Contract Specialist(5634 Views)
About Youth in Action Consulting Company
Youth In Action (YIA) was established in 2011 and is a 100% Afghan led organization that specializes in Human Resource placement, training and human capital development in professional areas such as financial management, human resource management, procurement and business advisory.
YIA works together with companies and organizations as smart partnership in providing hands-on solution to the literacy, performance and efficiency challenges by developing their human capital.
YIA has an effective reputation for enhancing opportunities for the youth in Afghanistan through their staffing and program management support programs. YIA has a unique expertise in delivering cost effective yet inclusive training to meet the requirements of the state of the art and computerized management systems.
The main objective of YIA is to provide opportunities for the Afghan youth to practice and hone their knowledge and skills to make the management systems computerized in the government and private sectors, enhance literacy rate and improve performance by providing effective trainings and improve efficiency by establishing standard operating procedures and processes.
The Contract Specialist will be assigned specific duties and supervised by the MOD-AA Functional Directorate Lead and will be responsible for acquisition activities such as pre-award, post-award administration, contract close outs and related contract administration tasks.
|Date Posted:||07 Sep 2016||Reference:||08|
|Closing Date:||31 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||15||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Procurement||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Responsible for assuring that the requirements for purchased items are filled in a timely and cost-effective manner.
2. Receive proposals and applications and assist in the evaluation process. This includes briefing the technical evaluation committee and participating in discussions as necessary.
3. Conduct cost/price analyses of subcontract proposals/applications. This includes coordinating audits, pre-award responsibility determinations, and field support reviews of the cost proposals.
4. Assist in the negotiation of subcontracts, claims, and termination settlements. Prepare and deliver documentation for signature and approval from authorized project staff. Support the payment of vendors in complete process, and make the files ready for close-out process. Perform any other appropriate tasks that support the overall project, as assigned by the supervisor or his/her designee.
5. Maintain and update procurement tracker on daily basis.
6. Support the procurement unit in collecting quotations from local market. Serves as the custodian of the procurement team activities. Prepares all necessary administrative forms and documents for operational and technical procurement as per the company’s rules and regulations. Assist the Subcontracts and Procurement Specialist in the process of the payment documents for all procurement.
7. Ensure the proper filing and archiving of all relevant procurement administrative and financial documents both via electronic files and hard-copy files. Assist the Subcontracts and Procurement Specialist in reviewing and processing the procurement payment documents.
8. Maintains the procurement files document in excellent order and to keep record of both hard and electronic copies.
9. Support MOD-AA contracting personnel in preparing solicitation packages, conducting bidder/vendor conferences, analyzing and evaluating proposals, establishing solicitation provisions, developing awards, administering contracts, negotiating and coordinating additions deletions or modifications to contracts. Contract Specialists shall not make decisions on behalf of Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA) with relation to these functions.
10. Additional professional duties may be assigned as necessary, as determined by MOD-AA
Supervisory chain of command, so long as those duties relate to Acquisition process.
11. Attend procurement training encompassing Afghan-specific procurement laws and procedures, principles of Afghan contract oversight and execution, and insight toward Afghan culture and business practices.
1. Possess Dari or Pashto communication skills in reading, writing, and speaking to support the requirements of the position to which assigned.
2. Capable of typing in Dari or Pashto.
3. Possess the ability to communicate in English via reading, writing, and speaking in order to facilitate communication with Coalition and international personnel
4. Be able to work in an autonomous MoD with little guidance, coordinate activities between coalition and ANDSF officials.
5. Able to travel to remote locations on a routine basis in the performance of his duties.
1. Three (3) years of direct contract acquisition experience or a minimum of two (2) years of Contract Management or Contract Administration experience at a Government agency.
2. Must be capable of operating independently and responsibly, as well as an integrated member of a team. Superior writing, computing and communications skills.
3. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Finance, Economics or business discipline.
4. Excellent computer literacy skills in MS Office (Word and Excel).
5. Ability to read, comprehend, and apply knowledge relating to subcontracts and purchasing processes in English. Capability to enter data into a terminal, PC, or other keyboard device, for long periods of time. Ability to file and update files, both hard as well as soft files. Work cooperatively with other employees, branches and suppliers. Resolve inquiries and complaints from assigned suppliers under the direction of Operations Manager. Perform arithmetic calculations, such as calculating interest, discounts, and shipping charges; use common units of measure; maintain an effective liaison with vendors, management, staff, and co-workers.
Afghanistan - Balkh
Afghanistan - Helmand
Afghanistan - Herat
Afghanistan - Kabul
Afghanistan - Kandahar
Afghanistan - Laghman
Afghanistan - Nangarhar
Afghanistan - Paktia
Candidates should submit their CV and cover letter to:
In the subject line of the e-mail, please mention Position Title that you are applying for; otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Procurement Officer at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project||Kabul||08 Jul 2017|
|Senior Procurement Specialist at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project||Kabul||08 Jul 2017|
|Procurement Specialist at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||05 Jul 2017|
|Re-Announcement Store Keeper (Fixed Term Posi.. at World Health Organizat..||Kabul||27 Jun 2017|
|Female Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|
|Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|
|Acquisition and Assistance Specialist at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||13 Apr 2018|
|Logistic Officer at Middle East International Service Contractors Consult..||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2017|