Archaeologist for Mes Aynak Archaeological Project(1162 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum
The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum has received a grant from the World Bank toward the cost of achieving Sustainable Development of Natural Resources in Afghanistan. The Project is being implemented through a Program Management Unit (PMU) within the Ministry of Mines & Petroleum. The PMU is now seeking well qualified individual consultant for the position of Archaeologist for Mes Aynak Archaeological Project.
Under the Mes Aynak Archaeological Project a large archaeological site dating between the 2nd and 6th century needs to be surveyed, excavated and recorded within a determined period of time. For this reason, the project is looking for local (Afghan) archaeologists that have had previous experience in field excavations, preferably from the Kushan and/or Sassanid Empire periods. They are expected to record their findings following the established methodology already in place at the MAAP which will be provided and explained prior to any excavation.
|Date Posted:||09 Oct 2016||Reference:||MoMP/PMU/CT-II- 124 - 56|
|Closing Date:||22 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Technical||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 5 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• The Archaeologist will be required to supervise a team of workmen and carry out the excavation of the area assigned to him.
• The Archaeologist will keep an updated record on a daily basis of his archaeological work, while additional recording of the material analysis will take place on the camp area.
• Experience and ability to work in teams on the particular technical area.
• Ability to work without close supervision and take initiative in his own area of responsibility.
• To prepare a working plan for the completion of the tasks commanded, expressed in timetables and including all materials required for its completion.
• Capacity to prepare regular reports in English language (written and with photographic records) on the work being carried out.
• The Archaeologist will need to reside within the premises of the excavation project.
• The Archaeologist will report to Mes Ayank Archaeology Team Leader and PMU Executive Director.
• A bachelor degree in the fields of archaeology or similar related field.
• 2 years work experience in field excavation, preferably on sites from the Kushan and Sassanid Empire periods.
• Preferably knowledgeable in the use of topographic level machine, photographic equipment, computer systems, and recording methodology.
• Capacity to work in teams and administrate a workforce of 20 workmen.
• Capacity to prepare regular reports in English language of the work being carried out and of future working plans.
• Basic computer skills relevant to the position.
Afghanistan - Logar
Expressions of interest (including CV and three referees) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 22 October 2016, at 15:00 hrs. Reference MoMP/PMU/CT-II-124-56 must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Program Management Unit (PMU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Waheed Khalili,
Afghanistan Geological Survey Building (AGS), 2nd floor, Annex,
Close to Abdul Haq roundabout, 3rd Macrorayan, Kabul, Afghanistan.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 789 22 14 42
|More jobs in this category|
|PPP Senior Technical Specialist for ACAA at Directorate General Public Pr..||Kabul||07 Mar 2018|
|Technical Officer (Teaching Learning) at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||04 Mar 2018|
|Social Safeguards Specialist at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||03 Mar 2018|
|Environmental Safeguard Officer at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||03 Mar 2018|
|IT-Software at Cyberaan||Kabul||26 Feb 2018|
|Freelance Writer at Afghanistan Holding Group||Kabul||23 Feb 2018|