Procurement Management Specialist(1217 Views)
About GEO-CHEM Middle East - Afghanistan
Who we are
GEO-CHEM Middle East is a multinational fuel testing company which is operating in 37 countries of the globe. GEO-CHEM Middle East is registered with Afghanistan Investment Support Agency (AISA), under License No. I – 11999. GEO-CHEM Middle East started its operations in Afghanistan in October 2012 through a contract with Afghanistan National Standard Authority (ANSA) of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan to test fuel, lubrications and gas entering to Afghanistan for quality control. GEO-CHEM Middle East’s main office is located in Kabul while sites offices are established in the seven ports/borders in the compound of Afghanistan’s border custom houses.
The Head Quarter is located in Dubai City, United Arab Emirate (UAE).
The Procurement Management Specialist works under overall guidance of the COO and receive guidance from head of technical department. The Procurement Management Specialist will be mainly responsible of ensuring transparency and compliance to applicable rules of procurement. The role of the Procurement Management Specialist is to provide technical services to procurement process of goods, works and consultancy procurement on timely manner, and ensure procurement plan is implemented on timely manner.
|Date Posted:||21 Sep 2016||Reference:||1299-GCME-2016|
|Closing Date:||20 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Procurement||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
I. General Duties:
• Responsible for procurement planning and tendering process for goods, services, consultancies and works procurement;
• Provide effective procurement services and advice to technical departments and COO;
• Training and Sharing Knowledge to project staffs;
II. Specific responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to;
• Develop and improve GCME Afghanistan procurement policies and ensure it is communicated, trained and implemented by procurement team and relevant departments;
• Support the development of operational and administrative procurement plans;
• Full compliance of procurement activities with GCME Afghanistan rules, regulations, policies and guidelines;
• Timely preparation of bidding document and evaluation report(s) for sub-projects; Implementation of proper monitoring and control of procurement processes including organization of NCB, RFPs, Direct Contracting or Shopping, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with the GCME Afghanistan rules and regulations;
• Implementation of effective internal control, and ensuring functionality of procurement management system;
• Carry out technical, commercial and legal aspects of procurement;
• Provide guidance to procurement staff and assist them to conduct bidding process under established GCME Afghanistan agreements;
• Coordinate to ensure all administrative procurement requirements are met;
• Review/evaluate bidding documents within certain threshold values;
• Act as a point of reference for procurement of issues, and as a focal point to communicate technical relevant issues;
• Implementation of contract strategy in the section including bidding processes and evaluation, contractor appraisal, legal considerations and risk assessment;
a) Training and Sharing Knowledge
• Liaise with Project Coordinator in the development of annual procurement training programs;
• Coordinate with the Project Coordinator/ Capacity Building Officer in the development of procurement training materials and conduct regular procurement training sessions on relevant selection process and procurement management issues;
• Support and contribute to capacity building in the regional offices through conducting workshops to address specific issues as guided by the COO;
b) Monitoring Compliance, and Reporting
• Assist the Technical Department with the development and implementation of any plan to correct identified non-compliance issues;
• Prepare and submit variety of procurement reports to the Technical Department head;
• Assist in the preparation and perform initial quality assurance check of any compliance/monitoring reports, data requested by the project as well as the GCME Afghanistan;
• Liaise with contract section on preparation contract terms and conditions;
3. Key Performance Indicators/ Controls:
• Development and implementation of procurement policy in collaboration with contract department and other technical units;
• Ensure transparent, standard and corruption free tendering processes
• Training of procurement and technical staffs;
4. Final Product
• All procurement process for GCME Afghanistan sub-projects are successfully implemented based on approved Procurement Plan;
• The Standard Operating Procedure document is formulated and developed for Procurement Unit;
• Familiarity with INGOs, WB, UN or GoA procurement procedures;
• Working knowledge of MS Office packages (MS Project especially), with advanced Excel skills;
• Excellent English skills, both written and verbal. Fluent in Dari and Pashtu, both written and verbal;
• Demonstrated ability to training and build capacity of counterparts;
• Be able and willing to travel to all provinces within Afghanistan;
• Ability to pay attention to details and patience;
• Ability to overcome challenges and work in difficult work environments/conditions;
• Be willing and able to meet tight deadlines and work long hours when required;
• Bachelor in Business Administration, Business Management, and Civil Engineering is required;
• Master degree or professional certification at the field is an asset.
b) Work Experience
• At least 5 years’ experience as a Procurement Officer or equivalent position;
• At least 2 years’ experience in a large scale developing and infrastructure programs;
• Previous experience with INGOs, Companies, UN, WB Agencies or an international organization is essential;
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Management
Please send your CV before closing date of 20 October 2016 with a covering letter explaining how you meet the required competencies. Interested applicants should submit their applications in writing (clearly indicating on the sealed envelope the title of the position) to: Human Resources Department, GEO-CHEM Middle East, Shahre Naw, Haji Yaqoub Square, Kabul Business Center, 7th Floor, Kabul Afghanistan.
Or email their applications (indicating on the subject line the title of the position and vacancy number of the position applied for) to below given email address.
For more detailed information about GEO-CHEM Middle East please visit our website www.geochem.af
NOTE: Kindly make sure to write the position title and vacancy number in the subject line of your emails, otherwise your CVs may not be considered for the further process.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for test and interview.
We encourage you to apply immediately as we review resumes and conduct interviews on a daily basis.
|More jobs in this category|
|Procurement Associate at UN-Habitat||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|Procurement Officer at Ministry of Education (MoE)||Kabul||28 Jan 2017|
|Projects Procurement Coordinator for MoMP/Sup.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||04 Feb 2017|
|Hospital Procurement Senior Advisor at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||29 Jan 2017|