National Field Security Specialist(1670 Views)
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is an inter-governmental development organization with headquarters in Rome and program offices in Kabul and several other provinces in Afghanistan. IDLO fulfils its mandate by providing training, technical assistance, research, and publication to governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), local communities, and professional associations in developing countries, countries in economic transition, and countries emerging from armed conflict. IDLO began working in Afghanistan in 2001 and has become a leading partner of Afghan government, donor countries and international agencies to achieve the common goal of strengthening the rule of law. Afghanistan has been an IDLO Member Country since 2012.
This position reports to the National Security Officer (NSO) and will primarily conduct field security activities in support of IDLO operations. These will include carrying out Security Risk Assessments, Venue Assessments, briefings and training.
When not in the field, this position will provide technical and administrative support to the operations room/despatch office and wider security team. The delegation of tasks will be managed and monitored by the NSO.
The NFSS will also deputise for the NSO during absences.
|Date Posted:||13 Oct 2016||Reference:||IDLO/OPS/51/2016|
|Closing Date:||27 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Security/Safety||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Field Security Support
a. Assist in the coordination and planning of field missions.
b. Conduct Security Assessments, within Kabul and in provincial locations, as required.
c. Travel with IDLO staff to provide security support on field missions, as required.
d. Deliver security training and advice to IDLO National and International staff, as directed by the NSO and Security Manager.
e. He will work closely with the Field Security Officer responsible for field missions
2. Administrative Support to Security Department
a. Provide support to security procurement activities.
b. Assist the NSO in administration of the drivers, dispatch office and national guards, as required.
3. Kabul Operations
a. Assist the NSO and Kabul Security Officer in the running of daily security operations.
b. Provide security support to bank runs.
c. Carry out other security related tasks as required by the NSO and Security Manager.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
1. Confident with travelling around Afghanistan on a regular basis.
2. Have good relations with local authorities.
1. At least three years of experience in security or related field.
2. Should have 3 years experience of working in an International Organization
3. A strong knowledge of the security situation across Afghanistan.
4. Should have the ability to work with National and International staff.
5. Should have knowledge of working with ANP and other security forces.
6. Be familiar with filing and good office practice.
7. Be able to produce training material for Nationals staff and be able to deliver such training effectively.
1. Must hold a full and valid driver’s license.
2. Able to speak Dari, Pashto and English fluently.
3. Finished high school.
4. Confident in conducting security training.
5. Excellent written skills, in the above languages and strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
6. Thoroughly familiar with computer, printers and office equipment.
7. Previous experience in a similar role would be beneficial.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
High School, Security/Safety
Please submit your CV and indicate clearly in the subject of your e-mail the position and the number of the vacancy you are applying.
Please read the above vacancy and make sure your experience and qualification meets the above criteria and if any application does not meet the above criteria will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview or written test if required.
|More jobs in this category|
|گارد امنیتی ومحافظ شخصی at Malika and Refa Solution||Multi Cities||01 Feb 2018|