Surveyor for Mes Aynak Archaeological Project(934 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum
The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum has received a grant from the World Bank toward the cost of achieving Sustainable Development of Natural Resources in Afghanistan. The Project is being implemented through a Program Management Unit (PMU) within the Ministry of Mines & Petroleum. The PMU is now seeking well qualified individual consultant for the position of Surveyor for Mes Aynak Archaeological Project.
The Mes Aynak Archaeological Project extends over an area of 200,000m2. The archaeological information is scattered over an area consisting of a mountain range, a valley and several hills around it; they are traversed by modern and ancient river beds. The site was inhabited throughout a period of over 600 years; hence several layers of material remains have been uncovered. The main task of the surveyor is to use a portable Total Station (Nikkon, model DTM 322) to collect data on the field that will later be transferred to the Auto CAD system in order to prepare maps, architectural layouts by occupation phases, and reports.
|Date Posted:||09 Oct 2016||Reference:||MoMP/PMU/CT-II- 137|
|Closing Date:||22 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Architecture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||0 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 5 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• The surveyor will be required to collect the necessary data in the field for mapping and topographical analysis.
• The specialist will need to model the data collected into Auto CAD for the construction of maps, levels and architectural layouts.
• Experience and ability to work in teams on the particular technical area.
• Ability to work without close supervision and take initiative in his/her own area of responsibility.
• To prepare a working plan for the completion of the tasks commanded, expressed in timetables and including all materials required for its completion.
• Capacity to prepare regular reports in English language (written and with photographic records) on the work being carried out.
• The Surveyor will need to reside within the premises of the excavation project.
• The Surveyor will report to Mes Ayank Archaeology Team Leader and PMU Executive Director.
• A bachelor degree in the fields of surveying, topography or architecture.
• Proven capacity to measure and collect data on specific areas of land, including information about boundaries, buildings and features, both natural and man-made.
• Proficiency in making use of geographical information systems (GIS) to analyze and interpret site features; including data processing, digital mapping and the capacity to interpret the collected data.
• Well versed in the use of computer-aided design (Auto CAD) and other IT software to interpret data and present information.
• Established experience in the use of data from multiple resources, such as aerial photography, 3D modeling and laser beam measuring systems.
• Capacity to think creatively to resolve practical planning and interpret multiple-layered structures.
• Proven expertise in the use of specialized instruments including transit theodolites, total station (Nikkon model DMT 322), altimeters, and GPS systems.
• A background in archaeological surveying and/or architectural mapping is highly desired.
• Excellent writing and communication skills in English.
• Knowledge of Farsi or Dari would be an advantage.
• Experience of working in Afghanistan or in the region will be an advantage.
Afghanistan - Logar
Bachelors Degree, Architecture
Expressions of interest (including CV and three referees) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 22 October 2016, at 15:00 hrs. Reference MoMP/PMU/CT-II-137 must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Program Management Unit (PMU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Waheed Khalili,
Afghanistan Geological Survey Building (AGS), 2nd floor, Annex,
Close to Abdul Haq roundabout, 3rd Macrorayan, Kabul, Afghanistan.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 789 22 14 42
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!