Civil Engineer(2003 Views)
About Ministry of Justice
2. Components of the Project:
The project consists of four inter-related components, namely: (a) Partnership for Justice; (b) Legal Empowerment; (c) Organization and Capacity of Justice Institutions; and (d) Implementation Capacity.
(a) Partnership for Justice: This component aims at increasing the scope and quality of legal services in selected provinces and districts. The ultimate goal of this component is to support business environment and investment climate. The means to achieve the goals and objectives are by: (i) improving the collaboration and strengthening capacity of the local Justice Institutions (JIs); and (ii) engaging local JIs and other legal service providers, including community organizations and leaders into community justice partnership.
(b) Legal Empowerment: The two sub-components of this component are: (i) Legal Aid, to be achieved through consolidating the existing legal aid sub-systems which are composed of two distinct models based on in-house lawyers and subcontracting an NGO, and building the critical base (policies, procedures, and capacities augmented by TA and automation) for an effective, fiscally sustainable, nationally coordinated state system of legal aid; and (ii) Legal Awareness, to be achieved by strengthening capacities of Ministry of Justice (MoJ), Supreme Court (SC) and Attorney General’s Office (AGO) in planning, financing and managing legal awareness and through implementation of specific legal awareness activities.
(c) Organization and Capacity of Justice Institutions: The two sub-components of this component are: (i) Effective Organizational Design, to be achieved through policies to adjust courts’ and prosecutorial offices’ functions, jurisdictions, size and territorial organization to the current needs, incorporating the design, operations, and processes of courts and offices of public prosecution and streamlining procedural designs; and (ii) Strengthening Capacity of Justice Institutions, to be achieved through the improvements in human capital, case management and physical infrastructures.
(d) Implementation Capacity: This component will be achieved through strengthening of implementation capacities of the JIs to enable them to implement reforms and other activities without significant additional assistance.
3. Implementation Arrangements:
The project will be implemented by the JIs (the SC, the MoJ, and the AGO) and will follow the Bank policies and guidelines. The Bank will be responsible for the supervision of the project. The project implementation structure builds on and expands the structure established under the Phase 1 AJSRP. A detailed description of the implementation structure and operational procedures will be included in the project operational manual to be issued within four months from the date of project effectiveness. The implementation structure includes: (a) a Project Oversight Committee (POC); (b) Stakeholders Forums (SF); (c) a Project Support Unit (PSU); (d) a Project Unit (PU) in the implementing institutions – the SC, the MoJ and the AGO; (e) the Provincial POCs and their secretariats.
The objective of this consultancy is to ensure the efficient and timely implementation of all infrastructure-related activities (AJSDP & Infrastructure Department) in the Ministry of Justice.
|Date Posted:||23 Sep 2013||Reference:||001|
|Closing Date:||08 Oct 2013||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Civil Engineer will report to the Senior Engineer who, in turn, serves as the lead technical advisor to both Project Unit Director and the Director of Admin and Finance (in case of MoJ and AGO) regarding the implementation of all infrastructure-related projects. Specifically, the incumbent(s) will be responsible for assisting the Senior Engineer in providing technical assistance to the JI in conducting all activities related to Infrastructure and civil works; project assessments, drawing, designing, monitoring, quality assurance and site monitoring/supervision and implementation.
Major responsibilities and duties of the Civil Engineer include but are not limited to assisting the Senior Engineer in conducting the following:
• Coordination of all AJSDP & JI infrastructure projects
• Development of construction and rehabilitation project costs and specifications
• Assistance and cooperation in evaluating the technical proposals for procurement of construction and design projects in compliance with the World Bank Procurement Guidelines.
• Construction project management
• Monitoring and evaluation of contractor compliance with facility and project management standards.
• Site visits to supervise and monitor the entire JI Infrastructure projects
• Preparation of management & progress reports for the JI and AJSDP.
• Risk analysis associated with site selection and natural disaster (in relation to safeguards)
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualification and background requirements for this position include:
• University degree in Civil Engineering or closely related field
• At least 5 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in civil works preferably for public buildings involved in project planning, management, monitoring, and evaluation; work experience should reflect all aspects of the project cycle.
• Experience in working with international organizations in developing countries.
• General knowledge of international procurement requirements.
• Skill in application of engineering soft-wares (e.g. AutoCAD, SAP, etc.)
• Skills in basic computer programs such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of the justice sector and international standards for justice facilities
• Experience in project implementation in post-conflict countries
• Ability to communicate fluently (both orally and in writing) in Pashto/Dari
• Experience in working in multi-ethnic settings
• Knowledge of and experience in implementing sustainable (“green) designs
• Knowledge of and experience in implementing designs that provide accessibility for the handicapped.
• Ability to communicate in English language will be an advantage.
The Civil Engineer will report directly to the Senior Engineer or, in his absence, to the PU Director or the Director of Admin and Finance.
8. Duration of Appointment:
The Civil Engineer will be hired for 12 (twelve) months with a possible extension; these TORs may be revised, based on need, performance and availability of resources.
Remuneration of the Civil Engineer will be financed 100% by the ARTF-financed AJSDP.
This position will be based in Kabul, with the possibility of occasional travel to other areas of the country.
11. The consultant will be selected in accordance with procedure set out in the World Bank’s Guideline: “Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011)”.
Admin and Translator
Ministry of Justice,
E-mail: email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cell Phone: 0773362722
AJSDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
You must be logged in to see the submission Email (if any).
|More jobs in this category|
|Environment Safeguards Expert at DABS||Kabul||05 Nov 2016|
|Health and Safety Inspector at Tetra Tech||Multi Cities||29 Oct 2016|
|Mechanical Engineer- Mid Level at Tetra Tech||Kabul||29 Oct 2016|
|Field Supervisor Engineer at CARD-F||Kandahar||28 Oct 2016|
|Senior Advisor to the Minister at Afghanistan Capacity Building for Resul..||Kabul||31 Oct 2016|
|Business Development Manager at State Corps||Kabul||17 Nov 2016|
|Technical Extender for Child Friendly School .. at Afghanistan Center for..||Multi Cities||31 Oct 2016|
|Sewerage and Wastewater Design Engineer at Capital Region Independent Dev..||Kabul||26 Oct 2016|
|Construction Quality Control Manager at Redland Construction||Kabul||31 Oct 2016|
|Project Manager at Redland Construction||Kabul||31 Oct 2016|
|Mechanical Engineer at ASDP/DMTVET/MOE||Kabul||25 Oct 2016|
|دستیار اداری معاونیت تجا.. at DABS||Kabul||29 Oct 2016|
|Contracts Management Specialist/Engineer at GEO-CHEM Middle East - Afghan..||Kabul||31 Oct 2016|
|Waste Water Site Engineer / WWTP at PG Global Group||Kabul||29 Nov 2016|
|Waste Water Designer / WWTP at PG Global Group||Kabul||29 Nov 2016|
|Mechanical Engineer Liaison at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||31 Dec 2016|