Defense Lawyer(925 Views)
According to Article 31 of Constitution, ILF-A defense lawyers provide free legal services to indigenous suspects and accused in criminal courts. According to the ILF-A policy defense lawyers handle and follow up cases carefully and professionally till the end of final decision of courts, the defense lawyers implement their duties in accordance to the rules of ILF-A and guidance of line supervisors, in order to appropriately defend their clients. This main job is to represent the detainees from Bagram prison. and report to ILF-A main office.
|Date Posted:||01 May 2013||Reference:||ILF-A KBL 013|
|Closing Date:||08 May 2013||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Legal||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||670 to 770 USD|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Handling 12 active cases during investigation in accordance to the regulations of ILF-A.
• Handling and follow up of the clients’ cases in police departments, prosecution offices and courts.
• Clients’ case study in police departments, prosecution offices and courts.
• Participating in judicial sessions and defense from the clients in trials.
• Participating in the prosecution investigation process regarding his/her client.
• Writing and preparing the defense statement and objection over prosecution appeal in due time.
• Attempts for the release his/her client during investigation and after the decision of court.
• Conducting Defensive investigations regarding clients’ cases.
• Observation of the crime’s scene, meeting with the victim, witness and the relatives of the victim.
• Preparing of the weekly reports.
• Reporting to the line supervisor and receiving guidance for the progress of cases.
• Receiving advice of supervisor during preparing of defense statements.
• Taking the views of line supervisor in consideration.
• Filing motion to the appeal court and Supreme Court and reconsideration of the case with the disagreement of client over the decision of primary court and appeal court.
• Continuous participation in the internal legal trainings of CLEs of the office.
• Coordination and corporation with the other defense lawyers.
• Observing all the rules and regulations of the advocacy law, AIBA manifesto and defense lawyer manual.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Candidates must have strong analytical, interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and decision-making skills
• Must be graduated from Law faculty or Sharia faculty.
• Must have the license of the AIBA.
• At least 2 years of experience in legal advocacy.
• Should be able to speak and write Pashto and Dari languages.
• Should have the comprehensive knowledge of Afghanistan’s laws and legal system.
• Have good communication skills and have the special ability of establish relations.
• In case of need ready to travel and work in all provinces of Afghanistan.
• Having knowledge of computer.
Dari and Pashto type is preferred.
• Being citizen of Afghanistan.
Duty Station is in Bagram Prison.
Applicants should submit their resume, statement of interest in the position and, as a separate document, a description of significant challenges that exist in Afghanistan to providing high-quality legal representation to indigent clients in criminal cases.
Applications should be submitted by May 07, 2013 to:
Parviz Ahmad Ghafarzay, Administrative/Human Resource Manager
Mobile: +93 700 022 374
Street 5 of Qala-e Fatullah
or by email (preferred) to email@example.com.
Please write the name of position in Subject line of your email.
For information on ILF-Afghanistan, see www.theilf.org.
ILF-Afghanistan is an equal opportunity employer.
It actively seeks to diversify its workforce.
You must be logged in to see the submission Email (if any).
|More jobs in this category|
|Legal Specialist at Directorate General Public Private Partnership (DG-PP..||Kabul||05 Mar 2017|
|Senior Associate Attorney at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||12 Mar 2017|
|Legal Advisor at TAPI Project Office||Kabul||26 Feb 2017|