Midwife Trainer(943 Views)
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
In this context, MSF is recruiting a Midwife trainer for a replacement and to reinforce its pool of replacement
|Date Posted:||01 Oct 2016||Reference:||142|
|Closing Date:||22 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||Health/Medical||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||37430 to 0 AFG|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||1 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Midwife Trainer will work under the direct supervision of the Midwife Activity Manager.
1. Be present in the departments and closely observe the clinical- and professional performances of the midwives
2. Assist the department supervisors in identification of training needs for all midwives
3. Organize, facilitate and provide theoretical trainings in collaboration with the Learning & Development Department and all maternity department supervisors.
4. Provide daily bed-side training
5. Support and coaching of midwife on- the- job in the different maternity departments.
6. Assist the department supervisors in improving professional-and ethical behaviour of the midwives
Good organizational skills (punctuality, planning skills, …);
- Excellent communication skills (confident speaker in front of groups, professional, culturally appropriate communication towards colleagues, patients and superiors);
- Good team spirit;
- Motivated to work in a difficult and challenging work environment;
- Flexible and capable of adapting to rapid changing needs and circumstances;
- Sense of responsibility and care, respect for patient confidentiality and medical ethics
- Fully achieved diploma in Midwifery
- >1 year experience as a midwife in emergency obstetrics care (labour-,delivery-, postpartum, and new-born care)
- Previous experience as Midwife trainer is an asset
- Basic level of English (spoken and written) B1
- At least 21 years old
WORKING HOURS AND SALARY
FULL TIME POSITION: OFFICE HOURS SATURDAY TO WEDNESDAY
SALARY: 37,430 AFN (non-negotiable)
Afghanistan - Khost
The interested candidates should submit their applications before the October 22nd 2016 at 4 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details and with supporting documents (certificates, diplomas etc.) to Médecins Sans Frontières, Administration department, Khost Project via
a sealed envelope to Administration department, MSF Khost Maternity Hospital, Matun Road 9, Khost City
THE REFERENCE MIDWIFE TRAINER MUST BE STATED IN THE APPLICATION TO BE VALID. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any
fee, he/she must report to MSF Administration through the recruitment contact.
|More jobs in this category|
|داکتر) متخصص) آنکولوژی دا.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||22 Feb 2017|
|نرس آنکولوژی at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||22 Feb 2017|
|Post Marketing Surveillance Advisor Re Ad at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||22 Feb 2017|
|Medical Officer ( Blood Bank ) at French Medical Institute for Mothers an..||Kabul||15 Mar 2017|
|De-worming Campaign Consultant at Ministry of Education (MoE)||Kabul||20 Feb 2017|
|پروگرام آموزشی، اکمال تخ.. at French Medical Institu..||Kabul||02 Mar 2017|
|MEDICAL DOCTOR (MALE ONLY) at DK - German Medical Diagnostic Center Ltd.||Kabul||21 Mar 2017|
|Nurse (Male/Female) at DK - German Medical Diagnostic Center Ltd.||Kabul||21 Mar 2017|
|Postgraduate Medical Education Residency Prog.. at French Medical Institu..||Kabul||02 Mar 2017|