National Project Officer(559 Views)
About UNODC Afghanistan
Under the overall guidance of relevant UNODC/TPB Programme Officer in Vienna and direct supervision of the Representative of the Country Office of UNODC in Afghanistan, the National Project Officer will perform a variety of project activities including planning and implementation of technical assistance activities as well as relevant reporting and administrative functions.
|Date Posted:||09 Jan 2013||Reference:||2013-01-CJ001|
|Closing Date:||23 Feb 2013||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist with planning and implementing the technical assistance activities under the “Global Project: Strengthening the Legal Regime Against Terrorism” in line with the current Joint Plans of Action in Afghanistan;
• Prepare drafts of reports on substantive progress and results achieved in the course of implementation of technical assistance activities on counter-terrorism by UNODC/TPB for Afghanistan;
• Ensure synergies of UNODC/TPB activities with the relevant programmes and projects of UNODC in the area of criminal justice reform implemented in Afghanistan;
• Keep abreast of social, economic and political developments in Afghanistan and the region, particularly, on issues related to criminal justice responses to terrorism and organized crime. Consider these developments, including relevant cultural and political sensitivities, in the planning and implementation of activities, and regularly brief UNODC/TPB’s relevant officers on these matters;
• Collect, review and analyze data from different in-house/UNODC and external official sources, including Government and the UN, in order to contribute to the preparation of relevant briefing notes and reports;
• Liaise with Government officials, representatives from the United Nations entities and multilateral and bilateral agencies to ensure coordination and collaboration in the designing and implementation of technical assistance activities pertaining to terrorism in Afghanistan;
• Assist in the identification of technical assistance needs and effective strategies in preventing and combating terrorism in Afghanistan as well as partnership and funding initiatives;
• Draft relevant routine day-to-day correspondence to the UNODC Headquarters and other United Nations entities, as well as, in appropriate cases, to the Government authorities;
• Support all action related to maintaining the flow of information, project and programme related matters between the UNODC/TPB and the UNODC Country Office in Afghanistan;
• Perform other duties, as required.
Professionalism: knowledge and understanding of concepts and approaches relevant to project management with particular relation to UNODC Country Office for Afghanistan mandate and programmes. Good research, analytical and problem-solving skills, including ability to identify and participate in the resolution of issues/problems; ability to apply good judgment in the context of assignments given. Takes responsibility for incorporating project objectives, ensuring the participation of project team members/supervisors and other support structures in all areas of work; fully proficient computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, database applications, internet, etc; ability to analyze project requirements and assist in drafting memos and reports in support of existing projects or for developing new ones.
Planning and Organizing: proven ability to establish priorities and to plan, organize, coordinate and monitor own work plan and provide advice and guidance to others;
Creativity: Ability to actively seek to improve programmes/services, offer new and different options to solve problems/meet client needs.
Teamwork: Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
o Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
At least two years (with Master’s) of professional experience in public/business administration, international relations or relevant field. In case of a Bachelor’s degree, a minimum four years of professional experience would be required.
• Hands-on experience in designing, planning, implementing, managing, monitoring and evaluating technical assistance activities, particularly training activities;
• Proven report-writing abilities; experience in implementing programming and planning documents;
• Experience in initiating and supporting liaison with multiple stakeholders;
• Familiarity with the relevant national and regional developments;
The application comprises of:
• 1 cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the post
• 1 CV (with 3 work referees) and P11.
Interested Afghan nationals may submit their application for the post along with CV and/or UN Personal History form (P11) in electronic format (with clear subject and indicating the VA number) to email@example.com or by hard copy in a sealed envelope marked confidential to the UNODC country office for Afghanistan at the following address:
House No. 876, Street No. 149, District 4, Zone 1, Kolola Pushta Kabul, Afghanistan
You must be logged in to see the submission Email (if any).
|More jobs in this category|
|Public Policy Advisor at DAI||Kabul||16 Feb 2016|
|Livelihood Specialist at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Development Se..||Herat||22 Feb 2016|
|Business Development Director at Afghanistan Holding Group||Kabul||17 Feb 2016|
|Senior MBA Coordinator/Graduate Tutor at American University of Afghanist..||Kabul||16 Feb 2016|
|Regional Director-Kabul at DAI||Kabul||18 Feb 2016|
|Regional Director-Kandahar at DAI||Kandahar||18 Feb 2016|
|Afghanistan Customs Department Intern at Chemonics International ATAR pro..||Kabul||14 Feb 2016|
|نمونه گیر - فراه میل 78 (Sampl.. at GEO-CHEM Middle East -..||Farah||25 Feb 2016|
|Women’s Protection Centers Component Progr.. at IDLO-SAJA||Kabul||15 Feb 2016|