Oboe Instructor(2325 Views)
-The Afghanistan National Institute of Music (ANIM), inaugurated on the 20th of June 2010 is Afghanistan’s first institute of music where talented children regardless of their gender, social circumstances and ethnic background are trained in Afghan traditional and Western classical music, while obtaining high quality acade¬mic core education. ANIM is operating under the Ministry of Education and has been supported by the World Bank, German Foreign Office, Goethe Institute, UNESCO, British Council, and the Embassies of the United States, Australia, Canada, Denmark, Finland, India, and Germany.
ANIM has a special focus on supporting the most disadvantaged group in Afghan society – the orphans and street working kids to attain a vocation that will allow them to reach their full potential, while contributing to their social and economic status as well as their emotional healing. Integral to our music program is a high quality academic education ensuring that our students are able to achieve at the highest level nationally and internationally as musicians, music educators, academics and specialists. The institute is committed to providing a dynamic, challenging and safe learning environment for all students. Through the provision of an internationally-accredited curriculum our graduates will have the skills, creative vision and confidence to contribute to the artistic, social and cultural life of Afghanistan, and the rebuilding and revival of Afghan music traditions.
Applications are invited from qualified and talented music teachers who wish to make musical history in this troubled part of the world.
The institute requires a music teacher to teach oboe and other woodwind instruments including flute and from the beginning to tertiary levels, to teach music academic courses, and to assist with daily duties within the school.
|Date Posted:||23 May 2016||Reference:||C-7.1|
|Closing Date:||12 Jun 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Education||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. The oboe instructor will be required to teach oboe and other woodwind instruments (flute) from beginning to tertiary levels in private and group lessons.
2. The oboe instructor will be required to teach music academic courses (music theory, ear training, music history, etc.) to a variety of grades and levels. He/she should be prepared and flexible to teach at beginning, intermediate, and advanced levels.
3. The oboe instructor will be asked to take an active role in mentoring the young Afghan oboe and saxophone teachers who are recent graduates of ANIM and have just begun teaching as part of the Junior Faculty.
4. The oboe instructor will oversee the participation of oboe and woodwind students in small ensembles, as well as their participation in larger school ensembles.
5. The oboe instructor will take an active role in performing in recitals and concerts in collaboration with his/her fellow faculty members.
6. The oboe instructor will be required to assist with the general duties of the school, such as monitoring of students' behavior and discipline.
7. All members of the teaching staff are required to execute their responsibilities with professionalism, courtesy and dignity, as well as an appreciation of and fondness for their students.
8. The successful applicant will report directly to the School Director, who will monitor the work of the teaching staff and discuss strengths and weaknesses of the staff on a regular basis;
1. All candidates should possess a bachelor’s degree in music education or music performance from an accredited university, college of music, or college of education. In the case of the latter, applicants must have studied music to an advanced level within the education course that they pursued. Evidence of qualifications will be required.
2. All candidates should possess at least three years of teaching experience with positive references. All candidates should have proven ability to actively engage students in their learning process and be a positive role model and mentor for their students.
3. All candidates should provide evidence that they are cleared by the police in their country of origin to work with children.
4. All candidates should have excellent communication and inter-personal skills as well as strong cross-cultural skills.
5. All candidates should have the ability to use music software, especially the Sibelius program;
Afghanistan - Kabul
Applications should include their curriculum vitae with a passport-sized photograph and a single A4 sized cover letter to:
Mr. Shoaib Mohammady
Phone: 0093 (0) 794886367
Address: Deputy Ministry of Technical Vocational Education and Training, Dehbori, behind Afghanistan National Institute of Music, Ministry of Education, Kabul, Afghanistan
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted directly for interviews.
- The HR Department of TVET will never accept submission of Hard Copy applications.
|More jobs in this category|
|استاد زبان انگلیسی at Asia Higher Training Center||Herat||06 Dec 2017|
|Student & Registration Officer at ATVI||Laghman||30 Nov 2017|
|IELTS Instructor at Barakat International School||Kabul||31 Dec 2017|
|Senior National Islamic Scholar Specialist. at Ministery of Energy and Wa..||Kabul||05 Dec 2017|
|(Intermediary Services) and Scholarships Mana.. at Tetra Tech -Women's Le..||Kabul||24 Nov 2017|
|Senior Focal Point Assistant-Jalalabad at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership ..||Nangarhar||24 Nov 2017|
|Primary School Teacher at Barakat International School||Kabul||31 Dec 2017|
|Senior Focal Point Assistant-KANDAHAR at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership D..||Kandahar||24 Nov 2017|
|Senior Focal Point Assistant-Mazar at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Deve..||Balkh||24 Nov 2017|
|Senior Focal Point Assistant-HERAT at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Deve..||Herat||24 Nov 2017|
|Senior Focal Point Assistant-kabul at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Deve..||Kabul||24 Nov 2017|
|معلم دری at Barakat International School||Kabul||31 Dec 2017|
|Construction Instructor at ATVI||Laghman||30 Nov 2017|
|Jawana Participants Recruitment Assistant-JAL.. at Tetra Tech -Women's Le..||Nangarhar||22 Nov 2017|
|Jawana Participants Recruitment Assistant - K.. at Tetra Tech -Women's Le..||Kandahar||22 Nov 2017|
|Jawana Participants Recruitment Assistant-Bal.. at Tetra Tech -Women's Le..||Balkh||22 Nov 2017|
|Jawana Participants Recruitment Assistant -HE.. at Tetra Tech -Women's Le..||Herat||22 Nov 2017|
|Jawana Participants Recruitment Assistant - K.. at Tetra Tech -Women's Le..||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Provincial Scholarship Coordinator-Jalalabad at Tetra Tech -Women's Leade..||Nangarhar||22 Nov 2017|
|Provincial Scholarship Coordinator - Balkh at Tetra Tech -Women's Leaders..||Balkh||22 Nov 2017|
|Provincial Scholarship Coordinator -Kandahar at Tetra Tech -Women's Leade..||Kandahar||22 Nov 2017|
|Provincial Scholarship Coordinator-HERAT at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadershi..||Herat||22 Nov 2017|
|Graphic Designer and Photographer at Ama-E-Shamal Institute of spoken Eng..||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|WIE - Scholarship Microsoft Office Certificat.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Kabul||01 Jan 2018|
|Adobe Creative Cloud Certification in digital.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Kabul||01 Jan 2018|