Senior On-Farm Water Management Specialist(872 Views)
|Date Posted:||25 Feb 2013||Reference:||IWMP-AID-0016|
|Job Location:||(Afghanistan)||Work type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Male|
|Funcational Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Industry:||Salary range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract type:||Permanent||Closing Date:||18 Mar 2013|
|Contract Duration:||Extension possiblity:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Evaluation of existing on-farm water management and the development of revised on-farm water management practices
• Preparation and implementation of training programs, monitoring of improved practices and provide adjustments.
• Work with MAIL/DAIL and private sector partners in planning, implementing and evaluating agriculture and on-farm water resources management programs.
• Work with dry land water management and quality control systems and design.
• Work with water management technical leader for projects and other projects in project zone.
• Establish and maintain strong working relationships with partners, farmer communities and farm-water organizations (mirhabs, WUA, etc);
• Prepare training material, technical and progress reports.
MS Office applications
• Four years or more of experience in a similar position.
• Bachelor’s or MA degree required. (Agronomy (water-crops), Agricultural engineering, Hydraulics)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. in Excel and other MS office applications
• Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, Pashto and Dari
• Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.
• Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team to undertake tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for male and female colleagues.
Years of Experience:
Candidates should submit CV, cover letter and Bio-data form to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of the e-mail, please put (Ref. Number) and Position Title that you are applying for, otherwise your application will not be considered. For example, (IWMP-AID-0016) Senior On-Farm Water Management Specialist.
Bio-data form can be downloaded from: http://www.jobs.af/jobsMediaFiles/1326105539.doc
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. No telephone inquires please.
You must be logged in to see the submission Email (if any).
|More jobs in this category|
|Female Data /Admin Officer at NEI (Nutrition and Education International)||Kabul||30 Oct 2014|
|Project Manager - Cotton Value Chain at CARD-F||Balkh||31 Oct 2014|
|Provincial Extension & Change Management Spec.. at VEGA/CBCMP-II||Kabul||28 Oct 2014|
|Change management Specialist (NRM) at VEGA/CBCMP-II||Multi Cities||28 Oct 2014|
|Regional Manager, Natural Resources Manager (.. at Aga Khan Foundation||Multi Cities||30 Oct 2014|