Date Posted: Oct 12, 2013
Geologist position with DACAAR (647 Views)
About DACAARDACAAR is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization that supports sustainable development in Afghanistan through promoting the ability of local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process. The organisation employs around 650 staff of whom 11 are expatriates. Core thematic areas are: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Natural Resource Management, Women’s Empowerment and Small Scale Enterprise Development.
Duties and Responsibilities• Perform activities in mainly in Nangarhar and Kunar provinces, occasionally in Kabul.
• Familiar with the geographical and security condition of Kabul, Nangarhar and Kunar provinces
• Supervise well drilling and well construction activities for production wells
• Select proper site for aquifer recharge and recovery
• Collect rain fall data from relevant meteorological stations Nangarhar & Kunar provinces
• Analysis of drilling strata samples for proper well design and select screen slot
• Use air compressor and pumping test equipment and tools
• Supervise cleaning and developing wells with compressor
• Make pumping test and measure field data
• Analysis of pumping test data for finding well hydraulic parameters
• Measure and record of field parameters like salinity, pH, ORP, temperature and DO from features (river, springs, dug well and drilled well)
• Record GPS location/geo-references (latitude, longitude and elevation) of features
• Take water samples for chemical and isotopic analysis.
• Calibrate pH/conductivity meter
• Keep the measurement instruments in operational condition
• Provide site information like photographs, land use, geomorphology, hydrogeology/ geology and other required information
• Record any use of the river water for drinking, livestock and irrigation
• Perform any other instruction and activities given by supervisor and fitting with knowledge and capabilities
QualificationEducation: University degree in Geosciences (Geology)
Experience: Three years of experience is required
Other qualifications’ an advantage: Knowledge of using GPS, and Photography
Languages: Dari, Pashto and English
• Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
• Severance pay: one month salary per year of service
• Eid bonus on both Eids (after the completion of three months service)
• 24 days of paid annual leave per year
• 10 days of paid sick leave per year
• 2 days weekend
• 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
• 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees(after the completion of three months service)
• 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees(after the completion of three months service)
• 15 days of public holidays per year
• Pick and drop service to and from office
• Free lunch
Submission GuidelineInterested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV to email@example.com or to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.
Applications without DACAAR Job Application Form will not be considered
Note: DACAAR job application form can be obtained from; DACAAR website www.dacaar.org, jobs.af website www.jobs.af / and DACAAR Main Office.
Kabul Office Add:
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, Afghanistan
Postal address: Central P.O. Box 208, Kabul, Afghanistan
Phone: (+93) 0202230752/ (+93) 0202230753
Web site: www.dacaar.org
DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.