AutoCAD/GIS Technician(1091 Views)
FSI-AFGHANISTAN Specializes in Camp Management, Project Management, and is a branch of FSI-Worldwide which have a main office at 2602 Reef Tower, Jumeirah Lake Towers, P.O. Box 213541 in Dubai, UAE. FSI Worldwide is a workforce solutions specialist operating globally across multiple industries.
FSI has a broad experience and understanding of the international labour markets, which coupled with a proven operational capability, delivers our clients successful and efficient workforces.
• Reporting to the Director Information Technology, the GIS Technician will support the ongoing maintenance and dissemination of data and applications in the GIS environment. Reporting to the Director, Information Technology the GIS Technician will work with various municipal departments to ensure that their needs for GIS Information are met on a day to day basis.
• The incumbent will be regularly assist with survey and CAD related data for assessments and data input.
|Date Posted:||04 Oct 2016||Reference:||FSIA/SPY008|
|Closing Date:||20 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the on-going spatial data maintenance and dissemination, end-user support
• and the generation of maps and other GIS reports and information product;
• Provide technical expertise related specifically to asset management;
• Responsible for the creation of as-built municipal drawings using AutoCAD;
• Responsible for the compiling and organizing GIS data from maps, databases and other sources;
• Responsible for the collection of data in the field using Global Positioning System (G.P.S.) units;
• Responsible for the collection and conversion of mapping resources and data;
• Responsible for the daily input and editing of municipal infrastructure;
• Conduct programmatic and manual analysis and create reports and thematic maps on the data within the GIS;
• Ensure that quality assurance on new or revised data conforms to standards laid out in the Geo Database, or any other applicable standard or policy;
• Responsible for the conversion, import and export data in and out of the GIS system;
• Direct the preparation of regular status reports, highlighting GIS issues requiring attention;
• Create and document procedures and metadata definitions.
• 2+ years of related experience with Geographic Information System or related field
• Bachelor degree in Geographic Information Systems, Computer Sciences, Engineering Technology, or equivalent;
• Fluency in writing and speaking English and Dari is required
• Professionally knowledge of Ms. Office package, Auto Cad and any other related geographic designing software is required
Afghanistan - Kabul
All interested applicants are requested to submit their updated CV/Resume along with a Letter of Interest (LI) to the following POC (Point of Contact);
|More jobs in this category|
|DATA MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST at DAI||Kabul||04 Jul 2017|
|IT Technician at FHI 360 - USWDP Project||Kandahar||01 Jul 2017|
|UX – UI Designer at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW)||Kabul||30 Jun 2017|
|Supervisor (Data Quality GIS/MIS Data) at DACAAR||Kabul||14 Jul 2017|
|Information, Communication and Technology (IC.. at Futures Group Global O..||Kabul||25 Jun 2017|
|Marketing manager at Gega Light ICT Solutions Company||Kabul||31 Jul 2017|
|IT Officer at Middle East International Service Contractors Consultancy||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2017|