Senior On-Farm Water Management Specialist(1271 Views)
|Date Posted:||25 Feb 2013||Reference:||IWMP-AID-0016|
|Closing Date:||18 Mar 2013||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Evaluation of existing on-farm water management and the development of revised on-farm water management practices
• Preparation and implementation of training programs, monitoring of improved practices and provide adjustments.
• Work with MAIL/DAIL and private sector partners in planning, implementing and evaluating agriculture and on-farm water resources management programs.
• Work with dry land water management and quality control systems and design.
• Work with water management technical leader for projects and other projects in project zone.
• Establish and maintain strong working relationships with partners, farmer communities and farm-water organizations (mirhabs, WUA, etc);
• Prepare training material, technical and progress reports.
MS Office applications
• Four years or more of experience in a similar position.
• Bachelor’s or MA degree required. (Agronomy (water-crops), Agricultural engineering, Hydraulics)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. in Excel and other MS office applications
• Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, Pashto and Dari
• Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.
• Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team to undertake tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for male and female colleagues.
Candidates should submit CV, cover letter and Bio-data form to email@example.com. In the subject line of the e-mail, please put (Ref. Number) and Position Title that you are applying for, otherwise your application will not be considered. For example, (IWMP-AID-0016) Senior On-Farm Water Management Specialist.
Bio-data form can be downloaded from: http://www.jobs.af/jobsMediaFiles/1326105539.doc
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. No telephone inquires please.
You must be logged in to see the submission Email (if any).
|More jobs in this category|
|Driver at OFWMP / MAIL||Kabul||08 Jun 2017|
|Agricultural Economist at SGRP ( Ministry of Agriculture )||Kabul||10 Jun 2017|
|Cashier ( Re-announced ) at OFWMP / MAIL||Kabul||04 Jun 2017|
|Deputy Project Director at SGRP ( Ministry of Agriculture )||Kabul||10 Jun 2017|
|MIS Developer at OFWMP / MAIL||Kabul||20 Jun 2017|
|Dairy Officer at CARD-F||Herat||02 Jun 2017|
|Young Professional Consultant at SNaPP2-MAIL||Multi Cities||06 Jun 2017|
|Poultry Officer at CARD-F||Kabul||02 Jun 2017|
|Saffron Development National Committee Assist.. at Ministry of Agricultur..||Kabul||06 Jun 2017|
|Project Manager at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||30 May 2017|
|Agronomist at FINCA Afghanistan||Multi Cities||30 May 2017|
|Data Entry Clerk at OFWMP / MAIL||Kabul||02 Jun 2017|
|Field Technical Extension Worker at Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation an..||Multi Cities||04 Jun 2017|
|Senior Agriculture Expert at Chief Advisor to The President On Agricultur..||Kabul||05 Jun 2017|
|Admin/Finance Officer at OFWMP / MAIL||Baghlan||05 Jun 2017|
|Dairy Project Manager at Agroindust Inc.||Balkh||30 May 2017|
|Agribusiness Management Instructor/Lecturer at Ministry of Higher Educati..||Multi Cities||03 Jun 2017|