About Ghazanfar Group/Ghazanfar group
The late Al-Hajj Abdul Ghafar Ghazanfar laid the foundation for the group. Many of the businesses that the group has opened or is currently running were all his vision of growth, innovation, development and prosperity.
The group has many subsidiaries, which are involved in the following industries:
1. Oil and Gas
2. Crude Oil Refinery
3. Fuel Storage
8. Mining and Media
The group's progress has been steady over the past few years; the constant rise in the revenue from petroleum and other businesses is proof of the group's progress.
We have opened many offices locally and internationally, and are spreading our operations by incorporating into new industries and synergizing our subsidiaries to give us an efficient and profitable result. Through our actions we are able to offer employment for the youth of Afghanistan and also train them to learn and prosper throughout their career.
We take it upon ourselves to ensure that everything should be done for the improvements of the living standards of Afghan citizens. One of the group's goals is to bring foreign investment in Afghanistan and to increase the standard of quality and performance. We also try to raise the benchmark for performance and quality amongst our competitors so that a competitive environment is created which would benefit the public and would give us a reason to pursue a higher quality standard. We constantly review our strategy and work on introducing measures, which would help our clients and us both.
The group has a main office in Mazar-e-Sharif from where they direct all the workflow. All the information from the group's activities are sent and recorded in the Mazar Office. As the group's recent business ventures and activities are spreading throughout Afghanistan, another office has been made operational in Kabul. The group is getting ready to introduce itself in many other industries like Oil Refinery, Metal Smelting, and Foreign Investment for prospective clients.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Geologist within Afghanistan & Russian basins. As a Geologist you will provide expert Geology evaluations of assignment with an emphasis on focus on resource. Geologist (Petroleum & Mining) is about managing mining process and operational functions. The position will be responsible day to day activities of the underground mine / Petroleum control activities, geologic interpretation, and production infill drilling, and delivering production data & reports.
|Data Posted:||22 Sep 2013||Reference:||VGGG21|
|Job Location:||Afghanistan||Work type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Contract Duration:|
|Funcational Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Industry:||Salary range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract type:||Permanent||Closing Date:||20 Oct 2013|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Explores and charts stratigraphic arrangement and structure of earth to locate gas and oil deposits: Studies well logs, analyzes cores and cuttings from well drillings, and interprets data obtained by electrical or radioactive well logging and other subsurface surveys to identify earth strata.
2. Examines aerial photographs, evaluates results of geophysical prospecting, and prepares surface and subsurface maps and diagrams depicting stratigraphic arrangement and composition of earth and probable deposits of gas and oil.
3. Recommends acquisition, retention, or release of property leases or contracts.
4. Estimates oil reserves in proven or prospective fields, and consults with PETROLEUM ENGINEERS concerning drilling and production methods.
5. May direct drilling of shallow exploratory wells.
6. As Petroleum geologists it is primarily concerned with determining the location and amount of combustible fuel in sediments on land or in the area. This job requires a geologist to understand the origin of the fuel, the amount of fuel in the reservoir, the fuel\'s \'maturity\' or concentration, the movement of fuel underground and obstacles that impede or expedite that movement. Petroleum geologists utilize a variety of techniques to discover this information, including geochemical analysis, ground-based sonar to discover reservoirs or satellite mapping. In some cases, petroleum geologists may work side-by-side with oil companies in the supervising of the oil extraction process.
7. Supervise other mine engineers; geologist and surveyors, Conduct resource modeling and resource estimates assist in design of underground mine, development and production stapes.
8. Assist in mine planning activities for both short term and long term, Responsible for coordinating ore control, activities, sorting of ore types and tracking ore stockpile quantities and quality with mine operations.
9. Responsible for preparation of daily, monthly and yearly production reports prepare clearly written monthly reports and other documentation on required frequencies.
Graduate degree in Geology / Geologic Engineering / Geophysics or equivalent, However master\'s degree in the geosciences is an additional advantageous. Minimum 2- 5 years’ experience in underground hard rock mining Minimum of 2 years on site experience in narrow vein mining & back filling Experience in underhand cut and fill stopping methods Experience in geotechnical mapping, rock mechanics, ground control techniques, related analysis and design . . Additionally, education in reservoir engineering, oil property valuation and computer programming are helpful optional for petroleum geologist profile.
Years of Experience:
Qualified candidates should apply online through jobs.af or send their CVs and Cover letters through mail; email@example.com. Please mention the Job Code/Vacancy Number while applying for this position.
You must be logged in to see the submission Email (if any).