Internal Audit Officer(1583 Views)
About OFWMP / MAIL
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is implementing “On Farm Water Management (OFWM)” Project, financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF), in five (5) regions, namely: Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Balkh (Mazar-i-Sharif), Baghlan and Heart
The overall development objective (PDO) of the OFWM-Project is to improve agricultural productivity in the Project Areas by enhancing the efficiency of water used.
A Kabul-based Project Management Unit (PMU) headed by the Project Manager, with the assistance of Core Team of Specialists, is responsible for execution of the project. Five Area Teams: one each in Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Mazar-i-Sharif (Balkh), Bamyan and Heart, have been established for implementation of field activities.
The project started its implementation from March, 2011 for a period of 3 years and is being monitored by Worlds Bank. The project closing date has recently been extended up to April 2016. The project has received additional fund from the World Bank (the Bank) and the period of the OFWMP has been extended to December 2019.
Part A: On-Farm Water Management
1. Carrying out social mobilization for the establishment of Irrigation Associations (IAs) in the Project Areas, including, inter alia, the provision of: (a) training to communities in organization and management of IAs; (b) facilitation services for communities to develop the IAs’ internal legal rules and regulations (by-laws); (c) assistance to IAs in order for them to be registered under the Water Law (1388); and (d) technical training to IAs regarding water distribution, maintenance of irrigation infrastructure, irrigation methods, water-saving techniques, crop-water requirements, and good agronomic practices.
2. (a) Carrying out rehabilitation works to small irrigation schemes or tertiary canals (watercourses) covering approximately 40,000 hectares in total in the Project Areas, including, inter alia: (a) rehabilitation of existing intakes, (b) canal lining; (c) construction of control structures and outlets; (d) construction of, culverts, laundry basins and cattle troughs; and
(b) Improving design standards and strengthening the private sector’s capacity for contract management and construction techniques.
3. Establishing easily accessible pilot irrigation demonstration sites in the Project Areas to showcase improved water management practices/technology and agronomic water saving techniques/measures, as well as proper farm planning and layout for an efficient use of irrigation water.
Part B: Institutional Strengthening and Capacity Building of MAIL
Developing the institutional capacity of MAIL to plan, design, implement and monitor irrigation programs, including, inter alia: (a) construction and/or renovation of office buildings, one each in Kabul, Jalalabad, Baghlan, Mazar-e-Sharif and Herat, respectively for MAIL and Project staff; (b) strengthening of MAIL’s Directorate of Irrigation at national, provincial and district levels; (c) strengthening the legal framework for the irrigation sector, (d) developing a national irrigation program, (e) undertaking of technical training in the irrigation sector including study tours transferring on-farm water management know-how; and (f) developing a database covering irrigation systems throughout the country.
Part C: Project Management, Coordination, Monitoring & Evaluation
Strengthening the institutional capacity of MAIL for Project implementation, policy development, and technical innovation, monitoring and evaluation, by establishing and maintaining a Project Implementation Unit comprised of a Kabul-based core team, five (5) Project Area Teams and internationally recruited experts.
Part D: Support for Productivity Enhancement
1. Establishing easily accessible pilot irrigation demonstration sites in the Project Area to showcase improved water management practices/technology and agronomic water saving techniques/measures, improved agronomic and social management practices, as well as proper farm planning and layout for an efficient use of irrigation water.
2. Promoting land leveling and high-efficiency irrigation technologies in the Project Area.
3. Establishing Information Centers for farmers at the provincial and district level in the Project Area.
|Date Posted:||05 Oct 2016||Reference:||MAIL/OFWMP/41|
|Closing Date:||28 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Overall facilitation; to maintain financial compliances in the organization through the financial auditing and advising the financial management team for enhancing the system
• Gain an understanding of risk areas, their impacts and provide recommendations for overcoming the risk factors
• Following up on the implementation of current and previous years, audit current and previous years’ transactions, record, and report any observation and provide recommendations
• Regularize finance functions, updated them with the need and demand of time based decisions
• Review payments system like authorization of budget holder, procurement procedures and compliance of payments
• Discuss observations, give feedback and recommendations
• Review, discuss and report Financial Management issues to/with the Project Director
• Planning and executing auditing in accordance with accepted standards and procedures of the government of Afghanistan and the World Bank.
• Reporting field audit findings and making recommendations for correcting unsatisfactory conditions and improving operations
• Preparing the monthly, quarterly and annual plan of Internal Audits and conducing audit accordingly and following up on the action points of previous audit reports
• Conducting appropriate Audits maintain files and keep proper documentations
• Attending Audit meetings, and work closely with MAIL Audit Team.
• Help building the capacity of the MAIL staff in Audit Process processes.
• The Internal Audit will report to the MAIL Audit Director or Deputy Minister any serious weaknesses, significant fraud or major accounting breakdown discovered during the normal course of audit work.
• To perform any other duties if required
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Relevant degree in (accounting, finance, and professional accountancy qualification is desirable)
• At least Four years related working experience in Audit section
• Sound documentation and reporting skills, in English and Local language
• Demonstrated experience of leading and managing a team
• Excellent knowledge of computer MS Office
• Good communication skills in Dari , Pashto and English
• Team player
• Understanding and sensitivity to cross cultural issues
• Frequently visits to the field
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
Send your CV to:
On-Farm Water Management Project, MAIL, Pamir Building 7th floor.
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock,
Address: Kabul University Road, Kabul, Afghanistan
Note: No resume will be taken under consideration without having an Application .
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for written test and interviews
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Finance Officer at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||06 May 2017|
|Finance Officer at DABS||Kabul||13 May 2017|
|Corporate Services Director at CARD-F||Kabul||28 Apr 2017|
|Financial Analyst at Afghanistan Holding Group||Kabul||06 May 2017|
|Senior Finance Officer at CARD-F||Kabul||25 Apr 2017|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|
|Senior Public Financial Management Specialist.. at UMASS - USWDP||Kabul||04 May 2017|
|Sr. Public Financial Management Specialist (P.. at UMASS - USWDP||Kabul||01 May 2017|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Aug 2018|
|AFMIS Officer for MoMP/Finance & Accounting D.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||02 May 2017|
|Accounting Trainer at HELP FROM GERMANY||Herat||28 Apr 2017|
|Re-Announce Deputy CFO/KED at DABS||Kabul||29 Apr 2017|
|Country Accountant at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Kabul||24 Apr 2017|
|Internal Audit at Investone Corps Inc||Kabul||29 Apr 2017|
|Finance & Accounting Manager at Vision Financial Services||Kabul||12 May 2017|
|Treasury Manager at Vision Financial Services||Kabul||12 May 2017|
|Finance Officer at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Helmand||23 Apr 2017|
|ACCOUNTANT at OKS Group Logistics||Kabul||30 Apr 2017|
|Financial Analyst at Afghanistan Broadcasting System (Oqaab)||Kabul||30 Apr 2017|