Poultry Extension Agent(706 Views)
Comprehensive Agriculture and Rural Development – Facility (CARD-F) aims to increase employment, income and business opportunities primarily targeting rural masses through the design, facilitation and implementation of commercially viable value chains supplemented with rural infrastructure projects in the target provinces of Afghanistan. CARD-F provides needs-based services and support to create and sustain licit businesses in rural communities by providing alternative livelihood opportunities. As a model of cross-ministry collaboration, CARD-F works under the patronage of an Inter-Ministerial Committee (IMC) that consists of the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock, the Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development, the Ministry of Counter Narcotics and the Ministry of Finance. The IMC is led by the Ministry of Counter Narcotics.
Funded by the British and Danish government, CARD-F seeks to diminish poppy cultivation and empowers rural communities and strengthens their economic standing through Economic Development Packages (EDP), especially customized packages to support critical value chains, identify bottlenecks and provide solutions. EDPs are implemented in two different modalities, through implementing partners and direct implementation unit of CARD-F.
The Facility supports development of agricultural growth opportunities and complementary investments such as infrastructure, processing and marketing. CARD-F phase II ends in December 2018.
The Extension Agent will work under the direct supervision of poultry specialist and overall supervision of the Project Manager.
|Date Posted:||08 Oct 2016||Reference:||CARD-F/KST/63/16|
|Closing Date:||22 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist the project specialists in beneficiary selection process and conducting beneficiary surveys;
• Provide extension services to project beneficiaries on regular basis;
• Adopt and demonstrate the best management practices in the poultry sector. This will be done after the Extension Agent is trained by the proejct specialist;
• Conduct various technical field trainings for the poultry farmers at district level and provide them technical advises on regular basis;
• Prepare and implement seasonal calendar of poultry activities for the targeted beneficiaries;
• Collect required data from poultry farmers on regular basis, enter the data into the excel spreadsheet and report to the project specialists;
• Must be prepared to work and frequently travel to the project sites;
• Undertake any other task assigned by poultry specialist and Project Manager.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Have a good knowledge of communities and villages in Khost province;
• Possess good interpersonal skills and communication abilities;
• Well organised, with the ability to properly record and store data;
• Be familiar with major poultry diseases and its management approaches;
• Committed and punctual, both in the office and in field activities;
• Team player, with the ability to work with limited direct supervision;
• Have a basic understanding of the English language.
• Candidate applying for the position of Extension Agent (Poultry) must have university degree in veterinary sciences.
• Specialization in poultry disciplines is desirable.
• Candidates applying for this position must have relevant technical knowledge and at least two years experience in poultry sector.
• Knowledge of local context is mandatory thus candidates from Khost are highly encouraged to apply.
Afghanistan - Khost
Bachelors Degree, Agriculture
Please read the submission steps in order to have a successful application.
By Electronic submission:
Ideally, you should apply electronically by sending your CV and a one-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position to:
Please SPECIFY ONLY VA number (CARD-F/KST/63/16) in the subject line of your Email
DO NOT attach any other documents and certificates only Application Form, Your CV and Cover letter
By Hard Copy:
Alternatively, you may submit a hard copy of Employment Application Form, your CV and a one-page covering letter in an envelope marked “Confidential”. Please note clearly on the envelope the VA number and position for which you are applying for. The envelope should be addressed to:
CARD-F Office, Evergreen Building, Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and Livestock, Kart-e-Sakhi Square, Jamal Meena, Kabul, Afghanistan.
1. Candidates from Khost province will be given preference:
2. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
3. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Livestock Specialist at Agroindust||Kabul||09 Dec 2016|