Information & Communication Systems Manager(6984 Views)
About Youth in Action Consulting Company
Youth In Action Consultancy Co. (YIA) was established in 2011 and specializes in Human Resource placement, training and human capital development.
YIA’s main objective is to work together with companies and organizations as smart partnership in providing practical solutions to the management and efficiency challenges by developing their human capital and enhancing the opportunities for the Afghan youth.
As a Ministry of Defense (MoD) Information & Communications Systems Manager, incumbent reports directly to the Spokesman of the Ministry of Defense Public and Parliamentary Affairs Division. The purpose of the Information & Communications Systems Manager position is to develop communications and other information systems technologies, managing all aspects of the development process from start to completion including the management of applications, resources and technical staff so that the Ministry/Agency is supported by relevant and modern systems functionality. Additionally the Information & Communications Systems Manager may be required to support a broad spectrum of areas ranging from the development of policy and strategy, to the use of social media platforms as well and the development and maintenance, and execution of MoD websites, advertisements, media campaigns, press releases and media engagements. Actions of the Information & Communications Systems Manager may also require coordination with or knowledge of the actions and directives of the Senior Communications Director of the President of Afghanistan. This position must coordinate all of the Public and Parliamentary Affairs Division’s technical requirements with the MoD, Information, Communications and Technology Directorate (GSG6) (not to include informational content material). The job requires Public Affairs, Journalism, or Communications background.
|Date Posted:||07 Sep 2016||Reference:||11|
|Closing Date:||31 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||10||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Public Relations||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manage applicable resources, activities, and processes, so as to achieve all objectives with efficient, effective, transparent and beneficial outcomes for GIRoA.
2. Ensure functions comply with the Ministry/Agency’s Strategic Communication plan and objectives.
3. Develop the communications and information technology systems to ensure that they support the attainment of Ministry/Agency objectives.
4. Draft and monitor the approved systems development budget to ensure that expenditure is accurately forecast and kept within agreed limits.
5. Advise senior management of necessary upgrades, replacements, future system hardware requirements and procurement in coordination with MoD staff.
6. Coordinate and provide communication systems training, to enable effective use of communications systems and their effective employment in support of MoD and GIRoA objectives.
7. Manage systems development projects to ensure that results are delivered on time and within budget.
8. Manage staff schedule and professional development to ensure they are effectively recruited, motivated, developed and trained so that they carry out their responsibilities to the required standards.
9. Gain up-to-date knowledge and competencies so as to maintain professional development.
10. Ensure service delivery is achieved to the required standard and according to the relevant plan in order to achieve the objectives of the ministry in support of GIRoA.
11. Communicate with the Afghan public using traditional and modern platforms to deliver effective messaging in support of the ministry and GIRoA.
12. Any of the duties as required by higher authorities in accordance with laws, regulations and objectives of the ministry/agency.
13. Maintain awareness of and coordination with the policies and directives of the Senior Communications Director of the President of Afghanistan.
1. Possess Dari or Pashto communication skills in reading, writing, and speaking to support the requirements of the position to which assigned.
2. Capable of typing in Dari or Pashto.
3. Possess the ability to communicate in English via reading, writing, and speaking in order to facilitate communication with Coalition and international personnel
4. Be able to work in an autonomous MoD with little guidance, coordinate activities between coalition and ANDSF officials.
5. Able to travel to remote locations on a routine basis in the performance of his duties.
1. 2 Years of experience in government or corporate-level public affairs positions. Ability to use Microsoft suite automation tools.
2. Must be capable of operating independently and responsibly, as well as an integrated member of a team. Superior writing and communications skills.
3. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in information technology, public affairs, journalism or communications.
4. A candidate should demonstrate a working knowledge and skill level for proper use of Microsoft Office Word products. The most vital function is ability to create Microsoft Word Documents. Although not required, expertise in Excel, Power Point, and Access programs and/or other systems/applications is beneficial and will be reviewed favorably.
5. A candidate should demonstrate a professional demeanor, respect for others, and have the ability to be a team player and work well with others. A candidate should have the ability to providing legal opinions and analysis to senior leaders and may, on occasion, be asked to provide presentations in a professional manner to senior leaders.
Afghanistan - Balkh
Afghanistan - Herat
Afghanistan - Kabul
Afghanistan - Laghman
Afghanistan - Nangarhar
Afghanistan - Paktia
Bachelors Degree, Media
Candidates should submit their CV and cover letter to the e-mail address below.
We prefer candidates with Public Affairs, Journalism, or Communications background with a degree in these fields.
In the subject line of the e-mail, please mention Position Title and the Province that you are applying for; otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|More jobs in this category|
|Parliamentary Affairs Advisor to MoMP/Ministe.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||04 Jun 2017|