Provincial Coordinator(1658 Views)
About UNODC Afghanistan
|Date Posted:||17 Mar 2013||Reference:||2013-008-CN03|
|Closing Date:||31 Mar 2013||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||8 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the overall management of the Herat provincial office and representation of UNODC in the Western Region of Afghanistan (Herat, Ghor, Farah and Badghis).
• Develop, maintain and strengthen the programmes’ contacts with Government Counterparts, NGOs, and UN agencies working in the region.
• Provide technical support to provincial directorates of the Government for drug control matters.
• Liaise between UNODC and provincial directorates of the Government and keep them informed on developments related to drug control and UNODC activities in the region.
• Coordinate UNODC programme activities with Government Counterparts, UN agencies, aid organizations and NGOs in the Western Region.
• Attend UN and NGOs regional coordination meetings and report the main outcome of the meetings to the Kabul office.
• Ensure coordination among UNODC on-going projects’ activities in the region (drug control capacity building, law enforcement, demand reduction, alternative livelihood, research and poppy survey).
• Ensure adequate support and monitoring of all UNODC funded on-going programmes/activities at provincial and region level.
• Develop required proposals, concept paper and progress reports for the Alternative Livelihoods (AL) and Capacity Building (CB) related projects.
• Manage the UNODC provincial office in the Western Region (staffing, logistics and operational and financial issues).
• Provide support to UNODC missions to the region and facilitate/arrange meetings with the Government authorities.
• Establish, where applicable, and attend Technical Working Group (TWGs) of AL, CJ, LE and DDR at provincial and regional level and report the main points to UNODC Kabul Office.
• Prepare monthly reports and other reports, as required, on relevant political developments and drug control issues for submission to the UNODC Kabul office.
• Support the implementation of the Afghanistan National Alternative Livelihoods Policy
• Strengthen Coordination between various government and non-government agencies in the Alternative Livelihoods field.
• Identify areas and innovative approaches that may be utilized and employed by UNODC and MCN for Alternative Livelihoods programming.
• Assist in the development of a CN monitoring mechanism both for projects directly supported by MCN and more broadly through CN mainstreaming within the National Priority Programmes (NPPs)
• Provide mentoring and capacity building assistance to other members of the Alternative Livelihoods directorate in MCN.
• Represent UNODC in National and International workshops
• Performance of any other duties as assigned by the UNODC NPC or the CN Programme.
Professionalism: Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to particular sectors, functional area or other specialized fields, etc: practical experience in programme/project management and administration. Good research, analytical and problem-solving skills, including ability to identify and participate in the resolution of issues/problems.
Leadership: Ability to generate and communicate organizational direction;
demonstrate innovative thinking and leadership by advising management on UNODC’s contribution for counter narcotics specific objectives.
Managing performance: ability to plan own work, manage conflicting priorities and to use time efficiently; ability to organize and implement activities and outputs; ability to monitor progress against milestones and deadlines.
Creativity: ability to generate new and different options to solve problems or meet client’s needs; ability to think ‘outside the box’, to promote and persuade others to consider new ideas.
Good Computer literacy at working level is required.
Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Law, International Relation or in a related field is required. a Bachelor’s degree in related disciplines with minimum 8 years of professional experience would also compensate.
Work experience: At least 6 years of professional experience (With Master’s) in progressive positions with UN agencies NGOs and Government organizations in programme and office management coordination and technical backstopping is required. In case of a Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of 8 years of professional experience would also compensate, including preferably experience with UN or other national or international organizations.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION:
The application comprises of:
• 1 cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the post
• 1 CV (with 3 work referees) and P11.
Interested Afghan nationals may submit their application for the post along with CV and/or UN Personal History form (P11) in electronic format (with clear subject and indicating the VA number) to email@example.com or by hard copy in a sealed envelope marked confidential to the UNODC country office for Afghanistan at the following addresses:
House No. 876, Street No. 149, District 4, Zone 1, Kolola Pushta Kabul, Afghanistan
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview
You must be logged in to see the submission Email (if any).
|More jobs in this category|
|Programme Manager at Department for International Development Afghanistan||Kabul||07 Dec 2017|
|Program Director (Research & Partnership) at Afghanistan Institute for Ci..||Kabul||04 Dec 2017|
|Policy Advisor to MoMP/Policy and Programs De.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||24 Nov 2017|
|Gender Officer at Internews – Afghanistan||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|