Admin Logistic Assistant(2050 Views)
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is implementing “On Farm Water Management (OFWM)” Project, financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF), in five (5) regions, namely: Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Balkh (Mazar-i-Sharif), Baghlan and Heart.
The overall development objective (PDO) of the OFWM-Project is to improve agricultural productivity in the Project Areas by enhancing the efficiency of water used.
A Kabul-based Project Management Unit (PMU) headed by the Project Manager, with the assistance of Core Team of Specialists, is responsible for execution of the project. Five Area Teams: one each in Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Mazar-i-Sharif (Balkh), Bamyan and Heart, have been established for implementation of field activities.
The project started its implementation from March, 2011 for a period of 3 years and is being monitored by Worlds Bank. The project closing date has recently been extended up to April 2016. The project has received additional fund from the World Bank (the Bank) and the period of the OFWMP has been extended to December 2019.
The Project consists of the following parts:
Part A: On-Farm Water Management
1. Carrying out social mobilization for the establishment of Irrigation Associations (IAs) in the Project Areas, including, inter alia, the provision of: (a) training to communities in organization and management of IAs; (b) facilitation services for communities to develop the IAs’ internal legal rules and regulations (by-laws); (c) assistance to IAs in order for them to be registered under the Water Law (1388); and (d) technical training to IAs regarding water distribution, maintenance of irrigation infrastructure, irrigation methods, water-saving techniques, crop-water requirements, and good agronomic practices.
2. (a) Carrying out rehabilitation works to small irrigation schemes or tertiary canals (watercourses) covering approximately 40,000 hectares in total in the Project Areas, including, inter alia: (a) rehabilitation of existing intakes, (b) canal lining; (c) construction of control structures and outlets; (d) construction of, culverts, laundry basins and cattle troughs; and
(b) Improving design standards and strengthening the private sector’s capacity for contract management and construction techniques.
3. Establishing easily accessible pilot irrigation demonstration sites in the Project Areas to showcase improved water management practices/technology and agronomic water saving techniques/measures, as well as proper farm planning and layout for an efficient use of irrigation water.
Part B: Institutional Strengthening and Capacity Building of MAIL
Developing the institutional capacity of MAIL to plan, design, implement and monitor irrigation programs, including, inter alia: (a) construction and/or renovation of office buildings, one each in Kabul, Jalalabad, Baghlan, Mazar-e-Sharif and Herat, respectively for MAIL and Project staff; (b) strengthening of MAIL’s Directorate of Irrigation at national, provincial and district levels; (c) strengthening the legal framework for the irrigation sector, (d) developing a national irrigation program, (e) undertaking of technical training in the irrigation sector including study tours transferring on-farm water management know-how; and (f) developing a database covering irrigation systems throughout the country.
Part C: Project Management, Coordination, Monitoring & Evaluation
Strengthening the institutional capacity of MAIL for Project implementation, policy development, and technical innovation, monitoring and evaluation, by establishing and maintaining a Project Implementation Unit comprised of a Kabul-based core team, five (5) Project Area Teams and internationally recruited experts.
Part D: Support for Productivity Enhancement
1. Establishing easily accessible pilot irrigation demonstration sites in the Project Area to showcase improved water management practices/technology and agronomic water saving techniques/measures, improved agronomic and social management practices, as well as proper farm planning and layout for an efficient use of irrigation water.
2. Promoting land leveling and high-efficiency irrigation technologies in the Project Area.
3. Establishing Information Centers for farmers at the provincial and district level in the Project Area.
|Date Posted:||11 Oct 2016||Reference:||MAIL/OFWMP/59|
|Closing Date:||22 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Any||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist in delivery of procured items to the implementation sites
2. Keeping records of all logistic stocks.
3. Keep the store/stock in a sensitive manner.
4. Logistic support of site offices.
5. Take meeting minutes, organize and distribute minutes as required.
6. Assist staff in the arrangement of official travels and missions.
7. Draft official emails and correspondence and other admin tasks as assigned by Senior Admin Logistic Officer.
8. Keeping track of the transport log-book for the office vehicles both in the Kabul and in the sites, and follow up with drivers on transport related issues.
9. Oversee maintenance of vehicle.
10. Ensure an orderly transport system and schedule for the office;
11. Inform Senior Admin/Logistic Officer of any major problems with the vehicle in order to ensure a Speedy remedy;
12. Ensuring proper maintenance of filing system;
13. Ensure materials are handled in a business sensitive and confidential manner;
14. Preparing inventory lists;
15. Maintain meeting and project activity calendar.
16. Maintain Generator Logbook and services record.
17. Perform any other official duties as required
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
The candidate must have achieved a Bachelor Degree with 2 years relevant experience or Baccalaureate with 4 years relevant working experience.
Document management skills.
Good oral and written communication skills in English and Pashto and/or Dari.
Good computer skills, including competence in word processing, excel, and internet/e-mail.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
High School, Administrative
On-Farm Water Management Project, MAIL, Pamir Building 7th floor.
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock,
Address: Kabul University Road, Kabul, Afghanistan
Note: No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for written test and interview.
The Subject Line Must be vacancy number
|More jobs in this category|
|OFC Senior Expert at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|M&E Officer at Asia Higher Education Institute||Herat||25 Nov 2017|
|Administration Assistant at Criminal Justice Task Force (CJTF)||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|English Learning Centre Manager at British Council Afghanistan||Balkh||04 Dec 2017|
|Admin Associate at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||29 Nov 2017|
|متخصص اداری ثبت معلومات at ACD||Kabul||28 Nov 2017|
|Public Administration Advisor to MoMP Ministe.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|
|Senior Administration Officer at IFRC||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|Project Officer – English for Afghans Proje.. at British Council Afghan..||Kabul||26 Nov 2017|