Cluster Coordinator(1317 Views)
About IDS Hamkaar
IDS Afghanistan is a leading provider of social science research and analysis throughout Afghanistan. IDS Afghanistan combines local, regional, and cultural expertise with international standards in communications, research, and analysis. We strive to enable governments, the international community, civil society, and private sector to build strategies and decisions that are evidence-based and anchored in a fine balance of local realities and international imperatives.
|Date Posted:||09 Oct 2016||Reference:||IDSA-027|
|Closing Date:||23 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||M & E||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Under direct supervision of Project Manager
• Coordinate all field activities conducted as requested by the client as well as management unit in Kabul main office
• Support field staff on negotiation of access and timely inform client provincial office in case access problems occur.
• Monitor and review regular sources of information and data required for preparation of reports, e.g., information from field staff daily reports, weekly reports and other narrative reports
• Supervise all M&E staff across and within Kunduz and Baghlan provinces however, having a direct supervision on the provincial team leaders
• Support provincial Team Leaders in the preparation of weekly updates and comprehensive narrative reports in English to the client as well as Kabul main office
• Plan for regular opportunities to identify lessons learned and implications for the project’s next steps. Participate in these events when possible and determines which “lessons learned” constitute best practices – for Lessons Learned report and monthly report
• Review province level monthly narrative reports provided by provincial Team Leaders and consolidate these reports in the monthly narrative report in order to submit to client.
• Stand in as Team Leaders in absence of the incumbent.
• Act as provincial admin/ logistics focal point and responsible for the logistics department in Kabul main office.
• Act as provincial finance focal point and responsible for the finance department in Kabul main office.
• Prepare monthly financial report and submit it to finance department in Kabul main office.
• Perform other duties as may be required.
Staff and Office Management:
• Represent client at the district and provincial level coordination meetings and NGO/INGO
• Manage and supervise the work of the field staff to ensure that client food deliveries are monitored according to the plan and that negotiation of access is conducted where necessary.
• Undertake regular field trips to ensure regular monitoring and timely inspection of storage facilities
• Prepare and provide timely and quality reports to client based on client’s standard formats.
• Timely identify the issue related to food delivery and distribution and address the issue with client provincial offices, local authorities, line department and community to take a corrective measure, in case of food diversions, misuse and looting, report to client’s provincial office immediately for further action.
• Manage and ensure the functionality of the provincial offices within the region
• Keep a close eye on the staff members monitoring the staff performance and report to Kabul main office on lack of performance.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
At least five years of experience in related fields, must have experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, Survey, food aid, report writing or relevant is required.
• Experience in Management and Leadership theories and have planning skills.
• Administrative, organizational, and logistics skills and detail orientation to assure accurate attendance and Monitoring & Evaluation record keeping
• Language proficiency in both oral and written of English language and national languages (Dari or Pashto) is required.
• Ability to prepare clear and concise narrative report in English Language required.
• Familiarity with local government authorities preferable.
• Ability to travel in villages and districts of the provinces required.
• Computer knowledge mainly word processing and Excel Spreadsheet is required.
• Basic understanding of and ability to formulate activities at the community level is required.
• Ability to take direction and comfort working both independently and within a team setting and lead the team
University degree in one of the following areas: Business Administration, Social Science, Economics, Agriculture or relevant is required
Afghanistan - Kunduz
Bachelors Degree, M & E
Only Kunduz residents are eligible to apply for this position.
Please submit complete applications including:
1. Current CV, including three reference persons' contact information
2. Letter of application stating the candidate’s motivation, interest and suitability
3. Write clearly in the subject of your e-mail: mentioned position + Vacancy number
Note: Submission without proper subject line will be discarded from the recruitment process.
Incomplete applications or applications received after the closing date (23-Oct-2016) will not be given consideration.
Do not attach any other documents such as Educational Certificates/Degrees with your application.
Please note that only those applicants who are short-listed will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Officer at FHI 360 - USWDP Project||Kabul||23 Jun 2017|
|Provincial Planning, Monitoring and Reporting.. at Ministry of Education ..||Kabul||02 Jul 2017|
|Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Gender Foc.. at UN-Habitat||Kabul||02 Jul 2017|
|M&E Field Assistant at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||25 Jun 2017|
|M&E and Database Specialist at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||25 Jun 2017|
|Field Monitor at NEI (Nutrition and Education International)||Kabul||29 Jun 2017|