National CIS Assistant (Communications)(1702 Views)
The position is located in the Communications Unit of the CIS Department. This unit supports the EUPOL Mission by procuring, installing, and maintaining equipment and systems for radio and satellite communications; telephony, video, and conference services; and specialised systems for vehicle tracking and close protection. The Communications Unit also provides training on telecommunications systems to EUPOL Mission members. As part of the contract management activities of the department, the unit manages licenses and contractors for equipment, works, and services. The unit proposes and implements telecommunication projects for the Mission in support of the CIS departmental work plan, and assists in the sourcing, acquisition, and procurement for project realisation. The Unit coordinates its work closely with other units in CIS, in particular with the Service Desk.
Under the general direction of the Chief of CIS, and under the day-to-day guidance of the CIS Officer (Communications) or his/her designate, the CIS Assistant (Communications) will:
|Date Posted:||20 May 2013||Reference:||NS-120|
|Closing Date:||20 Jun 2013||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in the installation, maintenance, and programming of telecommunications equipment, including VHF/UHF base, handheld, and mobile radios; HF base and mobile radios; mobile, portable, and fixed satellite terminals; and related antennae systems.
• Assist in the troubleshooting and repair of telecommunications equipment.
• Provide support and problem resolution assistance for all incoming telecommunications requests via e-mail, telephone, or the CIS Service Desk.
• Assist in performing administrative tasks related to the issuance of GSM cards, and support technical liaison and coordination with the GSM service provider.
• Provide technical assistance to Mission Members for telecommunication services.
• Maintain multiple databases related to telecommunications services, including equipment inventory, installation and maintenance records, and telecommunications licenses.
• Prepare service and technical reports for the CIS Officer (Communications) or the Chief of CIS on a regular basis.
• To perform any other duties related to his/her assignment.
• High school diploma with additional vocational education and training in electronics and/or telecommunications engineering, or closely related field; or a college degree with additional education, specialisation, or certified training in electronics and/or telecommunications. Good understanding of telecommunications terminology and services.
• Three years of certified relevant professional experience with telecommunications in a similar position.
• Knowledge of and practical experience with the installation and maintenance telecommunications equipment, preferably HF CODAN, UHF Motorola GM and GP with code-plug programming; satellite communications and positioning technologies (e.g. Thuraya, Iridium, GPS); and related antennae systems.
• Knowledge of and practical experience with digital PABX installation, maintenance, extensions, access-control administration (PIN codes), and automated billing solutions.
• Administrative skills in accounting and billing of telecommunications services, and inventory control.
• Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office Word/Excel).
• Good knowledge of written and spoken English and ability to use it as working language.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure, in difficult circumstances.
• Ability to work efficiently in completing assigned duties to a skilled level.
• Ability and willingness to work additional hours if required.
• Ability to lift equipment and materials; perform physical work including erecting antenna masts, climb antenna towers; and use electric power tools.
• Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
• Mandatory requirement to pass all security clearance and medical checks
Interested Afghan nationals should submit their applications at the latest 10 June 2013.
Only the short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Only official EUPOL Application forms are accepted.
EUPOL Application forms can be found by accessing the link below
Address: EUPOL AFG Mission, Macroyan 3rd Jalalabad Road Disaster Police Afghanistan.
You must be logged in to see the submission Email (if any).
|More jobs in this category|
|Poultry Technician-Badakhshan - Kandahar - Gh.. at NEI (Nutrition and Edu..||Multi Cities||07 Jun 2017|
|Security Guard at SNaPP2-MAIL||Herat||31 May 2017|
|BODYGUARD UNIT SUPERVISOR (FSN-09) at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||02 Jun 2017|
|Re-Announce Social Safeguards Officer/PMO at DABS||Kabul||23 Jun 2017|
|Program Assistant (Gender) FSN - 08 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||04 Jun 2017|
|LOCAL ASSISTANT (IMPORT/EXPORT COORDINATION) at Resolute Support||Kabul||30 May 2017|
|Gender Director, Technical at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||31 May 2017|
|کارمند بلنگ at DABS||Wardak||31 May 2017|
|Website Designer, Marketing Manager, Finance .. at Hamkar Group||Multi Cities||30 May 2017|
|Female_Receptionist, Marketing Manager, Finan.. at Hamkar Group||Kabul||30 May 2017|
|کار زده کړه/حرفوي زده کړه at USAID Promote: Women in ..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|کارآموزی/کارآموزی حرفه ی.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern/Apprentice at USAID Promote: Women in the Economy||Kabul||16 May 2018|