M&E Specialist (Master's Degree Required)(2235 Views)
About IDS Afghanistan
IDS AFGHANISTAN is a leader in complex operations, training and M&E throughout Afghanistan. We strive to enable governments, the international society, and private sector to build strategies decisions that are evidence-based and anchored in a fine balance of local realities and international imperatives.
IDS Afghanistan is currently seeking M&E Specialist for the Eastern, Central regions. The M&E Specialist should be proficient in Smartphone-based data collection which uses English language. The M&E Specialist will also work with the M&E expert to build databases and consolidating data and information and producing reports.
|Date Posted:||19 Oct 2016||Reference:||IDSA-028|
|Closing Date:||31 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||M & E||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the M&E Specialist include:
. Develop M&E System and Logical Framework
. Design and develop databases in different softwares such as Ms.Access, ODK, COBO Box etc
• Travel and conduct frequent site visits to offices, premises and project implementation sites of implementing partners (both governmental and non-governmental organizations) in order to inspect, observe and verify ongoing project activities;
• Collect quantitative and qualitative data and monitor the progress of the project activities and quality of implementation against project work plans using appropriate monitoring measures;
• Examine and verify the stated activity input, output and impact indicators to assess the progress of projects’ activities;
•Prepare, consolidate and submit post-mission reports in the form of checklists and narrative reports, and other weekly, monthly and project completion reports to his/her supervisor.
•Build relevant database (Trackers/Schedule) to consolidate the M&E efforts.
•Provide training on Smartphone based data collection applications and build databases as/when needed.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Strong language skills in Pashto/Dari and English proficiency.
Excellent computer skills essential, including MS Word, Excel, Access, project and database management, statistical packages.
Demonstrated skills in M&E
Excellent communications skill
University graduate: Master’s Degree in relevant field is required.
Experience in Developing databases
Should have good knowledge of provinces of Afghanistan, and can travel to provinces,
Afghanistan - Kabul
Masters Degree, M & E
Please submit complete applications including:
1. Current CV, including three reference persons' contact information
2. Letter of application stating the candidate’s motivation, interest and suitability
3. Write clearly in the subject of your e-mail: mentioned position (M&E Specialist)+ Vacancy number(IDSA-028)
4. Submission without proper subject will be discarded from the process
Incomplete applications or applications received after the closing date (20-Oct-2016) will not be given consideration.
Please note that only applicants who are short-listed will be contacted.
We will commence the short-listing process, as we receive qualified applications.
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist (.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||03 Jun 2018|