CBR Project Implementation Consultant(1698 Views)
About Afghanistan Capacity Building for Results Facility (CBR)
Capacity Building for Results (CB) Facility Project, which commenced in January 2012, aims to support the government’s effort to improve the capacity and performance of core line ministries responsible for national priority programs. The CBR project’s development objective is to assist the government to improve the capacity and performance of selected line ministries in carrying out their mandates and delivering services to the Afghan people. This will be achieved through the implementation of specific capacity and institution building programs, which include systematic monitoring of and reporting of results.
Capacity Building for Results (CBR) Facility Project Support Unit (PSU) of the Ministry of Finance (MoF) would like to recruit qualified and experienced CBR Project Implementation Consultants to work with key CBR ministries with the following duties and responsibilities.
The Ministry of Finance is responsible for overall implementation progress, monitoring and evaluation, and financing of the CBR Facility. The MoF PSU requires support to advise the PSU Manager on line Ministry progress and Ministry requests for MoF PSU support and to assist the line Ministry in the formulation and implementation of their CBR proposals. The Consultant will act as a critical focal point for discussions between the line Ministry and MoF PSU dealing with issues relating to the implementation of the Ministry CBR Implementation Plan. This is a Senior Position for a senior and dedicated professional. The Consultant will report to the assigned Ministry and CBR-M&E Unitin the Ministry of Finance.
|Date Posted:||09 Oct 2016||Reference:||CBR -95-109|
|Closing Date:||22 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||10||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Consulting||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Consultant will be responsible for the following activities, supporting and leading where necessary:
1. CBR Reform Plan Modification / Improvement
• Support Ministry / Agency to undertake a reform and capacity building needs assessment to identify the strengths, weaknesses opportunities and threats faced by the Ministry in the following areas:
• Mission, Vision of the Ministry, and mandate conflicts with other entities;
• Legal framework (including the mandate, strategy and standard operating procedures);
• Structure of the Ministry / Agency;
• Identifying Service Delivery Models and Business Processes;
• Planning, budgeting and procurement procedures followed by the Ministry.
• Human resource management and development procedures and practices;
• Priority business process simplification actions and corrective measures;
• Work closely with the M&E firm to assess monitoring and evaluation readiness, systems and mechanisms followed by the Ministry;
• Communication, coordination and reporting.
• Support the Ministry in improving the CBR reform proposal highlighting the reform issues identified through the assessment using the proposal development template designed by the CBR project.
• Facilitate meetings / key informant / focus group discussions within different departments and directorates within the Ministry to discuss key issues mentioned under the proposal and work closely with M&E firm to prepare the Line Ministry Results Framework and Work Plan
• Support the Ministry to present the proposal to the CBR steering committee and make necessary modifications (corrective measures) on the basis of the feedback received, including the following elements:
• Ministry mandate coordination and conflict issues, and proposals for resolution
• Ministry Reform Priorities (service delivery model and business processes)
• Civil Service Management Priorities
• Civil Service Training Priorities
• Senior Management Group (Grades 1 to 4) and mid-level changes and performance evaluation
2. CBR PLAN IMPLEMENTATION
• Support the Ministry in implementing the activities as per the approved proposal by the CBR Steering Committee.
• Work closely with the M&E team within the Ministry with technical assistance from CBR-M&E Unit to send regular updates to CBR PSU
3. MONITORING AND EVALUATION AND REPORTING
Under the overall technical guidance of the CBR-PSU-MOF M&E Head and in close collarboration with M&E Firm, the Project Implementation Consultant will:
• Closely monitor the implementation of the CBR program at the Ministry and evaluate of the progress of the activities as stated in the RF, fully in line with the Ministry Results Framework and M&E Guideline;
• In consultation with internal and external stakeholders, manage the end to end tracking and reporting of the Ministry CBR Implementation Plan against agreed targets and deliverables, and report on timely manner using agreed reporting indicators and templates. (This also includes filling the supporting information on the progress of Implementation plan for respected LM both in hard and soft formats.)
• Prepare and conduct a post implementation review and documentation.
• Follow up on outstanding items, document best practices and lessons learned.
The Project Implementation Consultant will support/facilitate the LM to prepare the following deliverables:
• Write Quarterly CBR Implementation Plan progress reports: Track progress and report to relevant stakeholders including identifying and monitoring issues, proposing solutions to issues in collaboration with stakeholders against the agreed CBR Implementation Plan.
• Establish a proper filling system (Both in Hard and Soft Formats) to support progress CBR Implementation plan.
• Minutes of the CBR Implementation assigned team/group. Write the Minutes of the CBR Implementation team / group and follow up and report on Action arising from the meetings.
• Needs Assessment report of the ministry (if required)
• Support submission/presentation of CBR revised Reform proposal to CBR steering committee
The CBR Project Implementation Consultant will have the following:
• Master’s in Public Administration, Public Policy, MBA, Human Resources with five years’ experience OR Bachelor’s degree in Law, Economics, Public Administration, Public Policy or Business Administration with seven years of relevant experience.
• Demonstrated experience in establishing and managing committees.
• Demonstrated experience in establishing, monitoring, resolving data and information issues and reporting, monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
• Demonstrated ability to tailor complex reports to different audiences.
• Fluent in Dari/Pashto and English.
• Computer skills in MS Office package, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
REPORTING & SUPERVISION:
The CBR Project Implementation Consultant will report to the CBR-M&E Unit and Minister of the assigned LM or his / her designee in the assigned LM/Agency
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Management
Interested candidates should submit their applications by e-mail or in writing (marked confidential and clearly indicating on the sealed envelope the vacancy announcement number) to:
CBR PROJECT SUPPORT UNIT (PSU), Budget Department, Ministry of Finance, Pashtoonistan Watt, Kabul, Afghanistan.
Directorate General Budget
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|International consultant for hospital guideli.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||28 May 2017|
|Proposal Writer at Plan Future Consultancy Services||Kabul||07 Jun 2017|