Mechanical Engineer Liaison(4395 Views)
About Youth in Action Consulting Company
To serve as a mechanical engineer liaison within the Ministry of Defense, Construction & Property Management Division (CPMD).
|Date Posted:||07 Sep 2016||Reference:||07|
|Closing Date:||31 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||15||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Coordinate with local engineers to ensure that specifications provided are accurately reflected within associated procurement packages.
2. Provide guidance on proper techniques and methods available for engineers to provide timely and reliable information for submission of procurement packages.
3. Coordinate with other project staff (Site Engineers, Supervisors, and Surveyors etc.) to produce documentation for new bid packages, change orders, RFI sketches.
4. Assist site supervisors in the evaluation of submittals, RFI’s if required.
5. Support the design and implementation of cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety, reliability and ensure specification updates are captured.
6. Support the management of projects, evaluating performance, cost, and recording performance measurement in accordance with the approved procurement/contract package.
7. Consider the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints when working with engineers to develop requirements packages.
8. Assists in the development of requirement packages and follows through on the timely submission of procurement packages. Ensures that the packages are tracked throughout the process and provides responses to questions/concerns through the review process.
9. Additional professional duties may be assigned as necessary, as determined by
supervisory chain of command, so long as those duties relate to supporting the overall mission in a professional development capacity (This list is not all-inclusive.)
1. Good knowledge of how mechanical engineering works, procurement policies, techniques, practices and procedures; Proven ability to produce technical guidelines and specification; Good Organizational skills; Knowledge of sources of supply, market trends, pricing, and other related matters; Discretion and sound judgment in applying technical expertise to resolve day-to-day issues; Ability to work towards tight deadlines; Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity sound mathematical and technical skills including physics ability to think methodically, to design, plan and manage projects ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities excellent verbal and written communication skills negotiating, and leadership skills combined with the ability to delegate.
2. Possess Dari or Pashto communication skills in reading, writing, and speaking to support the requirements of the position to which assigned.
3. Capable of typing in Dari or Pashto.
4. Possess the ability to communicate in English via reading, writing, and speaking in order to facilitate communication with Coalition and international personnel
5. Be able to work in an autonomous MoD with little guidance, coordinate activities between coalition and ANDSF officials.
6. Able to travel to remote locations on a routine basis in the performance of his duties.
1. At least 2 years of experience in mechanical engineering
2. Must be capable of operating independently and responsibly, as well as an integrated member of a team. Superior writing, computing and communications skills.
3. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Mechanical Engineering.
4. Excellent computer literacy skills in MS Office (Word and Excel) and QuickBooks.
Afghanistan - Balkh
Afghanistan - Helmand
Afghanistan - Herat
Afghanistan - Kabul
Afghanistan - Kandahar
Afghanistan - Laghman
Afghanistan - Nangarhar
Afghanistan - Paktia
Candidates should submit their CV and cover letter to:
In the subject line of the e-mail, please mention Position Title that you are applying for; otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|More jobs in this category|
|Field Supervisor Engineer at CARD-F||Kandahar||28 Oct 2016|
|Senior Advisor to the Minister at Afghanistan Capacity Building for Resul..||Kabul||31 Oct 2016|
|Business Development Manager at State Corps||Kabul||17 Nov 2016|
|Technical Extender for Child Friendly School .. at Afghanistan Center for..||Multi Cities||31 Oct 2016|
|Sewerage and Wastewater Design Engineer at Capital Region Independent Dev..||Kabul||26 Oct 2016|
|Construction Quality Control Manager at Redland Construction||Kabul||31 Oct 2016|
|Project Manager at Redland Construction||Kabul||31 Oct 2016|
|Mechanical Engineer at ASDP/DMTVET/MOE||Kabul||25 Oct 2016|
|دستیار اداری معاونیت تجا.. at DABS||Kabul||29 Oct 2016|
|انجنیر فاضلاب at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Sewerage ..||Kabul||23 Oct 2016|
|انجینرسروی at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Corpo..||Kabul||23 Oct 2016|
|سایت انجنیر at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Corp..||Kabul||23 Oct 2016|
|Contracts Management Specialist/Engineer at GEO-CHEM Middle East - Afghan..||Kabul||31 Oct 2016|
|Waste Water Site Engineer / WWTP at PG Global Group||Kabul||29 Nov 2016|
|Waste Water Designer / WWTP at PG Global Group||Kabul||29 Nov 2016|