English - Dari - Russian Translator for Mes Aynak Archaeological Project(1545 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum
The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum has received a grant from the World Bank toward the cost of achieving Sustainable Development of Natural Resources in Afghanistan. The Project is being implemented through a Program Management Unit (PMU) within the Ministry of Mines & Petroleum. The PMU is now seeking well qualified individual consultant for the position of English - Dari - Russian Translator for Mes Aynak Archaeological Project.
Under the Mes Aynak Archaeological Project, the translator will receive a fixed amount of documents in Dari and Russian language that will need to be translated into English language. All the documents are related to archaeological and conservation records of the project. The language and terms employed should be consistent with the jargon utilized in these fields.
|Date Posted:||09 Oct 2016||Reference:||MoMP/PMU/CT-II- 51-a|
|Closing Date:||22 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Translation||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 5 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Proficiency to translate document written in either Dari or Russian into English language.
• Capacity to translate concepts as well as words associated with the fields of archaeology, conservation and logistics.
• Writing and editing skills, as the translator may need to rework sentences so that the translated material is cohesive and easily readable.
• The translator will need to reside within the premises of the excavation project, as regular communication will need to be exchanged with the acting coordinator of the project to ensure that translations retain the content, meaning, and feeling of the original material.
• The Translator will report to Mes Ayank Archaeology Team Leader and PMU Executive Director.
• Proficiency in English, Dari and Russian languages both written and spoken especially written;
• 3 to 5 years proven work experience in interpretation or translation in English, Dari and Russian languages;
• Preferably with an advanced degree in languages, interpretation or translation;
• Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office, in particular Word, PowerPoint and Excel applications is required.
• Excellent interpersonal skill and communicational skills;
• Ability to meet deadlines and work long hours;
Afghanistan - Logar
Expressions of interest (including CV and three referees) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 22 October 2016, at 15:00 hrs. Reference MoMP/PMU/CT-II-51-a must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Program Management Unit (PMU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Waheed Khalili,
Afghanistan Geological Survey Building (AGS), 2nd floor, Annex,
Close to Abdul Haq roundabout, 3rd Macrorayan, Kabul, Afghanistan.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 789 22 14 42
|More jobs in this category|
|Translater at Afghanistan Holding Group||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|