About Ghazanfar group
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Geologist within Afghanistan & Russian basins. As a Geologist you will provide expert Geology evaluations of assignment with an emphasis on focus on resource. Geologist (Petroleum & Mining) is about managing mining process and operational functions. The position will be responsible day to day activities of the underground mine / Petroleum control activities, geologic interpretation, and production infill drilling, and delivering production data & reports.
|Date Posted:||22 Sep 2013||Reference:||VGGG21|
|Closing Date:||20 Oct 2013||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Explores and charts stratigraphic arrangement and structure of earth to locate gas and oil deposits: Studies well logs, analyzes cores and cuttings from well drillings, and interprets data obtained by electrical or radioactive well logging and other subsurface surveys to identify earth strata.
2. Examines aerial photographs, evaluates results of geophysical prospecting, and prepares surface and subsurface maps and diagrams depicting stratigraphic arrangement and composition of earth and probable deposits of gas and oil.
3. Recommends acquisition, retention, or release of property leases or contracts.
4. Estimates oil reserves in proven or prospective fields, and consults with PETROLEUM ENGINEERS concerning drilling and production methods.
5. May direct drilling of shallow exploratory wells.
6. As Petroleum geologists it is primarily concerned with determining the location and amount of combustible fuel in sediments on land or in the area. This job requires a geologist to understand the origin of the fuel, the amount of fuel in the reservoir, the fuel\'s \'maturity\' or concentration, the movement of fuel underground and obstacles that impede or expedite that movement. Petroleum geologists utilize a variety of techniques to discover this information, including geochemical analysis, ground-based sonar to discover reservoirs or satellite mapping. In some cases, petroleum geologists may work side-by-side with oil companies in the supervising of the oil extraction process.
7. Supervise other mine engineers; geologist and surveyors, Conduct resource modeling and resource estimates assist in design of underground mine, development and production stapes.
8. Assist in mine planning activities for both short term and long term, Responsible for coordinating ore control, activities, sorting of ore types and tracking ore stockpile quantities and quality with mine operations.
9. Responsible for preparation of daily, monthly and yearly production reports prepare clearly written monthly reports and other documentation on required frequencies.
An excellent communication skills both orally and in writing I Deri / English and any other language. 2. excellent interpersonal skills 3. good IT skills and presentation skills 4. A good initiative, ability to prioritize and plan effectively, awareness of different media activities and good creativity.
Graduate degree in Geology / Geologic Engineering / Geophysics or equivalent, However master\'s degree in the geosciences is an additional advantageous. Minimum 2- 5 years’ experience in underground hard rock mining Minimum of 2 years on site experience in narrow vein mining & back filling Experience in underhand cut and fill stopping methods Experience in geotechnical mapping, rock mechanics, ground control techniques, related analysis and design . . Additionally, education in reservoir engineering, oil property valuation and computer programming are helpful optional for petroleum geologist profile.
Qualified candidates should apply online through jobs.af or send their CVs and Cover letters through mail; email@example.com. Please mention the Job Code/Vacancy Number while applying for this position.
You must be logged in to see the submission Email (if any).
|More jobs in this category|
|Water Engineer at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Development Services ..||Ghowr||05 Mar 2018|
|انجینر دیزاین ساختمانی ت.. at DABS||Kabul||24 Feb 2018|
|Road Design Engineer/Specialist at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Sr. Bridge Design Engineer at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||03 Mar 2018|
|Sr. Road Design Specialist at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Site Engineer for Highway at Aziz Group||Kabul||26 Feb 2018|
|Highway Project Manager at Aziz Group||Kabul||26 Feb 2018|
|Proposal Writer at PG Global Group||Kabul||30 May 2018|