinical instructors and support the development of learning labs and systems to coordinate theoretical and clinical learning.
6. Provide technical support to GIHS in developing of new and or further development of the existence training materials.
7. In collaboration with CME Technical Consultant; analyze PCH/CME grantees technical quarterly reports and provide feedback accordingly.
8. Coordinate PCH community midwifery education program activities with AMNEAB (Afghanistan Midwifery and Nursing Education Accreditation Board) as required.
9. Remain fully aware of all activities, initiatives and guidelines of the MoPH; related to the midwifery and safe motherhood.
10. Prepare GCMU/PCH midwifery unit’s action plan and prepare monthly reports of the midwifery projects activities and share major findings with GCMU/PCH as well as with GIHS
11. Any other official task assigned by the GCMU/PCH.
Qualification• Afghan national
• Midwife, graduated from recognized health institutions is required and successful completion of a basic EmONC training is preferred.
• At least Two (2) years technical (clinical) experience in midwifery care
• At least Two (2) years managerial experience in midwifery education field with national/international NGOs and or public health institutions in Afghanistan.
• Proficiency in conducting competency-based clinical training and willingness to rapidly increase skills.
• Ability to conduct monitoring visit to the provinces.
• Ability to work in government set-up, as well as ability to work collaboratively with colleagues as a team in challenging environment.
• Speak and write coherently both Dari and Pashto
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Good knowledge of English
• Good Computer skills, including competence in Microsoft office processing and internet/e-mail.
Submission Guideline(I) Electronic applications will be sent to: e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: e-mail (email@example.com)
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Department, Second floor, Data Base Office at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Ab. Wasay Alokozai, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)- 786-175876
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Ab. Wasay Alokozai) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
• Candidate who applies for the same position in last six months and was unsuccessful (Obtained less than 60% marks), will not be short listed.
• Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.