Contract Technical Affairs Specialist for MoMP/APA(466 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum has number of development projects which are setting up, supporting and monitoring through the PSU Directorate within the Ministry of Mines & Petroleum. The Afghanistan Petroleum Support Unit is now seeking well qualified individual for the position of Contract Technical Affairs Specialist to work in APSU Project at MoMP.
Under the Direct Supervision of Petroleum Support Unit Coordinator, Contract Technical Affairs Specialist is responsible for the functions related to Field Oversight & Compliance. The Contract Technical Affairs Specialist (CTAS) shall monitor and verify that all field work done by the contractor and sub-contractors is carried out in compliance with the Petroleum Law, Petroleum Regulations, relevant EPSC contract, and good oil field practices. Discrepancies shall be documented and reported to the DG APA. The CTAS shall verify and track quantity of hydrocarbons produced, stored and sold and shall participate in joint calibration of metering facilities.
|Date Posted:||15 Oct 2016||Reference:||MoMP/Contract Technical Affairs Specialist|
|Closing Date:||29 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Technical||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 5 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Field Oversight & Compliance. The Contract Technical Affairs Specialist (CTAS) shall monitor and verify that all field work done by the contractor and sub-contractors is carried out in compliance with the Petroleum Law, Petroleum Regulations, relevant EPSC contract, and good oil field practices. Discrepancies shall be documented and reported to the DG APA.
• Metering. The CTAS shall verify and track quantity of hydrocarbons produced, stored and sold and shall participate in joint calibration of metering facilities.
• Spot Inspections. The CTAS may conduct inspections to ensure contractors comply with health, safety and environment standards. The CTAS may also conduct inventory audits on contractor equipment and personnel to ensure the accuracy of contractor budgets.
• Technical Analysis. The CTAS shall ensure that reserve estimates are determined and updated using accepted industry methodologies.
• Administration of Contractor Reports: The CTAS shall analyze and approve contractor field development programs, reserve depletion strategies, drilling plans, quality assurance/quality control plans, heath safety and environment plan, risk assessment and risk management plan, as well as other technical reports and proposals.
• Reporting. The CTAS shall prepare periodic reports to the DG APA and MoMP for oil and gas production, reserves redetermination recalculation, contractor activity, HSE compliance, issues related to non-compliance by the contractor, etc. The CTAS shall work with Contract Management Directorate to assist contractor in developing and adopting daily and periodic reports covering all activities related to hydrocarbons operations.
• Support for other APA Directorates:
• Work with Contract Management Directorate to establish and manage a timetable for technical committee meetings with contractors to review past and future operations.
• The CTAS shall also support the other directorates in analysis and approval of work programs and budgets.
• Advice Contract Management Directorate on equipment and materials entitled to be imported important duty-free.
• Support Contract Management Directorate to verify that the areas within a contract which are relinquished conform to the requirements of the contract.
• Policy Support. As needed, the CTAS may review petroleum regulations to ensure they are complete, may assist to resolve unitization issues related to the contract areas or international borders and may participate in transnational pipeline negotiations.
• Tender Support. As needed, the CTAS may support hydrocarbons tenders by determining areas for tender, develop minimum exploration requirements, and assess the technical capabilities of bidding companies.
• The Contract Technical Affairs Specialist will report to Petroleum Support Unit Coordinator.
• Identify and define technical and administrative problems, identify and evaluate alternative solutions, and select and implement the best alternative
• Prepare plan correction reports
• Review proposed projects to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
• Communicate effectively in oral and written form
• Bachelors’ Degree in Petroleum Engineering and Petroleum Geology, or related studies and having Master degrees strongly will be preferred.
• Minimum 4-5 years of work experience in related field
• Knowledge of procurement, tendering and contracting processes and requirements;
• Excellent and proven experience in dealing with contractors and local partners;
• Extensive working experience in dealing with various reports and information analysis a distinct advantage
• Experience preparing reports to donors and clients, and coordinating the compliance to grant requirements an asset
• Experience in monitoring, control and evaluation of projects or any other project in Afghanistan or similar developing countries highly desirable
• Excellent command of both oral and written English
• Good communication (verbal and written) and strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
• Have excellent analytical, and writing skills
• Be results oriented and able to meet strict timelines for outputs
• Be able and willing to travel and work in remote areas in challenging circumstance
• Be a self-motivated, versatile and adaptable to different cultures and people
• Good working knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel), email/internet, ability to operate other Information
• Competent in the use of computers and standard computer software
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Engineering
• In your email please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
• Hard copies will be sent to: Development Projects HR Unit, Second floor, at the Ministry of Mines & Petroleum, Pashtonistan Watt
• The Contact Person is: Mr. Abdul Basheer Hassam, (Projects HR Coordinator), Phone number: 0093- (0)- 795-62 63 20
Afghanistan - Kabul: 2nd floor, Project Support Unit, Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Pashtonistan Watt.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!