Operation/Coordination Officer(1394 Views)
-The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has received a grant from the International Development Agency (IDA) for the Afghanistan Second Skills Development Project (ASDPII). The said project aims to increase the potential for employment and higher earnings of graduates from Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) schools and institutes through improvements in the skills delivery system. The said project consist of four main components, strengthening of the TVET institutional system, Improving performance of TVET Schools and Institutes, Improving Teacher Competencies, and Project Management, Monitoring & Evaluation and Public Awareness.
Under the component 2.4, (Continuing support to selected institutions), the Committee on Education & Skills Policy (CESP) has received fund in order to oversee the structuring, administration and regulation of Education and Training in Afghanistan. Broadly the program is focused on Relevance, Quality Assurance and Efficiency, of Technical Vocational Education Training (TVET).
ASDP is seeking to hire a highly motivated and experienced individual to work under direct supervision of Executive Director of CESP in implementing this component of the mentioned program, s/he will provide overall project administration, coordination and secretariat services to CESP. CESP Coordination/Operation Officer in close collaboration with other MoLSAMD divisions, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Higher Education, international experts and other key stakeholder(s) e.g. the World Bank will be responsible for the following.
The incumbent will be primarily responsible to:
a. Ensure coordination and collaboration with all key stakeholders ( e.g. government ministries and the private sector) on technical and administration matters ;
b. Provide secretariat support to the CESP including strategic advice where necessary;
c. Provide necessary support to achieve the objectives as envisaged above in component one.
|Date Posted:||11 Oct 2016||Reference:||CESP/C-02|
|Closing Date:||25 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the CESP Coordination/Operation Officer will include but not limited to:
a. Project Administration
• Assume full responsibility to manage effectively and efficiently all project administrative activities and resources (human, financial, physical / material assets, etc) in order to meet expected results under the ASDPII;
• Draft activity work plans based on expected project outputs/results;
• Prepare qualitative and substantive progress reports as may be required;
b. Technical, coordination and secretariat services
• Provide CESP Secretariat activities including liaison with designated/relevant ministries /departments and donors at technical level to ensure that all project activities are implemented and project outputs are delivered in an efficient and timely manner;
• Provide technical input to establishment and institutionalization of the regulatory framework to deliver the desired results;
• Contribute to development of the legal instrument(s) formalizing establishment of the Afghanistan National Qualification Authority (ANQA)
• Provide technical contribution in establishment of the Awarding Councils e.g. National Technical Vocational Education Board (TVET Board);
• Ensure proper reporting and adherence to financial management requirements in line with normal World Bank rules and regulations
• Provide appropriate and timely recommendations and advice to the CESP Executive Director on various issues including technical related matters , human resource management issues, financial management of the project and strategic advice;
• Taking immediate action in development of a roadmap for CESP implementation;
• Provide secretariat services to CESP;
• Provide support in facilitation of CESP meetings particularly those concerned with progress of the program;
• Provide regular and timely updates to CESP about the progress made under the ASDPII and seek strategic guidance and support as and when required;
• Any other tasks as per requirement and given by the supervisor;
a. The CESP Coordination/ Operation Officer will work under supervision of CESP Executive Director and he/she will submit an inception report that should include work plan for 6 months within two weeks after joining.
b. The Coordination/Operation Officer of CESP shall prepare a report before 5th of every month detailing the activities carried out with reference to work plan. In addition he/she will also prepare quarterly monitoring reports.
MS Office package
- At least a Bachelor Degree in Project Management, Business Administration, and General Management, Public Administration or related discipline relevant to project management, with sound knowledge of contemporary issues in the education sector of Afghanistan is necessary.
- A minimum of four years in a relevant international organization, public institution or private sector, with proven skills in the administration and coordination of internationally financed development programs is required.
- Familiarity with the project management processes within the context of the government of Afghanistan would be an advantage. Computer literate, very well ability of using all aspects of the two local languages and English language is a must. Master degree in relevant field would be an advantage.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Management
Interested Afghan candidates are requested to send their applications and CVs via e-mail by clearly mentioning the Vacancy Number and Position Title.
Human Resources Department
Afghanistan Second Skills Development Project (ASDPII)
Address: Deputy Ministry of Technical Vocational Education and Training, Dehbori, behind of Music School, Ministry of Education, Kabul, Afghanistan
Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply
|More jobs in this category|
|Plumber Assistance at Ministery of Energy and Water||Kabul||03 Aug 2017|
|Cleaner at SME Client Support Afghanistan LLC||Balkh||31 Jul 2017|
|Learning Assessment Admin Officer at Ministry of Education (MoE)||Kabul||31 Jul 2017|
|Plant/Site Administrator at Southern Development-Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Aug 2017|
|Admin/financeAssistant at Mashal Baheer Group of Companies||Kabul||31 Jul 2017|
|Logistics and Admin Assistant at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Kabul||25 Jul 2017|
|ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK FSN-05 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||31 Jul 2017|
|English for Schools Classroom Manager at British Council Afghanistan||Multi Cities||12 Aug 2017|
|آمر حفظ ومراقبت at Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and li..||Kabul||27 Jul 2017|
|آمرحفظ تاسیسات و اماکن at Ministry of Agriculture Irri..||Kabul||27 Jul 2017|
|Residence Hall Coordinator at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||17 Aug 2017|
|Training Assistant at DABS||Kabul||31 Jul 2017|
|ICAWED Intern at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Jul 2017|
|Office Manager at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||15 Aug 2017|
|معاون تحویلدار at DABS||Kabul||04 Aug 2017|
|Admin Officer at Afghanaid||Multi Cities||23 Jul 2017|
|Driver at Afghanaid||Multi Cities||23 Jul 2017|
|Project Administrative Support Personnel at ARIF AZIM CO. LTD.||Kabul||31 Jul 2017|
|Administrative Assistant at ARIF AZIM CO. LTD.||Kabul||30 Jul 2017|
|Fundraiser, Business Developer, and Proposal .. at Jahan University||Kabul||01 Sep 2017|
|Finance Assistant at Afghan Cyber ISP||Kabul||03 Aug 2017|
|تحویلدار at DABS||Wardak||24 Jul 2017|
|مدیر اداری /میدان شهر at DABS||Wardak||24 Jul 2017|