EMIS Officer(3263 Views)
About Ministry of Education (MoE)
Responsible for monitoring of the implementation of the national education strategic plan, Supporting the provincial education directorate in preparation of provincial and district annual operational plans, Responsible for the development of data collection and data collection mechanism, database management, data processing and analysis at the provincial, district and school level, the incumbent is responsible for the reporting of the activities of the provincial education directorate on monthly, quarterly, six months and annual basis. He/she will also be responsible for updating the EMIS central consolidated database on the set schedule for the respective province.
Education Management Information System (EMIS) as an integrated information system encompassing student, teacher, infrastructure, curriculum development and distribution, administrative data, and other education related data management components based on national and international standards to automate Ministry of Education day to day operation in the long run. And grant provision of timely and accurate information for sectoral and cross sectoral analysis, planning and decision making purposes as an immediate objective. Furthermore EMIS will function as the main data bank of the Education Ministry. It involves analysis, design, development and implementation of information systems distributed by location using data standards to ensure data sharing and integration. MoE has conducted a survey of all educational facilities that forms the baseline for education data and has developed a database to hold the survey data, which is the first building block for the development of the EMIS. The EMIS needs to be further developed, enhanced and decentralized in order to fulfill the intermediate and long term data needs of the ministry.
Ministry of education needs competent and qualified staff to develop additional EMIS components and enhance current EMIS modules at the central and provincial levels.
|Date Posted:||18 Mar 2013||Reference:||MoE/DANIDA/Plan-EMIS/00022|
|Closing Date:||01 Apr 2013||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Liaising with strategic planning directorate in the center
• Support provincial education directorate in development of provincial strategic plan,
• Support provincial education directorate in preparation of provincial and district annual operational plans
2- Monitoring and Reporting
Liaising with EMIS directorate in the center
• Establish, update and maintain EMIS in the provincial education directorate
• Ensure the EMIS system is accessible to department staff
• Monitor and track the provincial and district operational plan implementation
• Organizing, coordinate, monitoring and manage the data collection process and entry into the EMIS
• Prepare consolidated program progress and monitoring reports (monthly, quarterly, annual), closely working with provincial program managers and district education managers.
• Conduct verification missions, data quality check and ensure accuracy of the reports submitted to central ministry
• Facilitate coordination meetings among program managers for information sharing and trouble shooting
4- Capacity Building
• Conduct training need assessment, identify staff training needs in planning, monitoring and reporting, and develop staff capacity building plan
• Conduct training sessions for capacity building of provincial and district level staff in planning, monitoring and reporting
5- Other tasks
• Perform other specific tasks related to planning, monitoring and reporting as deemed necessary by the ministry.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Bachelors in computer science/statistics/economic and/or two years working experience with EMIS department.
• At least 3 years work experience in using of database administration and management.
• At least 3 years work experience at information management.
• Previous work experience with the governmental institution is preference for this post.
• Having experience in communication.
• Presentation skills.
• Strong skill in writing and comprehension.
• Willing to work in all the provinces is a preference
• Locals of the provinces will be preferred
Interested Afghan candidates are requested to send their CVs via e-mail or mail marking on envelope or in e-mail subject-\\\\\\ “ EMIS Officer-\\\\\\”, e-mail not having clear subject line will not be acceptable
HRMU, MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
Address: HRMU, First Office, 4th Floor, first Corridor, Ministry of Education, Deh Afghanan, Kabul, Afghanistan
You must be logged in to see the submission Email (if any).
|More jobs in this category|
|Software developer at Islamic Bank of Afghanistan||Kabul||28 Aug 2018|
|Software Developer at CH.A CO (Chartered Accountant Company)||Herat||30 Sep 2018|
|ICT Officer at National Democratic Institute for International Affairs||Kabul||29 Aug 2018|
|Data Assistant at MAIL/AAIP||Kabul||31 Aug 2018|
|Data Officer at MAIL/AAIP||Kabul||31 Aug 2018|
|Database Specialist at MAIL/AAIP||Kabul||31 Aug 2018|
|Trainer at NETLINKS||Kabul||31 Aug 2018|
|System Analyst at NETLINKS||Kabul||14 Sep 2018|