Food Distributor(638 Views)
About World Vision International Afghanistan
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To provide end user monitoring, supervision and accurate documentation on all commodity distributions handled by World Vision Afghanistan.
|Date Posted:||30 Jun 2013||Reference:||WVA402|
|Job Location:||(Afghanistan)||Work type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||4||Gender:||Male|
|Funcational Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract type:||Short Term||Closing Date:||14 Jul 2013|
|Contract Duration:||Extension possiblity:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
JOB ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITES
1. Ensure that all commodities entrusted to World Vision arriving at distribution centers are properly accounted for.
2. Scrutinize all waybills for commodities arriving at the distribution centers. Ensure that the commodities are of correct quantities and quality as manifested on the waybill. Immediately record all quantities delivered short (missing), quantities lost in transit and quantities damaged if any (In the field and FDP). All observations must be recorded immediately.
3. Commodities must carefully be counted during off-loading.
4. At the distribution center, commodities must be stacked in an organized manner, by commodity type to facilitate easy distribution.
5. Take active role in the registration and verification of beneficiaries to ensure that the process is fair
6. Organize and supervise food and NFI (None Food Items) distributions in the field and FDPs.
7. At the distribution center, commodities must be properly stacked on plastic sheeting.
8. Ensure that the distribution center is properly organized and secured with ropes and crowd control measures put in place to ensure smooth distribution and flow of beneficiaries.
9. Responsible to ensure that all necessary distribution equipment are available at the distributions center, including forms, ropes, banners, plastic sheets, measuring devices etc.
10. Supervise loading of food that is left over after distributions. Ensure that a waybill is prepared for food to be returned to the warehouse.
11. Prepare daily distribution center visit reports and Food Monitors report. This is a MUST
12. Ensure proper completion and safe return of all tally documents and beneficiary lists to the office for safe storage.
13. Ensure proper accounting of all quantities of commodities received and distributed at each center.
14. Perform any other duty that may be assigned from time to time
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED
The following knowledge, skills and abilities maybe acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on the job training:
1. This position requires a mature candidate, a self-starter, with dedication and ability to work with less or no supervision. Must demonstrate willingness to learn and work with others as a team.
2. Prospective candidates should have a minimum of high secondary school education
3. Candidates should also have at least 1 years’ previous experience in a related field.
4. Ability to perform field assignments and willingness to travel for long period of time in difficult terrain, harsh and demanding conditions. Candidates should also be willing to live and work in very difficult and security-risk areas
5. Good command of oral and written English. Computer literacy is an added advantage.
Years of Experience:
Applications closing date is 14-Jul-2013.
Please submit your resume and one page cover letter outlining how you meet the job requirements by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please write on the subject of your Email the Vacancy Number (WVA402) also Avoid sending attachment of big size (above 1024 KB) if you want your application/CV to be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
You can also submit your hard resume and Application to the office by this address:
WV Afghanistan,Ghor Province/Chaghcharan/North of River, Jam Minaret Street in front of Salam Khan Tank Station. Phone +93 40224568 | Mobile:+93 797 467 060 / +93 799 53 63 45 | E-mail: email@example.com
You must be logged in to see the submission Email (if any).
|More jobs in this category|
|Sr. University Partnerships Manager at FHI 360||Kabul||03 Dec 2014|
|Translator at Creative - CCI||Kabul||29 Nov 2014|
|Planning Manager at Demining Agency for Afghanistan||Kabul||10 Dec 2014|
|District Support Team Leader at AECOM/SIKA-West||Herat||02 Dec 2014|
|ANSA Certification Unit Interns at Chemonics International ATAR project||Kabul||07 Dec 2014|
|Subcontracts & Procurement Specialist at Chemonics International ATAR pro..||Kabul||05 Dec 2014|
|Associate Project Analyst at Asian Development Bank||Kabul||03 Dec 2014|
|District Team Leader (Tirin Kot) at Stability and Rural Development Progr..||Oruzgan||28 Nov 2014|
|Project Management Unit (PMU) Manager at Aga Khan Foundation||Multi Cities||08 Dec 2014|
|Grants & Subcontract Officer at AECOM/SIKA-West||Herat||29 Nov 2014|
|short Term Regional Engineer at Creative - CCI||No Location||18 Dec 2014|
|Provincial Sub-contracts and Procurement Offi.. at Creative - CCI||No Location||19 Dec 2014|