Database Developer(1637 Views)
About Ministry of Education (MoE)
To support the Procurement Directorate of MoE in establishing Procurement Management Information System (PMIS), and other technical and IT related frameworks for the smooth and efficient flow of information and processes.
|Date Posted:||20 Jan 2013||Reference:||MOE/World Bank/Procurement 020|
|Closing Date:||10 Feb 2013||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Month(s)|
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Procurement Manager (PM):
The Database Developer (DD) will be responsible for establishing PMIS and Databases within the Procurement Directorate of MoE. The incumbent will also be responsible to train the current staff of PD involved in data management and will be performing following tasks at a minimum:
• Design , develop and implement PMIS, database applications and database interface functions (data entry forms and different reports) by using widely applicable and efficient technology;
• Integrate PMIS databases into the MoE PMIS website;
• Develop website user interface (forms) to modify and update the data in the System;
• Optimize database systems for performance efficiency;
• Develop security procedures to protect databases from unauthorized usage;
• Troubleshoot database related issues in a timely fashion;
• Perform data back-up and archival on regular basis;
• Ensure data quality and integrity in databases;
• Create complex functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development;
• Assist in software documentation and preparation of user manuals;
• Perform from time-to-time any other related task as assigned by the supervisor;
• Practical experience in computer application development
• Practical knowledge of database design and database development
• Excellent in computer skills including, Excel, Word, Microsoft Office or equivalent packages.
• Be proactive, a self starter and ability to work without supervision
• Working knowledge of RDBMS, SQL Server and MS ACCESS.
• Maintains confidentiality of data and respects data dissemination policies
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences or Information Technology from recognized national or international university.
Minimum 3 years experience in Software Development, Database Development, Website Development and programming, in a public sector or multinational organization or in a donor agency.
Interested Afghan candidates should submit their updated resumes to:
Deh Afghanan, Ministry of Education, HRMU, 4th floor first Corridor first office, Kabul, Afghanistan
No later than Feb 10th , 2013 candidates who have access to the Internet can send their
You are requested to send your letter of interest along with the updated resume. Please mention post title and vacancy number in the subject line of your email. THOSE WHO DO NOT FULFILL THE APPLYING REQUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR SHORTLIST. Only short listed candidates will be contacted with, and called for the interview. The interview dates, time and place will be determined and communicated with the short listed candidates sooner after the deadline of vacancy announcement.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply:
You must be logged in to see the submission Email (if any).
|More jobs in this category|
|Graphic Designer at Zarin Printing and Advertising Co.||Kabul||10 Mar 2015|
|ICT Assistant at DACAAR||Kabul||08 Mar 2015|
|Python Developer at MiDS Consulting||Kabul||28 Mar 2015|
|AfgREN Network Manager (NOC Manager) at Educational Support Organization||Kabul||01 Mar 2015|
|Database Developer at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||02 Mar 2015|
|ICT Change Management Officer at VEGA/CBCMP-II||Kapisa||06 Mar 2015|
|IT Specialist at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||10 Mar 2015|
|Web Master/ PHP-Wordpress Developer at Afghanistan Holding Group||Kabul||06 Mar 2015|
|IT Admin and BO assistant at DK - German Medical Diagnostic Center Ltd.||Kabul||22 Mar 2015|
|IT Network Engineer at Wasel Telecom||Multi Cities||08 Mar 2015|
|Web Designer and Developer at Edgescope Consulting||Kabul||04 Mar 2015|
|System/Network Administrator at MAKS Consulting Services||Herat||05 Mar 2015|
|Junior DB2 DBA at MAKS Consulting Services||Herat||05 Mar 2015|
|Manager IT/Engineering at RANA Technologies||Kabul||31 Mar 2015|
|NOC Assistant at RANA Technologies||Kabul||02 Mar 2015|