Public Outreach and Advocacy Capacity Building Specialist(1097 Views)
About Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc.
-The objective of the Assistance for the Development of Afghan Legal Access and Transparency (ADALAT) Project is to improve citizen access to justice services based on Afghan law. ADALAT aims to increase the effectiveness and reach of the formal justice sector, strengthen linkages between the formal and traditional justice sectors, and increase citizen demand for quality legal services.
The Public Outreach and Advocacy Capacity Building Specialist will report to the Public Outreach and Advocacy CSO Support Team Leader in Kabul. The Public Outreach and Advocacy Capacity Building Specialist will assist the Public Outreach and Advocacy CSO Support Team Leader in overseeing the public outreach and advocacy component.
|Date Posted:||18 Oct 2016||Reference:||43|
|Closing Date:||21 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Technical||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in overseeing the public outreach and advocacy component work.
• Assist in assessing the capacity of partner CSOs receiving public outreach and advocacy grants.
• Assist in the design of request for grant applications.
• Assist in evaluation of grant applications.
• Assist in monitoring/managing of partner CSOs/NGOs.
• Assist in providing direct technical assistance to build the administrative, advocacy and outreach capacity of partner CSOs.
• Assist in conducting participatory organization development assessments of ADALAT partner CSOs and develop action plans for the organizations’ development.
• Follow up with ADALAT partner CSOs, on the implementation of their action plans.
• Assist ADALAT partner CSOs to access resources for addressing organization capacity needs and help them to plan for and get the most out of organization capacity interventions.
• Assist in developing advocacy manual and conduct Advocacy ToT to partner CSOs.
• Assist in organizing workshops for ADALAT partner CSOs on topics such as strategic planning, communication and outreach/ advocacy and management.
• Assist in providing ADALAT partner CSOs with direct practical technical assistance according to their needs and areas of expertise.
• Support ADALAT partner CSOs in completing capacity assessment checklists.
• Travel to provinces as required.
• Perform other tasks assigned by the Public Outreach and Advocacy CSO Support Team Leader
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• University degree in Law, Journalism, Public Administration, management or related field
• Level 4 English ability.
• Three years of experience working with the Afghan Civil Society Organizations, in particular with work related to capacity building, advocacy, outreach and grant management is preferred
• Strong writing, presentation, and training communication skills
• Fluency in Dari and/or Pashto.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Please send your CV and a cover letter that explains your suitability to the position.
-Checchi is an equal opportunity employer. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
- Write in the subject line of your email the job title and number.
- Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Deputy Chief of Party/Technical, USAID Value .. at TETRA TECH||Kabul||17 Nov 2017|
|Device Technology Senior Specialist (100 GPM .. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Jawzjan||08 Nov 2017|