Senior On-Farm Water Management Specialist(863 Views)
The IWMP project is a five-year program to provide capacity-building services to the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA), and involves providing technical and administrative expertise to the Afghan Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation, and Livestock (MAIL). The goal of IWMP is to expand and strengthen Afghan government and community-level capacity to better manage water resources to improve agricultural production and productivity. IWMP is an equal opportunity employer.
|Data Posted:||25 Feb 2013||Reference:||IWMP-AID-0016|
|Job Location:||Afghanistan||Work type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Contract Duration:|
|Funcational Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Industry:||Salary range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract type:||Permanent||Closing Date:||18 Mar 2013|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Evaluation of existing on-farm water management and the development of revised on-farm water management practices
• Preparation and implementation of training programs, monitoring of improved practices and provide adjustments.
• Work with MAIL/DAIL and private sector partners in planning, implementing and evaluating agriculture and on-farm water resources management programs.
• Work with dry land water management and quality control systems and design.
• Work with water management technical leader for projects and other projects in project zone.
• Establish and maintain strong working relationships with partners, farmer communities and farm-water organizations (mirhabs, WUA, etc);
• Prepare training material, technical and progress reports.
• Four years or more of experience in a similar position.
• Bachelor’s or MA degree required. (Agronomy (water-crops), Agricultural engineering, Hydraulics)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. in Excel and other MS office applications
• Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, Pashto and Dari
• Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.
• Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team to undertake tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for male and female colleagues.
Years of Experience:
Candidates should submit CV, cover letter and Bio-data form to email@example.com. In the subject line of the e-mail, please put (Ref. Number) and Position Title that you are applying for, otherwise your application will not be considered. For example, (IWMP-AID-0016) Senior On-Farm Water Management Specialist.
Bio-data form can be downloaded from: http://www.jobs.af/jobsMediaFiles/1326105539.doc
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. No telephone inquires please.
You must be logged in to see the submission Email (if any).