Office Associate(3015 Views)
About Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
The mandate of FAO
The mandate of FAO in Afghanistan is to support agricultural and environmental rehabilitation and assist the country to become a food secure and self-reliant nation in accordance with the principles of the National Development Framework of the Afghan Government.
the development agenda belongs to the people of Afghanistan
the private sector is the principal instrument of economic growth
decision making is participatory and community-based
investment in human capital is essential
donor-funded activities must sit within the sector framework
The objective of the Organization is to improve livelihoods for all sections of the rural community based upon economically viable activities â€“ food production, off-farm employment and trade - social cohesion and sustainable use of natural resources.
FAO works with three counterpart ministries â€“ the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock, the Ministry of Energy and Water and the Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development. The FAO Representation is based in Kabul with regional offices in Herat, Jalalabad, Kandahar, Mazar-i-Sharif and Faizabad and subregional offices in Bamyan, Farah, Ghazni and Kunduz.
The Office Associate leads and coordinates the office- and management support functions of the Office. He/she ensures the smooth flow of office work and information by setting priorities and organizing the day-to-day work. The job role requires in-depth knowledge and interpretation of office policies, procedures and practices. The incumbent provides procedural guidance to managers and staff in the division/ department or location.
The Office Associate reports to the FAO Representative and he/she will receive guidance from the Assistant FAOR Administration and Programme as well as Senior Operations Officer. Work is performed autonomously, showing a high degree of initiative and independent judgment. Supervision received is focused on facilitating service delivery. The incumbent effectively organizes and supervises other office support staff and provides relevant guidance and training.
The incumbent maintains a wide range of contacts with managers, staff and counterparts both within and outside the Organization. Work relations may be on a high organizational level, requiring very good communication skills and experienced handling of issues.
|Date Posted:||03 Oct 2016||Reference:||FAO/KBL/CO/GS/01-2016|
|Closing Date:||01 Nov 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||6 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Analyze, manage and monitor a large and diversified volume of complex correspondence and documentation, often of confidential and sensitive nature; ensure appropriate routing, reply, prioritization, accuracy, consistency, informal translation and timeliness; bring complex, sensitive or priority issues to the supervisor’s attention;
• Provide information and guidance to staff at all levels within the organizational unit; ensure understanding of intent and deadlines;
• Arrange appointments and duty travels, maintain supervisor’s calendar and receive visitors;
• Organize high-level meetings, finalize agendas and invitations, ensure the production and distribution of documentation, take notes and prepare minutes, and follow up on required actions;
• Organize and coordinate the work performed by other office support staff; coordinate activities across the division, including divisional issues, deadlines and other requests;
• Establish internal procedures and tracking systems for correspondence and documents; verify that work is done in accordance with corporate standards; monitor work progress;
• Respond to written inquiries and draft responses to non-routine questions; coordinate responses to sensitive enquiries on behalf of the supervisor;
• Follow up on the preparation of reports, correspondence, briefing notes and other documents; review documents and make changes to their format or style in accordance with standard practices; conduct research and prepare briefing materials for the supervisor; provide informal translations into another official language;
• Evaluate ongoing support requirements of the office, adapt service provision to meet changing needs and solve operational problems as required;
• Ensure the initiation of a variety of transactions in the organization’s computerized administrative systems;
• Perform other duties as required.
Impact of work
The incumbent’s work impacts directly on the smooth and efficient operations of the Office. He/she plays a lead role in the coordination and provision of the office support services for the successful achievement of the Division's mandate.
• Thorough knowledge of the communication and documentation standards
• Thorough knowledge of computerized financial / travel / human resources systems
• Thorough knowledge of organizational structure, administrative procedures and policies and matters of protocol
• Through knowledge of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) business management software (e.g. Oracle, SAP)
• Extent of experience in the field of office management and required knowledge of administration, finance, procurement and programme, preferably with international organizations
• ( this is already in the core competencies under communication)( see teamwork under competencies- it is covered)Demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision
Education: Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Management, English Literature, Economics, Agriculture or a closely related field.
Experience: Five years of relevant experience in management- and office support work,
Languages: Working knowledge (Level C) of English and local language Dari.
IT Skills: Very good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Management
HOW TO APPLY
Interested Afghan nationals should complete the FAO Personal History Form (PHF) and submit it along with their application letterer and CV to the email address given below, clearly mentioning the post title and vacancy announcement number (Office Associate / FAO/KBL/CO/GS/01-2016) in the subject line of the email, otherwise your email will not be consider for further process.
Please submit your application to below email address:
NOTE: Applicant who failed to attach the FAO Personal History Form (PHF) their Application will not be considered for further process.
The above required documents can also be submitted in writing (marked “Confidential” and clearly indicating on the Sealed
envelope the Vacancy Announcement Number, Postal Title, Your Name and Date of Submission ) to: the Assistant FAO Representative (Administration), FAO Representation, Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock, Jamal Mina, Opposite Kabul University, Kabul, Afghanistan.
The FAO PH Form can be downloaded using the following internet link:
The last date for receiving applications is 01 November, 2016. Please note that applications received after closing date will not be
given consideration. Only short listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for test/interview.
• Candidates may be required to undergo a written test
• Application received after closing date will not be consider for further process.
• Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview/test.
• Please make sure to sign the first page of your PHF while sending your application for the vacant post.
• Do not forget to write the post title and VA number on subject of your email.
• Regret letter will only be sent to interviewed candidates.
Qualified Female is Particularly Encouraged to Apply!
|More jobs in this category|
|Office Cleaner at NVDA/MAIL||Nangarhar||23 Dec 2017|
|Customer Service Specialist at ACD||Kabul||22 Dec 2017|
|Technical Assistant for H.E Minister's Office at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||25 Dec 2017|
|Internal control officer at Afghanistan Cricket Board||Kabul||19 Dec 2017|
|Head of System Development at Afghanistan Cricket Board||Kabul||19 Dec 2017|
|Development Program Specialist (Donor Coordin.. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||26 Dec 2017|
|Domestic Cricket Operations Officer at Afghanistan Cricket Board||Kabul||17 Dec 2017|
|Accountability & Gender Officer _ MEAL at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Kabul||23 Dec 2017|
|Team Assistant (Secretary) at World Health Organization||Kabul||21 Dec 2017|
|Database Developer at Counter Narcotics Justices Centre (CNJC)||Kabul||25 Dec 2017|
|EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT at Ace Hardware||Kabul||25 Dec 2017|