CNJS/JSU Mason / Welder(654 Views)
CNJS/JSU (Mason / Welder)
|Date Posted:||06 Aug 2013||Reference:||JSSP-0016|
|Closing Date:||22 Aug 2013||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Mechanical Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Welding spare parts in various directions: flat, horizontal, vertical or overhead, etc.
• Igniting flame or striking an arc while welding or performing other electricity-related work to weld parts or metal structures.
• Must be familiar in wire feed, MIG, and TIG welding.
• Responsible for identifying any faults in operating equipment or in relation to any material or equipment and notifying supervisors.
• Clamping, holding, tack-welding, heat-bending, bolting, or grinding spare parts as necessary to satisfy the technical requirements to fabricate a final welded product.
• Operating other accessory equipment and performing tasks necessary for welding metal, such as fusing metal segments, using gas tungsten arc, metal arc, flux-cored arc, plasma arc, and other types of welding arcs.
• Responsible for the proper preparation of materials to be welded ad well as the detailed finishing of fabricated components.
• Controls the processes of fitting, burning and welding to avoid problems in relation to overheat, distortion, expansion or shrinkage of parts.
• Examines finished products and spare parts to compare them with samples to ensure the requested specifications are met.
• Responsible for preparing and setting up necessary tools and equipment for welding jobs such as shielded metal arc, gas metal arc or other welding equipment.
• Arranging and assuring the welded parts are in order before being assembled into final products; using tools such as squares calipers or rulers for this task.
• Monitors work done by outside contractors for adherence to National Electrical Code Requirements and reports back to supervisor.
• Performs all services and repairs in strict accordance with the standards of US DoD TB Med 530, USACE EM385, International Building Code (IBC), and National Electric Code (NEC).
• Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean working environment.
• Maintains appropriate service, repair, and preventive maintenance records.
• Conducts preventive maintenance checks and services of all components and equipment on the premises.
• Responds to routine and emergency calls for repairs and service.
• Is required to be “On Call” and subject to recall if needed after hours, on days off, and holidays. Mobile phone must be answered at all times, when recalled to property by Supervisor
• Fully complies with confidentiality and applicable policies.
• Immediately reports any suspicious activity, hostile actions, altercations, elevated security situations, elevated interactions with guests, disruptions, situations requiring assistance, perceived surveillance, infractions of property polices, infractions of corporate policies, unauthorized photography, violations of SOP’s, suspicious local activity, significant pedestrian/vehicle traffic changes, suspicious behavior of guests/staff/guards/guest staff/visitors/vendors/or local populace to immediate supervisor and security without delay.
• The employee will be required to perform any other required, requested, or related duties and responsibilities in accordance with the instruction and direction of their immediate Supervisor.
Education: Successful completion of High School (Welding Courses preferred)
Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience in a relevant field
Language: Fluent in written and spoken: English and Dari
Submit all CVs via jobs.af
You must be logged in to see the submission Email (if any).
|More jobs in this category|
|Regional Power Generation Manager at VECTRUS||Kabul||30 Sep 2015|
|Generator Mechanic Supervisor at Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Progr..||Kabul||07 Aug 2015|
|Mechanical Technician(International) at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum||Jawzjan||02 Aug 2015|
|Power Plant Supervisor at VECTRUS||Kabul||15 Sep 2015|