Date Posted: Feb 25, 2013
Senior On-Farm Water Management Specialist position with AECOM/IWMP (763 Views)
About AECOM/IWMPAECOM is a global provider of professional technical and management support services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and government. With approximately 45,000 employees around the world, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation, and technical excellence in delivering solutions that create, enhance and sustain the world's built, natural, and social environments. A Fortune 500 company, AECOM serves clients in more than 100 countries. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com
The IWMP project is a five-year USAID-funded program to provide capacity-building services to the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA), and involves providing technical and administrative expertise to the Afghan Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation, and Livestock. The goal of IWMP is to expand and strengthen Afghan government and community-level capacity to better manage water resources to improve agricultural production and productivity.
PMSI assembled a team of firms that are experts in this area. AECOM International Development of Arlington, VA will provide expertise in capacity-building and institutional strengthening in the agricultural, irrigation, and livestock management sectors, coupled with civil engineering support. International City/County Management Association of Washington, DC, International Executive Service Corps of Washington, DC, and Banyan Global of Washington, DC will provide critical input to governance, capacity-building, and diversity. PMSI will provide overall program operations and financial management. Each team member will supply staff in-country to work directly with the Afghan Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation, and Livestock and will provide training and guidance for the eventual transition to Afghan professionals.
Duties and Responsibilities• Evaluation of existing on-farm water management and the development of revised on-farm water management practices
• Preparation and implementation of training programs, monitoring of improved practices and provide adjustments.
• Work with MAIL/DAIL and private sector partners in planning, implementing and evaluating agriculture and on-farm water resources management programs.
• Work with dry land water management and quality control systems and design.
• Work with water management technical leader for projects and other projects in project zone.
• Establish and maintain strong working relationships with partners, farmer communities and farm-water organizations (mirhabs, WUA, etc);
• Prepare training material, technical and progress reports.
Qualification• Four years or more of experience in a similar position.
• Bachelor’s or MA degree required. (Agronomy (water-crops), Agricultural engineering, Hydraulics)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. in Excel and other MS office applications
• Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, Pashto and Dari
• Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.
• Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team to undertake tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for male and female colleagues.
SkillsMS Office applications
Language(s) requiredEnglish, Pashto, Dari
Submission GuidelineCandidates should submit CV, cover letter and Bio-data form to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of the e-mail, please put (Ref. Number) and Position Title that you are applying for, otherwise your application will not be considered. For example, (IWMP-AID-0016) Senior On-Farm Water Management Specialist.
Bio-data form can be downloaded from: http://www.jobs.af/jobsMediaFiles/1326105539.doc
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. No telephone inquires please.