Contract Management Specialist forMoMP/APA(1487 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum has number of development projects which are setting up, supporting and monitoring through the PSU Directorate within the Ministry of Mines & Petroleum. The Afghanistan Petroleum Support Unit is now seeking well qualified individual for the position of Contract Management Specialist to work in APSU Project at MoMP.
Under the Direct Supervision of Petroleum Support Unit Coordinator, Contract Management Specialist is responsible for the functions related to The Contract Management Specialist (CMS) direct the personnel under his authority with tasks in support the Oil and Gas projects under the APA. However, the execution of following tasks is ultimately the responsibility of the DG. The CMS serves as single point of contact for all official communications with contractors and shall draft/review. The CMS is responsible to for draft, send, receive, and archive all official APA correspondence with contractors.
|Date Posted:||15 Oct 2016||Reference:||MoMP/PSU/APA/Contract Management Specialist|
|Closing Date:||29 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 5 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• The Contract Management Specialist (CMS) direct the personnel under his authority with tasks in support the Oil and Gas projects under the APA. However, the execution of following tasks is ultimately the responsibility of the DG.
• The CMS serves as single point of contact for all official communications with contractors and shall draft/review.
• The CMS is responsible to for draft, send, receive, and archive all official APA correspondence with contractors.
• If contractor correspondence requires action from another APA directorate or Afghan Government instrumentality:
• Forward contractor correspondence to the relevant directorate or instrumentality; and
• Coordinate with a responsible official at the directorate or instrumentality to ensure appropriate action is taken and the contractor’s request is responded to in a timely manner
• The CMS is responsible to coordinate with other government directorates as needed to ensure timely correspondence.
• The CMS shall facilitate the contractual obligation of Afghan government by coordination with other ministries and agencies.
• The tasks include the issuance of visas, customs clearances, import licenses, permits and approvals, provision of security forces, and assistance in the approval of environmental reports.
• The CMS task also include community engagements,
• The CMS shall track deadlines for submission of contractor reports and to ensure reports are submitted in a timely manner.
• The CMS shall coordinate with Contract Finance and Technical Services Departments to review quality and content of contractor reports for compliance with APA require departments and request additional information if needed.
• The CMS shall ensure that the contractor is in compliance with non-technical and non-financial components of the EPSC and ensure that the APA receives and archives copies of all contractors’ subcontracts.
• Ensuring APA receives copies of contractor insurance and ensuring contractor interests in EPSC are not transferred without MoMP approval.
• The CMS shall coordinate with TSD to ensure contractor complies with good oil field practices and other technical and operational requirements, including minimum exploration program and minimum production requirements.
• CMS shall coordinate with CFD to ensure contractor makes all required payments, including bonuses, royalty payments, and production sharing payments, surface rental fees, and income taxes. The CMS shall also coordinate with NEPA to ensure contractor complies with all relevant requirements under Afghanistan’s environmental laws and regulations.
• Establish annual timetable for Technical, Operations and Management Committee Meetings regarding the projects.
• Establish timetable for contractor report submission and communicate.
• Record instances of noncompliance and report them to the Petroleum Support Unit Coordinator and DG APA.
• The Contract Management Specialist will report to Petroleum Support Unit Coordinator.
• Identify and define technical and administrative problems, identify and evaluate alternative solutions, and select and implement the best alternative
• Prepare plan correction reports
• Review proposed projects to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
• Communicate effectively in oral and written form
• Bachelors’ Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economy, Contract Management with 4-5 years working experiences in related fields, or related studies and having Master degrees strongly will be preferred.
• Degree or Certificate in contract management and Project Management a distinct advantage
• Knowledge of procurement, tendering and contracting processes and requirements;
• Excellent and proven experience in dealing with contractors and local partners;
• Extensive working experience in dealing with various reports and information analysis a distinct advantage
• Experience preparing reports to donors and clients, and coordinating the compliance to grant requirements an asset
• Experience in monitoring, control and evaluation of projects or any other project in Afghanistan or similar developing countries highly desirable
• Excellent command of both oral and written English
• Good communication (verbal and written) and strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
• Have excellent analytical, and writing skills
• Be results oriented and able to meet strict timelines for outputs
• Be able and willing to travel and work in remote areas in challenging circumstance
• Be a self-motivated, versatile and adaptable to different cultures and people
• Good working knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel), email/internet, ability to operate other Information
• Competent in the use of computers and standard computer software.
Afghanistan - Kabul
• In your email please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
• Hard copies will be sent to: Development Projects HR Unit, Second floor, at the Ministry of Mines & Petroleum, Pashtonistan Watt
• The Contact Person is: Mr. Abdul Basheer Hassam, (Projects HR Coordinator), Phone number: 0093- (0)- 795-62 63 20
|More jobs in this category|
|Zone Manager at Afghanistan Women Chamber of Commerce and Industry (AWCCI..||Multi Cities||31 Mar 2018|
|Project Officer (NFE Curriculum &Teacher; Edu.. at UNESCO Kabul||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|Senior Project Officer at ASDP/DMTVET/MOE||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|آمر ترانسپورت at ATRA||Kabul||25 Mar 2018|