Date Posted: Mar 05, 2013
Interpreter position with Royal Norwegian Embassy (3493 Views)
About Royal Norwegian EmbassyDiplomatic Mission
Job SummaryThe Royal Norwegian Embassy in Kabul seeks a well-qualified person to fill a temporary position as interpreter.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe interpreter will be requested to
• Provide interpretation in meetings with embassy staff
• Take notes from meetings if required
• Interpret phone calls
• On occasion travel with embassy staff
• On occasion translate documents, help organise meetings and do other tasks
The successful applicant must possess the following skills and knowledge:
• Excellent understanding of English, both written and spoken
• Fluency in both Dari and Pashto
• Documented experience as interpreter
• Knowledge of different interpreting techniques
• Knowledge of the code of ethics for interpreters
• Good understanding of political terminology
The successful applicant should also process the following personal skills:
• Ability to analyse information quickly
• Ability to concentrate for a long period of time
• Make their clients feel comfortable
• Ability to cope with a wide variety of subjects and situations
• Ability to keep information private
Language(s) requiredEnglish, Dari and Pushtu
Submission GuidelineThe successful applicant must have prior experience from similar work, preferably within Embassies, UN or international NGOs involved in political work. Understanding of Norwegian language is an advantage.
The Royal Norwegian Embassy will offer a competitive salary. The successful applicant will be offered a contract spanning until 31st of December 2013, with the possible option of extension.
An application letter, with an updated CV, and minimum two references, may be sent by e-mail to email@example.com no later than the 30th of March 2013.
For further information, please contact by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org