Senior On-Farm Water Management Specialist(959 Views)
|Date Posted:||25 Feb 2013||Reference:||IWMP-AID-0016|
|Closing Date:||18 Mar 2013||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Evaluation of existing on-farm water management and the development of revised on-farm water management practices
• Preparation and implementation of training programs, monitoring of improved practices and provide adjustments.
• Work with MAIL/DAIL and private sector partners in planning, implementing and evaluating agriculture and on-farm water resources management programs.
• Work with dry land water management and quality control systems and design.
• Work with water management technical leader for projects and other projects in project zone.
• Establish and maintain strong working relationships with partners, farmer communities and farm-water organizations (mirhabs, WUA, etc);
• Prepare training material, technical and progress reports.
MS Office applications
• Four years or more of experience in a similar position.
• Bachelor’s or MA degree required. (Agronomy (water-crops), Agricultural engineering, Hydraulics)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. in Excel and other MS office applications
• Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, Pashto and Dari
• Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.
• Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team to undertake tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for male and female colleagues.
Candidates should submit CV, cover letter and Bio-data form to email@example.com. In the subject line of the e-mail, please put (Ref. Number) and Position Title that you are applying for, otherwise your application will not be considered. For example, (IWMP-AID-0016) Senior On-Farm Water Management Specialist.
Bio-data form can be downloaded from: http://www.jobs.af/jobsMediaFiles/1326105539.doc
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. No telephone inquires please.
You must be logged in to see the submission Email (if any).
|More jobs in this category|
|Saffron Trainer at Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and livestock (MAIL..||Kabul||10 Aug 2015|
|Monitoring and Verification Officer at CARD-F||Kabul||15 Aug 2015|
|National IPM Coordination Officer at Food and Agriculture Organization of..||Balkh||20 Aug 2015|
|National Senior Plant Protection Officer at Food and Agriculture Organiza..||Kabul||20 Aug 2015|
|National IPM Coordination Officer at Food and Agriculture Organization of..||Kabul||20 Aug 2015|
|National Project Manager at Food and Agriculture Organization of the Unit..||Kabul||20 Aug 2015|
|Research & DDA Liaison Associate at Good Performers Initiative (GPI)||Multi Cities||07 Aug 2015|
|Project Implementation Coordinator at CARD-F||Kabul||09 Aug 2015|
|Extension Agent (Poultry and Greenhouse) at CARD-F||Kandahar||10 Aug 2015|
|Agriculture Education Officer at People in Need||Kabul||06 Aug 2015|
|Extension Agent (Poultry and Horticulture) at CARD-F||Kabul||05 Aug 2015|
|Poultry Officer at CARD-F||Helmand||05 Aug 2015|