Date Posted: Mar 31, 2014
IT Manager position with AECOM/SIKA-East (1662 Views)
About AECOM/SIKA-EastUnder contract with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), AECOM International Development is implementing the Stability in Key Areas (SIKA) – East program as the prime contractor, jointly with IRD, OSC, Ti and DT as its sub-contractors. The program promotes stabilization in key areas by supporting the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA) at the district level, while coordinating efforts at the provincial level, to implement community led development and governance initiatives that respond to the population’s needs and concerns in order to build confidence, stability, and increase the provision of basic services.
Job SummaryThe IT Manager will be in Kabul based and provide support to the Stability in Key Areas (SIKA-EAST).
The IT Manager coordinates tasks related to installation, configuration, troubleshooting and procurement of IT and communications equipment. He/she will act as a leader in planning, designing, and implementation of wireless and wired networking. The IT Manager will work with the Director of Operations to determine the equipment need for the target district offices to have internet connectivity.
Duties and Responsibilities• Manage and lead IT team to develop the IT work Plan, IT budget plan, IT Procurement Plan, IT Capacity building and IT strategy.
• Designs and supervises implementation of a tailored knowledge management system for the project; provides a system of knowledge sharing among project components in a (regional, multinational or complex) project with disparate project activities that takes advantage of appropriate computer and information technology, including a project web site; develops system for tracking all information related to program activities.
• Ensure maintenance of entire IT infrastructure and keep network environment up to date with technological development.
• Maintain and provide technical assistance in troubleshooting internet, email, and computer facilities in all Afghanistan offices and staff houses as required.
• Implement AECOM IT standards in all and in any other provincial offices and staff houses and maintain those systems at the minimum standard (as established by the SIKA HO and country management)
• Keep all documents and information related to SIKA’ program activities, personnel and development plans confidential.
• Adhere to SIKA principles of confidentiality in relations to staff, partners, vendors and other.
• Reports to the management the potential irregularities or any misbehavior that occurs.
• manages and maintains all entries to data base; makes corrections and additions to all data base records;
• provides technical support and troubleshooting for data base management system users;
• trains program staff to use and update the data base systems;
• responds to information requests from team members;
• Designs and maintains data security and integrity policy and procedures.
Qualification• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science is required or any equivalent combination of training and experience in Information and Technology
• Must hold MCSE certifications with exams cleared.
• Must have 6 +years of general work experience and 4+ years of specific experience related to the position required. If supervising staff, must have 3+ years of supervisory experience with groups or teams of staff.
• Must have excellent English language skills both written and spoken
• Problem analysis and problem resolution at both strategic and functional level
• Ability to coordinate development of effective software considering organizational effectiveness and impact on staff
• Knowledge of Microsoft sequel and server administration preferred.
• Excellent leadership, strong personnel management, moral character and good organizational, diplomatic and reporting skills
• Experience in storage of project information, documents and deliverables that maximize utilization of stakeholders and the international community
• Excellent English writing skills
Skills• Problem analysis and problem resolution at both strategic and functional level • Ability to coordinate development of effective software considering organizational effectiveness and impact on staff • Knowledge of Microsoft sequel and server administration preferred. • Excellent leadership, strong personnel management, moral character and good organizational, diplomatic and reporting skills • Experience in storage of project information, documents and deliverables that maximize utilization of stakeholders and the international community • Excellent English writing skills
Language(s) required• Pashtu, Dari and Medium level knowledge of Spoken and Written English required
Submission GuidelinePlease submit your resume electronically along with cover letter & NID (Tazkera) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the closing date. Please indicate the position & Vacancy Number/Province/district in the subject line.
This job announcement will remain open until April 10, 2014 / (Mid Night) Kabul Time.
Note: The actual salary of the successful candidate will be negotiated within the grade 10 pay band, depending on qualifications and previous salary history. It is unlikely that an individual will be selected who does not already have the prior training and experience to fully perform at the grade 10 level, or who in some other way does not fully meet all requirements for the position. However, should such an individual be offered a position, the offered salary may be at less than the minimum salary in the grade 10 pay band.
Please mention position title and vacancy number in the subject line of your email otherwise you application will not be accepted.