National CIS Assistant (Communications)(1593 Views)
The position is located in the Communications Unit of the CIS Department. This unit supports the EUPOL Mission by procuring, installing, and maintaining equipment and systems for radio and satellite communications; telephony, video, and conference services; and specialised systems for vehicle tracking and close protection. The Communications Unit also provides training on telecommunications systems to EUPOL Mission members. As part of the contract management activities of the department, the unit manages licenses and contractors for equipment, works, and services. The unit proposes and implements telecommunication projects for the Mission in support of the CIS departmental work plan, and assists in the sourcing, acquisition, and procurement for project realisation. The Unit coordinates its work closely with other units in CIS, in particular with the Service Desk.
Under the general direction of the Chief of CIS, and under the day-to-day guidance of the CIS Officer (Communications) or his/her designate, the CIS Assistant (Communications) will:
|Date Posted:||20 May 2013||Reference:||NS-120|
|Closing Date:||20 Jun 2013||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in the installation, maintenance, and programming of telecommunications equipment, including VHF/UHF base, handheld, and mobile radios; HF base and mobile radios; mobile, portable, and fixed satellite terminals; and related antennae systems.
• Assist in the troubleshooting and repair of telecommunications equipment.
• Provide support and problem resolution assistance for all incoming telecommunications requests via e-mail, telephone, or the CIS Service Desk.
• Assist in performing administrative tasks related to the issuance of GSM cards, and support technical liaison and coordination with the GSM service provider.
• Provide technical assistance to Mission Members for telecommunication services.
• Maintain multiple databases related to telecommunications services, including equipment inventory, installation and maintenance records, and telecommunications licenses.
• Prepare service and technical reports for the CIS Officer (Communications) or the Chief of CIS on a regular basis.
• To perform any other duties related to his/her assignment.
• High school diploma with additional vocational education and training in electronics and/or telecommunications engineering, or closely related field; or a college degree with additional education, specialisation, or certified training in electronics and/or telecommunications. Good understanding of telecommunications terminology and services.
• Three years of certified relevant professional experience with telecommunications in a similar position.
• Knowledge of and practical experience with the installation and maintenance telecommunications equipment, preferably HF CODAN, UHF Motorola GM and GP with code-plug programming; satellite communications and positioning technologies (e.g. Thuraya, Iridium, GPS); and related antennae systems.
• Knowledge of and practical experience with digital PABX installation, maintenance, extensions, access-control administration (PIN codes), and automated billing solutions.
• Administrative skills in accounting and billing of telecommunications services, and inventory control.
• Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office Word/Excel).
• Good knowledge of written and spoken English and ability to use it as working language.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure, in difficult circumstances.
• Ability to work efficiently in completing assigned duties to a skilled level.
• Ability and willingness to work additional hours if required.
• Ability to lift equipment and materials; perform physical work including erecting antenna masts, climb antenna towers; and use electric power tools.
• Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
• Mandatory requirement to pass all security clearance and medical checks
Interested Afghan nationals should submit their applications at the latest 10 June 2013.
Only the short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Only official EUPOL Application forms are accepted.
EUPOL Application forms can be found by accessing the link below
Address: EUPOL AFG Mission, Macroyan 3rd Jalalabad Road Disaster Police Afghanistan.
You must be logged in to see the submission Email (if any).
|More jobs in this category|
|Cook/ Cleaner at Laarmal Holdings Ltd||Kabul||20 Dec 2016|
|Cleaner at DABS||Kabul||13 Dec 2016|
|Cleaner at DABS||Kabul||13 Dec 2016|
|Reporter at BBC World Service||Khost||20 Dec 2016|
|Data Collection Consultant for Gender Impact .. at Tetra Tech -Women's Le..||Multi Cities||17 Dec 2016|
|Aluminum Production manager at Mohib Advance Design Construction Company||Kabul||15 Dec 2016|
|English Techer/Instructor at Muslim English Language Programme||Multi Cities||30 Dec 2016|
|Tendering Senior Advisor for PPP Unit at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||14 Dec 2016|
|Monitoring and Performance Advisor for PPP Un.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||14 Dec 2016|
|Public Private Partnership Specialist at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership D..||Kabul||13 Dec 2016|
|GIS Officer at UN-Habitat||Kabul||15 Dec 2016|
|VCA Team Leader at Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Committee(MEC)||Kabul||12 Dec 2016|
|Authors at Women and Peace Studies Organization||Kabul||10 Dec 2016|
|Reviewers at Women and Peace Studies Organization||Kabul||05 Dec 2016|
|صفاکار تخنیکی at DABS||Kabul||20 Dec 2016|
|Regional Coordinator at Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA)||Herat||13 Dec 2016|
|Regional Coordinator at Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA)||Balkh||13 Dec 2016|
|Regional Coordinator at Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA)||Kabul||13 Dec 2016|
|Project Officer at Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA)||Kabul||10 Dec 2016|
|Office Cleaner at Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA)||Kabul||13 Dec 2016|
|Project Officer at Afghanistan National Participation Organization||Kabul||08 Dec 2016|
|کارگرفنی at DABS||Baghlan||10 Dec 2016|
|شفتکار بند آب at DABS||Kabul||15 Dec 2016|
|Project Evaluation and Coordination Manager at MOIA||Kabul||06 Dec 2016|
|Head of Reporting and Relations Department at MOIA||Kabul||06 Dec 2016|
|Head of MoUs and Agreements at MOIA||Kabul||06 Dec 2016|
|Head of Consultant Coordination Department at MOIA||Kabul||06 Dec 2016|
|Document Translation Manager at MOIA||Kabul||06 Dec 2016|
|Data base Manager at MOIA||Kabul||06 Dec 2016|
|Cooperation for Higher Education at MOIA||Kabul||06 Dec 2016|
|Information Assistant at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||09 Dec 2016|
|Graphic Designer at Afghanistan Reliable Technology Services [ ARTS ]||Kabul||05 Dec 2016|
|Cultural Affairs Specialist FSN-10 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||05 Dec 2016|
|Pre-School and Grades 1-3 Teachers at Afghanistan International School||Nangarhar||10 Dec 2016|
|Cook/ Cleaner at IDS Afghanistan||Herat||05 Dec 2016|
|Lead Consultant for a corruption vulnerabilit.. at Joint Monitoring and E..||Kabul||06 Dec 2016|
|Senior, Experienced Education consultant for .. at Joint Monitoring and E..||Kabul||06 Dec 2016|
|Team Leader for the IT at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||09 Dec 2016|
|Project Manager (National Single Windows for .. at Ghani Consultancy Serv..||Kabul||09 Dec 2016|
|Anti-Fraud Security Investigator FSN-09 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||31 Dec 2016|