National CIS Assistant (Communications)(1548 Views)
The position is located in the Communications Unit of the CIS Department. This unit supports the EUPOL Mission by procuring, installing, and maintaining equipment and systems for radio and satellite communications; telephony, video, and conference services; and specialised systems for vehicle tracking and close protection. The Communications Unit also provides training on telecommunications systems to EUPOL Mission members. As part of the contract management activities of the department, the unit manages licenses and contractors for equipment, works, and services. The unit proposes and implements telecommunication projects for the Mission in support of the CIS departmental work plan, and assists in the sourcing, acquisition, and procurement for project realisation. The Unit coordinates its work closely with other units in CIS, in particular with the Service Desk.
Under the general direction of the Chief of CIS, and under the day-to-day guidance of the CIS Officer (Communications) or his/her designate, the CIS Assistant (Communications) will:
|Date Posted:||20 May 2013||Reference:||NS-120|
|Closing Date:||20 Jun 2013||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in the installation, maintenance, and programming of telecommunications equipment, including VHF/UHF base, handheld, and mobile radios; HF base and mobile radios; mobile, portable, and fixed satellite terminals; and related antennae systems.
• Assist in the troubleshooting and repair of telecommunications equipment.
• Provide support and problem resolution assistance for all incoming telecommunications requests via e-mail, telephone, or the CIS Service Desk.
• Assist in performing administrative tasks related to the issuance of GSM cards, and support technical liaison and coordination with the GSM service provider.
• Provide technical assistance to Mission Members for telecommunication services.
• Maintain multiple databases related to telecommunications services, including equipment inventory, installation and maintenance records, and telecommunications licenses.
• Prepare service and technical reports for the CIS Officer (Communications) or the Chief of CIS on a regular basis.
• To perform any other duties related to his/her assignment.
• High school diploma with additional vocational education and training in electronics and/or telecommunications engineering, or closely related field; or a college degree with additional education, specialisation, or certified training in electronics and/or telecommunications. Good understanding of telecommunications terminology and services.
• Three years of certified relevant professional experience with telecommunications in a similar position.
• Knowledge of and practical experience with the installation and maintenance telecommunications equipment, preferably HF CODAN, UHF Motorola GM and GP with code-plug programming; satellite communications and positioning technologies (e.g. Thuraya, Iridium, GPS); and related antennae systems.
• Knowledge of and practical experience with digital PABX installation, maintenance, extensions, access-control administration (PIN codes), and automated billing solutions.
• Administrative skills in accounting and billing of telecommunications services, and inventory control.
• Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office Word/Excel).
• Good knowledge of written and spoken English and ability to use it as working language.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure, in difficult circumstances.
• Ability to work efficiently in completing assigned duties to a skilled level.
• Ability and willingness to work additional hours if required.
• Ability to lift equipment and materials; perform physical work including erecting antenna masts, climb antenna towers; and use electric power tools.
• Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
• Mandatory requirement to pass all security clearance and medical checks
Interested Afghan nationals should submit their applications at the latest 10 June 2013.
Only the short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Only official EUPOL Application forms are accepted.
EUPOL Application forms can be found by accessing the link below
Address: EUPOL AFG Mission, Macroyan 3rd Jalalabad Road Disaster Police Afghanistan.
You must be logged in to see the submission Email (if any).
|More jobs in this category|
|BankingFunction at Afghanistan Commercial bank||Kabul||15 Oct 2016|
|Deputy Branch Manager at Mutahid Development Finance Institution||Herat||02 Oct 2016|
|SEHAT Program Advisor at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||08 Oct 2016|
|Telephone/Radio/Tv Technician (Fsn-07) at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||05 Oct 2016|
|NOSS Development Officer at NSDP | MOLSAMD||Kabul||07 Oct 2016|
|PROCUREMENT AGENT (FSN-07) at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||05 Oct 2016|
|ERM Communication Officer at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Kabul||04 Oct 2016|
|معاون قوماندانی قوای سرح.. at MOIA||Kabul||02 Oct 2016|
|English Instructor at Muslim English Language Programme||Multi Cities||05 Oct 2016|
|Peripheral Equipment Operator FSN-05 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||04 Oct 2016|
|میتر خوان at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Corporat..||Kandahar||28 Sep 2016|
|Education Consultant for Ministry-Wide VCA on.. at Joint Monitoring and E..||Kabul||30 Sep 2016|
|Business Development Expert Officer at Kardan Consulting||Kabul||30 Sep 2016|
|Business Development Expert specialist at Kardan Consulting||Kabul||30 Sep 2016|
|Financial Management Advisor for Kabul Provin.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||04 Oct 2016|
|: Procurement Advisor for Kabul Provincial Pu.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||04 Oct 2016|
|معاون قوماندانی تعلیمات .. at MOIA||Kabul||01 Oct 2016|
|Cleaner at Tetra Tech||Kabul||27 Sep 2016|
|Head of Technical and Coordination at DACAAR||Kabul||31 Oct 2016|
|تحلیلگر سیستم at MOIA||Kabul||01 Oct 2016|
|نجار at Shakhes Engineering Team||Kabul||30 Sep 2016|
|Deputy Chief of Party, Finance and Administra.. at Tetra Tech -Women's Le..||Kabul||03 Oct 2016|
|Chief Information Officer (CIO) at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||02 Oct 2016|
|Cinema Sales Agent at Galaxy Family Cinema||Kabul||01 Oct 2016|
|Gender Officer at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Development Services ..||Herat||30 Sep 2016|
|Provincial Manager at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Development Servi..||Multi Cities||30 Sep 2016|
|Regional Project Manager at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Development..||Herat||30 Sep 2016|
|Cost Estimator at Wise Global Group||Kabul||30 Sep 2016|
|Receptionist at Azizi Bank||Kabul||03 Oct 2016|
|Secretary to Dy. CEO at Azizi Bank||Kabul||03 Oct 2016|
|Anti-Fraud Security Investigator FSN-09 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||31 Dec 2016|