Construction and Engineering Consultant - National(1944 Views)
About Afghanistan Capacity Building for Results Facility (CBR)
Capacity Building for Results “CBR” Project, started since January 2012, aims to support the government’s effort to improve the capacity and performance of core line ministries responsible for national priority programs. The CBR project’s development objective is to assist the government in improving the capacity and performance of select line ministries in carrying out their mandates and delivering services to the Afghan people. This will be achieved through the implementation of specific capacity and institution building programs, which include systematic monitoring of and reporting on results.
Capacity Building for Results (CBR) Project Support Unit of the Ministry of Finance would like to recruit a qualified Construction and Engineering Consultant for Ministry of Urban Development Affairs to work at the construction directorate of MuDA with the following duties and responsibilities.
Under the instruction of Construction and Engineering Director, The Construction and Engineering Consultant will develop construction and engineering standards in alignment with ANSA codes of standards, provide a high level of competency in designing and developing the strategic work plan for the directorate according to the key result area of the directorate.
|Date Posted:||23 Oct 2016||Reference:||CBR -95-081|
|Closing Date:||24 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Construction||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The individual would be responsible for the following activities:
• Preparing implementation plans in accordance with the directorate specific goals and objectives in alignment of the ministry’s vision, mission and mandate
• Conduct training on the basis of modern requirements using workshops and educational seminars of engineering services
• Delivering engineering advices for the comprehensive strategic work plan; in accordance with national and international standards
• Setting coordination mechanism between engineering departments in designing of construction maps with the rest of the relevant directorate
• Developing & designing policies and procedures for constructing buildings and engineering works
• Assisting, or when required, taking a lead role in the formal review of the technical proposals and specific aspect of the directorate activities
• Upgrading the technical knowledge of civil servant staff considering the required gap and modern tools/technics
• Setting appropriate visa process for constructing buildings, but not limited to national and sub national project including the public and private request
• To Collaborates for making recommendations for improvements of the internal directorate process as necessary via development of logical framework and concept note
• Delivering training to civil servant employees according to the needs of directorate and linking to individual and overall MuDA performance objective
• The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not exhaustive. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties that may be required from time to time within the general scope of the post. Any such duties would not substantially change the general nature of the post.
• Expedited, or when needed, taking a lead role in the development of the competency framework for the staff of directorate with a compressive action plan for each staff member
• Develop action plan for the directorate to meet the Ministry’s vision/mission and strategy
• Proposing the simplification of the identified business process within the Directorate for the approval of the Sr. Management; which shall not be in duplication and or against the approved by the current laws of the country
• Training standards, norms in the areas of construction for the civil servant employees
• Developing the relevant construction policy for private and public sector request. This would not be limited to design and develop the framework for building, roads, and different area of the directorate key result area.
• Developing a logical framework and concept note for recommendations on the reform of the construction department
The Construction and Engineering Consultant would have the following:
• Bachelor and/or Master degree or above is required in civil and structure construction field;
• At least 5 years of working experiences in construction projects;
• The software uses skills, especially full knowledge of construction software;
• Fluency of command in English, Dari and Pashto language’s
• Outstanding analytical capability;
• Shall be competent and have an aptitude in managing operations;
• Shall have excellent interpersonal skills;
• Familiarity with administrative procedures of Government Sector;
• Shall have the flexibility and the ability to work under stress and within limited time frames.
Reporting & Supervision: The Construction and Engineering Consultant will be reporting to the Construction and Engineering Director.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Construction
Interested candidates should submit their applications by e-mail or in writing (marked confidential and clearly indicating on the sealed envelope the vacancy announcement number) to:
CBR PROJECT SUPPORT UNIT (PSU), Budget Department, Ministry of Finance, Pashtoonistan Watt, Kabul, .
Attn: HR Unit – MoF PSU
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!