Violin and Viola Teacher(3202 Views)
ANIM requires a music teacher to supervise the teaching and complete the training of the ANIM local Afghan violin and viola teacher; to teach violin and viola from the beginner to tertiary levels; and to teach class music to various age groups and assist with daily duties within ANIM. Experience teaching pedagogy is a strong plus.
|Date Posted:||19 Feb 2014||Reference:||DMTVET/C-7.4|
|Closing Date:||11 Mar 2014||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Education||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Successful applicant will be required to supervise the teaching and complete the training of the ANIM local Afghan teacher of violin and viola, as well as select ANIM students in the upper grade levels. This part of the job may include such responsibilities as instruction in string pedagogy, setting repertoire goals for each student, and supervising the lessons taught by the local teacher. The successful applicant will therefore have the ability to teach violin and viola from beginner to diploma levels and to train teachers at all levels of student development.
2. Successful applicant will be required to teach general class music lessons to a variety of students in the various grades.
3. Opportunities will arise for the violin and viola teacher to become a member of the senior academic management team, at the invitation of the ANIM Director or Principal.
4. The violin and viola teacher will be encouraged to take an active part in forming ensembles and in coaching existing ensembles.
5. The violin and viola teacher may be asked to assist with designing teaching and learning material for Afghan traditional instruments.
6. The violin and viola teacher will be required to execute his/her teaching duties in a professional manner, as directed by the ANIM Director or Principal. The violin and viola teacher understands that he/she is in Afghanistan primarily as an employee of ANIM, and that outside performances and professional activities in Afghanistan must be cleared by the ANIM Director.
7. The violin and viola teacher will be required to assist with the general duties of ANIM, such as monitoring of students\' behavior and discipline.
8. All members of the teaching staff are required to execute their responsibilities with professionalism, courtesy and dignity, as well as an appreciation of their students. All member of the teaching staff should communicate promptly and transparently with each other, with the head of their department, and with ANIM management.
9. The successful applicant will report directly to the ANIM Director, who will monitor the work of the teaching staff and discuss strengths and weaknesses of the staff on a regular basis.
10. The violin and viola teacher may be asked, on occasion, to perform violin and viola parts in collaboration with guests, faculty, and students, at concerts at ANIM and elsewhere. The successful applicant will therefore have recent performing experience.
11. Given the interests of ANIM students in a variety of musical genres, the ability of an applicant to also teach music in both Western classical and Hindustani classical genres will be considered a plus.
1. Applicants should possess a bachelor degree in music—preferably music education, although applicants with degrees in music performance will also be considered—from an accredited university, college of music, or college of education. Evidence of qualifications will be required. A post-bachelor degree will be considered a plus.
2. Applicants should prove their ability to actively engage students in their learning process.
3. The successful applicant will oversee the participation of violin and viola students in various ensembles and groups.
4. The successful applicant should have ability to arrange for various ensembles.
5. Candidates should provide evidence that they are cleared by the police in their country of origin to work with children.
6. Candidates should possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
7. Candidates should have strong experience working in different cultures and mentoring youth in those cultures.
8. The ability to use music software, particularly Sibelius, is a strong plus.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Applicants should include their curriculum vitae with a passport-sized photograph and a single A4-size letter, stating the reasons why you are attracted to the post for which you are applying.
Your application should be submitted electronically to the following three individuals:
Dr. Ahmad Sarmast, Founder and Director, Afghanistan National Institute of Music
Mr. Farid Askzai, Human Resources, ASDP, Deputy Ministry for TVET
You must be logged in to see the submission Email (if any).
|More jobs in this category|
|Dam Design Specialist at Ministery of Energy and Water||Kabul||13 May 2018|
|Drupal Administration Training Consultant at UMASS - USWDP||Kabul||25 Apr 2018|
|English Skills Teacher at Prestige Institute of Accountancy||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|IELTS Teacher at Prestige Institute of Accountancy||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|Hygiene Education and CLTS Mobilizer at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and..||Ghowr||28 Apr 2018|
|Education Technical Extenders at Afghanistan Center for Excellence||Parwan||28 Apr 2018|
|Deputy Coordinator at SDROA||Faryab||05 May 2018|
|English Teacher at ASDP/DMTVET/MOE||Kabul||01 May 2018|
|English Teacher at ASDP/DMTVET/MOE||Kabul||01 May 2018|
|Manager of Technical Teacher Training and Pro.. at ASDP/DMTVET/MOE||Kabul||08 May 2018|
|مدیر اجرائی مرکز آموزشها.. at Asia Higher Training C..||Herat||25 Apr 2018|
|HoD of BBA Department at Jahan University||Kabul||10 May 2018|
|Assistant Teacher at Barakat International School||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|English Teacher at Elahm-e-Navin Academic Center||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|