Call for CV (Credit Officer)(6458 Views)
About FINCA Afghanistan
The Mission of FINCA Afghanistan is to provide financial services to the lowest-income entrepreneurs, so they can create jobs build assets and improve their standard of living.FINCA International is one of the world's leading micro finance institutions, provides financial services to more than One Million clients through 23 wholly-owned and operated subsidiaries in Africa, Eurasia, Latin America and the Middle East and South Asia (MESA)
FINCA Afghanistan has over 370 employees and among one of the leading Microfinance providers in the country with its Islamic and enterprise friendly products. It is rapidly growing and is currently operating in Kabul, North and West Regions.
The Credit Officer SEL/BMA will work closely with the FINCA potential SEL clientele in order to market the SEL product. The Branch Manager (BM) will specify area and set target for the Credit Officer. The CO will be responsible for marketing SEL product, credit appraisal, business planning, disbursement, and recovery and reporting. FINCA lending process is an education process for its clients; the SEL CO will provide technical support to its client in preparation of business planning.
|Date Posted:||09 Aug 2016||Reference:||FA -083|
|Closing Date:||04 Jan 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Banking||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
In order to achieve project goals, the SME Credit Officer (CO) will be responsible for finding clients for the FINCA loan products to which he/she is assigned. The CO will provide the following services:
• Identify and train potential client on FINCA methodology and assist them in the prepare loan application form.
• Develop a work plan for attracting clients in the geographical area assigned to the CO.
• Manage clients; inspect business of potential clients, prepare and complete loan agreement with clients, take responsibility for the loan approval process and all loan documentation, monitor the use of the loan.
• Manage and assume responsibility for the collection of the loan from clients, making sure that all loan installments are repaying at teller counters.
• In the case of problem with client, work with the client in person and on a daily basis to collect repayments.
• Provide clients with information on regulations of FINCA and importance of adherence to methodology.
• Assist management in the development of new loan products, market research, and other procedures.
• Be proactive in suggesting changes to FINCA’s methodology that will reduce risk and increase the number of clients.
• Disburse at least 6 loans in each month and retain at least 80% of clients from one cycle to the next.
• Hit portfolio targets set by BM with less than 1% portfolio at risk (>30 days). Have a portfolio of 100 clients after 6 months, 120 to 150 clients after 12 months.
• Advertise and promote FINCA’s loan products to potential clients
• Maintain good relations and attend to the needs of existing clients
• Research the market and understand clients’ needs and innovative ways that FINCA can meet those needs
• Maintain good relations with influential members of the community in order to improve FINCA’s reputation with the communities in which FINCA works.
• Always client character professionally; does not get into arguments with clients in public; treat every client or potential client with respect.
• Help the general public understand the benefits of FINCA’s work and FINCA’s plans to help Afghanistan.
Monitoring and Reporting (20%)
• Visit client bi weekly/monthly, check repayments and businesses to guarantee proper loan utilization.
• Prepare accurate portfolio weekly reports for all outstanding loans.
• Prepare credit risk report on monthly basis
• Immediately report all problems to Credit Supervisor and BM or RBM.
• Ensure the safety of FINCA’s assets and the integrity of FINCA’s procedures.
Training and Human Resources (10%)
• Provide the SEL client with training in basic accounting, loan and savings administration, business planning and management.
• Provide or assist in conducting business training for clients.
• Assist in development of other FINCA employees. Mentor new Credit Officers, help other Credit Staff as required by the Credit Supervisor or Branch Manager.
• Evaluate the credit risk of SEL client before approval of loan. Check every applicants business before every loan, verifying that loans are for business and verifying that loans will be used only for the member’s business.
Perform other reasonable tasks as required by management.
• Dari and Pashto fluency required; some knowledge of English is an advantage.
• Computer (word processing, data entry and data base management) skills an advantage
• High school diploma
• Experience in private business, credit, trade, or manufacturing desirable
• University education in finance, retail banking, credit, money lending, or another quantitative field an advantage
• Initiative, integrity, self-management, and ability to work independently (while consulting with management)
• Experience working in the field, bazaars, or markets an advantage
• Knowledge in social science or having some experience in social work.
• Good communication skills and ability to work on a team.
Afghanistan - Badakhshan
- Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
- Sar-e Pol
High School, Banking
All interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV along with application letter also please mention the position title and Province clearly in the subject line of your email (FA- 083 Credit Officer................... ), otherwise your CV will not be considered for mentioned position.
|More jobs in this category|
|Deputy Branch Manager at FMFB||Jawzjan||06 Mar 2018|
|Deputy Branch Manager at FMFB||Kabul||06 Mar 2018|
|Loan Officer at FMFB||Balkh||06 Mar 2018|
|Risk Manager at Mutahid Development Finance Institution||Kabul||04 Mar 2018|
|Internal Control Officer at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||01 Mar 2018|
|Money Counter at Afghanistan International Bank||Herat||23 Feb 2018|
|Branch Manager at Exchangerzone, Inc.||Multi Cities||21 Feb 2018|
|Audit Manager at Arian Bank||Kabul||14 Mar 2018|
|Tea Person at FMFB||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Assistant Database Administrator at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||26 Feb 2018|
|Information Technology Security Manager at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||26 Feb 2018|
|System Administrator at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||26 Feb 2018|
|Application Developer at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||26 Feb 2018|
|Regional Manager at FINCA Afghanistan||Kunduz||28 Feb 2018|
|Business Continuity Plan (BCP) Coordinator at FMFB||Kabul||25 Feb 2018|
|Operational and Fraud Risk Officer at FMFB||Kabul||25 Feb 2018|
|Chief Risk Officer at Habib Bank Ltd||Kabul||11 Mar 2018|
|Loan Officer at FMFB||Bamian||22 Feb 2018|
|Loan Officer at FMFB||Kabul||24 Feb 2018|
|Murabaha Loan Officer at Mutahid Development Finance Institution||Herat||21 Feb 2018|
|Branch Manager at Mutahid Development Finance Institution||Balkh||21 Feb 2018|
|Training Officer at Mutahid Development Finance Institution||Kabul||21 Feb 2018|
|Credit Administrator at FMFB||Kabul||20 Feb 2018|
|Regional Manager at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Legal Head at Ghazanfar Bank||Kabul||21 Feb 2018|
|Senior IS Audit Officer at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|