IT Associate(1422 Views)
Under the overall supervision of the Project Manager the IT Associate provides effective and efficient IT support to the senior management and Staff of the Uruzgan Rural Access Project.
|Date Posted:||15 Jul 2013||Reference:||VA/2013/B5101/2670|
|Closing Date:||22 Jul 2013||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||IT - Hardware||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Taking images of Laptops and Desktop Computers and deploying windows in laptop and desktop machines by using Symantec Ghost and Diamond Boot.
• Helpdesk to remote offices
• Communication with IT service providers
• Focal point for NRAP.org domain and Email Server
• Keep update software inventory and provide report upon request
• Updating windows and installing IT standard software as required and requested.
• Ensure virus free environment across LAN.
• Maintaining a virus free network environment in order to prevent data loss.
• Ensuring periodic back-ups of computer information and files.
• Recovery of lost data in case of data loss.
• Installing printers, scanners and other related equipment for clients as required and requested.
• Respond to help desk calls and assist the user with prompt assistance.
• Managing and Troubleshooting problems of office wide computer systems, Digital sender, Laser Printers, Scanner, pc power supplies etc
• Attending the help desk calls and helping the users while having internet or email problem
• Providing hardware and software troubleshooting and support to all MOPW/MRRD Staff.
• Assisting the IT supervisor in the design and implementation of LAN System in new offices.
• Assisting the IT supervisor in the cabling and planning of networks and connecting the telephone extension for new offices.
• Managing and configuring the digital sender and network printers.
• Creating network share drives for each department and ensuring regular back-ups are completed.
• Creating NERAP email account for new coming staff and configuring their email and deleting accounts which no longer in use
• Assist and guide the users in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office and troubleshoot their problems.
• Providing advice to clients in the use of internet and email and troubleshooting problems.
• Monitoring the use of the internet by the clients.
• Assisting the IT supervisor on a day-to-day basis, and assume delegated responsibilities in the absence of the IT supervisor.
• Performing other tasks which are assigned by IT supervisor
3. Monitoring and Progress Controls
(Clear description of measurable outputs, milestones, key performance indicators and/or reporting requirements which will enable performance monitoring)
- Functional IT equipment is available for clients.
- Clients problems are solved and troubleshoot Ted.
- Ad-hoc reporting to the IT Officer on work progress and challenges.
a. Education (Level and area of required and/or preferred education)
- Secondary diploma is required . Certificate in MCP, A+ essential and CCNA is a distinct advantage.
b. Work Experience
(List number of years / area of required work experience. Clearly distinguish between required experience and experience which could be an asset.)
- At least 5-7 years work experience in a similar position in a large organisation.
- Experience in working with UN or international organisation would be distinct advantage.
c. Key Competencies
(Technical knowledge, managerial competencies or other personal competencies relevant to the performance of the assignment)
- Highly proficient ICT, network troubleshooting, LAN and WAN management.
- Able to communicate to all levels within an organization and the ability to convey complex technical concepts and recommendations to non-technical staff, both orally and in writing, in a clear, concise style.
- Hard working and personable character.
- Ability to work with others, work to meet tight deadlines and handle multiple concurrent projects/activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills, fluent in Dari/Pashto.
Afghanistan AF AF 12
Qualified candidates may register their profile in www.gprs.unops.org and apply online via GPRS.
- Applications without GPRS profile will not be considered
- Applications received through email will be not considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a level below the advertised level of the post.
- This is a local position and open to Afghan nationals only
For more information on UNOPS, please visit the UNOPS website at www.unops.org.
You must be logged in to see the submission Email (if any).
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!