Procurement Officer(882 Views)
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is implementing “On Farm Water Management (OFWM)” Project, financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF), in five (5) regions, namely: Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Balkh (Mazar-i-Sharif), Baghlan and Heart.
The overall development objective (PDO) of the OFWM-Project is to improve agricultural productivity in the Project Areas by enhancing the efficiency of water used.
A Kabul-based Project Management Unit (PMU) headed by the Project Manager, with the assistance of Core Team of Specialists, is responsible for execution of the project. Five Area Teams: one each in Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Mazar-i-Sharif (Balkh), Bamyan and Heart, have been established for implementation of field activities.
The project started its implementation from March, 2011 for a period of 3 years and is being monitored by Worlds Bank. The project closing date has recently been extended up to April 2016. The project has received additional fund from the World Bank (the Bank) and the period of the OFWMP has been extended to December 2019. For procurement, the project is mainly following World Bank Procurement guidelines by ensuring that Procurement Law of Afghanistan is also generally followed
Part A: On-Farm Water Management
1. Carrying out social mobilization for the establishment of Irrigation Associations (IAs) in the Project Areas, including, inter alia, the provision of: (a) training to communities in organization and management of IAs; (b) facilitation services for communities to develop the IAs’ internal legal rules and regulations (by-laws); (c) assistance to IAs in order for them to be registered under the Water Law (1388); and (d) technical training to IAs regarding water distribution, maintenance of irrigation infrastructure, irrigation methods, water-saving techniques, crop-water requirements, and good agronomic practices.
2. (a) Carrying out rehabilitation works to small irrigation schemes or tertiary canals (watercourses) covering approximately 40,000 hectares in total in the Project Areas, including, inter alia: (a) rehabilitation of existing intakes, (b) canal lining; (c) construction of control structures and outlets; (d) construction of, culverts, laundry basins and cattle troughs; and
(b) Improving design standards and strengthening the private sector’s capacity for contract management and construction techniques.
3. Establishing easily accessible pilot irrigation demonstration sites in the Project Areas to showcase improved water management practices/technology and agronomic water saving techniques/measures, as well as proper farm planning and layout for an efficient use of irrigation water.
Part B: Institutional Strengthening and Capacity Building of MAIL
Developing the institutional capacity of MAIL to plan, design, implement and monitor irrigation programs, including, inter alia: (a) construction and/or renovation of office buildings, one each in Kabul, Jalalabad, Baghlan, Mazar-e-Sharif and Herat, respectively for MAIL and Project staff; (b) strengthening of MAIL’s Directorate of Irrigation at national, provincial and district levels; (c) strengthening the legal framework for the irrigation sector, (d) developing a national irrigation program, (e) undertaking of technical training in the irrigation sector including study tours transferring on-farm water management know-how; and (f) developing a database covering irrigation systems throughout the country.
Part C: Project Management, Coordination, Monitoring & Evaluation
Strengthening the institutional capacity of MAIL for Project implementation, policy development, and technical innovation, monitoring and evaluation, by establishing and maintaining a Project Implementation Unit comprised of a Kabul-based core team, five (5) Project Area Teams and internationally recruited experts.
Part D: Support for Productivity Enhancement
1. Establishing easily accessible pilot irrigation demonstration sites in the Project Area to showcase improved water management practices/technology and agronomic water saving techniques/measures, improved agronomic and social management practices, as well as proper farm planning and layout for an efficient use of irrigation water.
2. Promoting land leveling and high-efficiency irrigation technologies in the Project Area.
3. Establishing Information Centers for farmers at the provincial and district level in the Project Area.
|Date Posted:||15 Oct 2016||Reference:||MAIL/OFWMP/13|
|Closing Date:||25 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Procurement||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
To assist MAIL/OFWMP Procurement Unit for the procurement of Goods, Works and Consultant’s services in a timely manner to ensure that the assigned tasks are implemented within the original time schedule and project costs. Under the direct supervision of Procurement Specialist/Sr. Procurement Officer, the incumbent will carry out his/her duties under the procurement guidelines of the World Bank for all projects financed by the World Bank and ARTF and the procurement law of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
His/her responsibilities will include but NOT limited to:
• Assisting the Procurement Unit of the OFWM project (in cooperation with the General Procurement Directorate in MAIL) in overall planning and managing of the procurement of Goods and Consultancy Services required under the project.
• Checking all documents submitted to the procurement unit
• Preparation of draft request for quotations, bidding documents, Invitation for Bids (IFB), Request for EOI (REOI), Request for proposal (RFP).
• Assisting in bid/proposal-opening
• Assisting in evaluation of quotations/bids and Proposal-evaluation meetings, preparation of statement for proposal-evaluations, preparing draft evaluation reports contracts, etc. for procurement of Consultancy Services, Goods and works.
• Arrange the publication of IFB/REOIs and other advertisements in local newspaper and the MAIL, ARDS and other websites.
• Monitoring of procurement issues related to procurement of Consultancy Services, Goods & Works and making sure the World Bank procedures and guidelines are implemented.
• Maintaining the project filing system regarding procurement matters.
• Ensuring all procurement project correspondence received is dispatched and recorded.
• Such other duties as may be assigned by the OFWM Project Manager.
• Extending assistance, as required, to the Contract Management Specialist, and/or to Finance/Admin unit for Contract Management /payments to Consultants and Suppliers.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
The candidate must have at least a Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years of exclusive procurement experience with a minimum of 1 year for World Bank funded/monitored projects.
The incumbents should have good knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and other MS Office software including competence in MS outlook..
Good document management skills.
Good oral and written communication skills in English and Pashto and/or Dari.
Good follow up and coordinating/convening/persuading skills Planning & Organizing- Ability to plan own work and manage conflicting priorities.
Teamwork- Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people.
Complex and rapidly changing environment and excellent interpersonal skills
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Procurement
Send your CV to:
On-Farm Water Management Project, MAIL, Pamir Building 7th floor.
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock,
Address: Kabul University Road, Kabul, Afghanistan
Note: No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for written test and interview.
The Subject Line Must be vacancy number
|More jobs in this category|
|Procurement Officer (Re announced) at AAIP ( Ministry of Agriculture )||Kabul||30 Oct 2016|
|Store Keeper (Fixed Term Position No. 341956 .. at World Health Organizat..||Kabul||01 Nov 2016|
|Procurement Specialist at Kabul Municipality||Kabul||02 Nov 2016|
|Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||31 Dec 2016|
|Contract Specialist at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||31 Dec 2016|