HRDBS Communications Specialist(768 Views)
About The Asia Foundation
The Asia Foundation (the Foundation) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization committed to the development of a peaceful, prosperous, just, and open Asia-Pacific region. Drawing on 60 years of experience, the Foundation supports initiatives to improve governance, law and civil society; women's empowerment; economic reform and development; sustainable development and the environment; and international relations. The Asia Foundation has offices in 18 countries throughout Asia and is headquartered in San Francisco. In Afghanistan, the Foundation supports four primary themes: Governance and Law, Women’s Empowerment, Education, and Survey/Research and Knowledge Development.
In the Education department, the Foundation through the support of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), is implementing a six year umbrella project titled Strengthening Education in Afghanistan (SEA-II). The goal of SEA-II is to improve institutional capacity, operations, management, and programming of educational institutions and civil society organizations in Afghanistan that implement activities in line with higher and basic education needs of Afghanistan as expressed in the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and Ministry of Education (MoE) strategic plans as well as the USAID-Afghanistan strategy.
An activity in SEA-II is the strengthening of the Human Resource Development Board (HRDB) capacity. The mandate of HRDB is to serve as a forum for coordination of education and skills development programming among concerned seven Government Ministries including a) Ministry of Education, b) Ministry of Higher Education, c) Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled, d) Ministry of Women’s Affairs, e) Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development, f) Ministry of Public Health and the g) Ministry of Finance. The overall aim of the HRDB is the prioritization of a set of policy reform issues that contribute to an overall improvement in access, retention, quality, and management of human development sector. To that end, the HRDB is concerned with strategic planning, policy debate, stakeholder consultation, as well as oversight of multi-agency / ministerial / department programming and evaluations concerning the development of Afghan Human Resources.
The work of the HRDB is supported by a Secretariat. HRDB Secretariat is based in the Ministry of Education (MoE) and provides technical and administrative support to the Board. They are particularly responsible for planning and executing the Board's annual plan, following-up on Board's decisions, organizing, facilitating, and documenting Board meetings, as well as creating/updating agendas.
At the core of the Secretariat’s activities, Communication is the tool to transpire collaboration, information sharing, prioritization, and policy dialogues among the governmental institutions. Working under the direction of Director HRDB Secretariat, the Communications Specialist will support HRDBS in establishing and maintaining clear and effective lines of communication with Government Ministries (MoE, MoHE, MoLSAMD, MoWA, MoPH, MRRD, MoF) project staff, Development Partners/Donor Community, CSOs/NGOs and local/international consultants and will be responsible for coordinating the communications output among concerned stakeholders.
|Date Posted:||10 Oct 2016||Reference:||VA#50/2016|
|Closing Date:||23 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Communication||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Establish and maintain strong and effective communication between HRDB members, concerned Government Ministries, Technical Working Groups and strengthen efforts to create a 2-way communication;
Provide strategic guidance on communications related needs to HRDBS, and develop an overall HRDB communications strategy with the assistance of International Consultant;
Assist with programmatic external communications including letters to government officials and development stakeholders and outreach materials, ensuring quality and consistent communications;
Help to produce and disseminate regular information about the HRDB approach, impact of interventions, and sustainable planning for the better development of human resources programs;
Assist HRDBS in Developing good practice notes and prepare briefs on specific contributions by the development partners and the concerned ministries;
Edit text for weekly, quarterly, annual reports, presentations and updates for submission to the high management and donors
Ensuring the development of a mechanism to receive regular feedback from the line ministries so that it helps with tweaking HRDBS communication strategy
Assist in crafting messages and dissemination of information for the achievements and results of ministries under HRDB
Support the International consultant by interpreting from local language to English
Organize meetings and disseminate the outcomes through reports, and provide support in internal communication through disseminating minutes of meetings, announcements and updating the contents in HRDB’s official website on regular basis;
Reviewing/editing reports, work plans or other documents, as well as editing materials for facilitating donor, or other key personnel
Contribute to team effort by undertaking additional tasks and responsibilities as
1. Experience in the usage of computers and Microsoft Office software packages (MS Word, PPT, Spreadsheet etc.)
2. Proven ability to write effective official letters, proactive, results oriented, able to identify and carry out duties and responsibilities with minimum supervision.
3. Proven ability in the development of high level communication strategies that are then broken down and implemented at all levels
4. Excellent verbal and written skills in English and one of the national languages
5. Must be able to create a supportive working relationship among all project teams, other government ministries, and development stakeholders
• A bachelor’s degree preferably in Communications, Public Administration, or other relevant field, eexperience in public sector and public administration is desirable.
• Minimum three years of relevant work experience in public relations, public outreach, or communications for development field.
• Minimum of three years of experience in working in the communications area with one or multiple Ministries.
• Knowledge of International Standards in Communications, documentation and project management systems.
• Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work independently, handle a variety of concurrent activities, rank priorities, organize work efficiently, and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints.
• Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills in substantive and technical areas.
• Must be able to create a supportive working relationship among team, other government ministries, and development stakeholders.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, commitment to team work and to working across disciplines
• Ability to expeditiously move the process and overcome hiccups by coordinating with relevant task players.
• Must possess excellent communication skills in English Dari and Pashto both written and spoken.
• Excellent writing, editing and analytical skills and capability of working independently
• Ability to work effectively, take initiative and deliver results, even under pressure
• Ability to plan and execute the tasks and communicate the given tasks with the relevant team.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Qualified applicants should submit a copy of their CV accompanied by a detailed application letter, contact details and completed Biodata 1420 form, no later than October 23, 2016 to Submission Email . Applications without a completed Biodata 1420 form ( Attached to this announcement ) will be automatically disqualified. Please clearly indicate the position applied for in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|External Relations Officer at Afghan Institute for Strategic Studies||Kabul||15 Nov 2016|